Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat

Author Topic: AntigOne's Project  (Read 791529 times)

Offline manga rivotra

Re: AntigOne's Project
« Reply #2740 on: July 25, 2020, 01:45:37 PM »
Your work is truly incredible: the lavender and sunflowers as well as the grass model are amazingly realistic!  :o
It's fabulous to see such a level of perfection with such an old game, and I can't wait to see more of your mountain village.  :thumbsup:

Offline Girafe

• Grand master
  • Administrator
  • Forums Guru
  • Ƒℓ⃝яaℓer™
  • CL:
    Mother Nature's Son
« Reply #2741 on: July 27, 2020, 11:44:41 AM »
These plants looks great  :thumbsup: I am really surprised by the result swapping away the modeling phase. Even the redundancy is barely noticeable  &apls &apls

Lavender result is nice, much nicer than anything I attempted regarding this species  ::)

:)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Offline Badsim

• Le Diable est dans les détails .
  • VIP Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL: Not that bad !!!   $%Grinno$%
« Reply #2742 on: July 29, 2020, 08:13:04 AM »
Hi ,

Previously;

But it was a year ago, corn has replaced sunflowers and the wild flora has evoluated;

Cornflower (Cyanus segetum)  has been improved, yarrow (Achillea  filipendula) and fireweed (Epilobium angustifolia) have appeared:

Previously, I was unable to MMP more flora, while I was thinking that my kSC4FloraParametersProperty was a killer… due to the scale, it was outdated; the new one is a killer, I can plop almost indefinitely, at least more would have no sense. I have dropped the 11th rep. from 0.10000 to 0.010000:

… I don’t know if that value is in meter ::) but it doesn’t matter. ;) Another point which irritated me many often, the minimum space to respect before to be able to start a new sequence whithout finishing the active one … that’s now solved too by dropping  the Flora: Cluster max radius value from 1.3 to 0.1 (I don’t know either if that value is in meter but it doesn’t matter more  ::) ) ;

… let’s say that the cursor of the mouse has now to stay perfectly immobile if you want to browse a complete sequence. :-[  These changes are, of course, valid and relevant for that kind of small flora only and it needs such a MMPing precision that you’re forced to go beyond zoom 6. The other dark side is that ctrlX SizeOf 5 zoom level is extremely addictive and that’s hard to come back to regular zoom levels and make do with them.  ()sad()

Next wild small flora, already in the pipes:

Burdock (Arctium lappa), thistle (Silybum marianum) and hogweed (Heracleum mantegazzianum).The most difficult (and time consuming) is to extract correctly these plants from their background.

Thanks Antoine, that said, I think this method is reasonably practicable to small flora only…that’s more complicated that I’ve shown, it is almost impossible to replace a FSH without correcting the UVMapping for XY position, then SC4ModelTweaker to correct the Z axis. The benefit of small flora is that you don’t need to replace the 20 FSHs, those for zoom 6&5 ( they’re the same) then, those for zoom 4, is largely sufficient.

manga rivotra; thanks for your enthusiast comment. :thumbsup: Well, I’m doing all these wild flora for the village suroundings, so … it could take some time … a teasing close up for you:

You should be able to see it full sizes (1600x900) by left clicking on it. ;)

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Offline Badsim

• Le Diable est dans les détails .
  • VIP Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL: Not that bad !!!   $%Grinno$%
« Reply #2743 on: July 31, 2020, 07:55:22 AM »
Hi,

Is there something, by this world, more delicate, lithesome and fragile than butterflies ?  ::)

A « Paon-du-jour »  (European Peacock Butterfly/Aglais io) , gathering nectar from dandelion (Taraxacum) flowers …

Zoom 6, for the corn field …

Zoom SizeOf 5 for hogweeds (an invasive, toxic and dangerous plant from Caucasia) and thistles …

Alejocgc13’s Mercedes_Benz truck and Girafe’s car from vol.4, both  resized up 1.2, Girafe’s Berries resized down 0.7 ( and maybe not the first time I resized it down, I can’t remember…)

Zoom SizeOf 10 for the very first dandelions…

Zoom SizeOf 20 for the European Peacock Butterfly…

Next step, zoom SizeOf 30 for SC4 ants ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Offline manga rivotra

« Reply #2744 on: August 01, 2020, 01:43:16 PM »
When I see all these plants in "UltraHD mode" (same for re-skins trains), I tell myself that I don't need a 3D game: everything is there and this new way of creating flora could well extend the life of this game further.  &apls &apls &apls
Thank you for that !  :thumbsup:

Offline mattb325

• BSC Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL:
    SC4D Housing Authority
« Reply #2745 on: August 01, 2020, 07:34:59 PM »
Gorgeous! I'm amazed at how much you can achieve without actually having to use a 3d modelling program  :thumbsup:

Offline Girafe

• Grand master
  • Administrator
  • Forums Guru
  • Ƒℓ⃝яaℓer™
  • CL:
    Mother Nature's Son
« Reply #2746 on: August 02, 2020, 02:19:53 PM »
Butterfly and not guinea fowl  &ops &ops &ops what a betrayal  ()sad()

It's time to release all these beautiful recreations stacking in your hard drive  :)

pintade  :P
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *