Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat

Author Topic: BAT Showcase  (Read 417845 times)

Offline BartonThinks

Re: BAT Showcase
« Reply #2260 on: September 25, 2020, 11:18:09 PM »
Another fantastic addition, Matt. Grabbed this one as soon as I could.

On an unrelated note, I had a small question that I hope I'm not out of line in asking. Your Cottages Ornee series from some years back has a number of non-orthogonal models -- is there any chance that you'd be interested in releasing ortho versions of these houses in a future prop pack for other LOTters?

They're easily my favorite set of BATs for R$$ areas, but in the types of cities I try to model in SC4, there tend to be very few homes that that aren't square to the road. As a result, I rarely end up using some of the best BATs from those two packs (e.g., the Dover the Essex - pardon the error, the Radford, the Radcliffe, the Pomeroy, etc.).

Apologies if this kind of request is a little gauche (or if you repeatedly get this request from other posters). Considering how many of your BATs already occupy my plugins folder, I hope this question doesn't come across as ungrateful or anything like that.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 04:21:48 AM by BartonThinks »

Offline Lilith

« Reply #2261 on: September 26, 2020, 10:00:38 AM »
Matt, you are a machine. A machine that does beautiful and spectacular jobs.  :D

I am really amazed by the quality of your works.

Congratulations

Offline mattb325

• BSC Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL:
    SC4D Housing Authority
« Reply #2262 on: September 28, 2020, 03:15:32 AM »
Thanks guys (Lilith - it's great to see you back  :thumbsup:)

@BartonThinks. I have often thought about rendering some of those old houses in a basic ortho alignment. I made the files a very, very loooong time ago - in GMAX - I think I have them on a back up drive somewhere. It's probably something I'll do once my 3dsMax license runs out in 15 month's time (as that will be the end of batting me for me as no versions after 3dsMax 2017 are compatible with SC4).

But in the meantime, I've released another BAT: hungry jacks

Here:
https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=4002

Also, another 'ye olde worlde' bat - a meeting hall designed to viewed in the round

to add to the upcoming releases....

I must be going through a olde worlde phase  ::) $%Grinno$%

Offline Girafe

• Grand master
  • Administrator
  • Forums Guru
  • CL:
    Mother Nature's Son
« Reply #2263 on: September 28, 2020, 06:30:12 AM »
Looks great Matt  :)
Don't worry for 3dsmax, let me know once your license is over  $%#Ninj2
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Offline gn_leugim

• Forums Parliamentarian
  • EHA - Making houses for eUro!
  • CL:      ★★ SC4 ★★ General Contractor
« Reply #2264 on: September 28, 2020, 09:20:26 AM »
@BartonThinks. I have often thought about rendering some of those old houses in a basic ortho alignment. I made the files a very, very loooong time ago - in GMAX - I think I have them on a back up drive somewhere. It's probably something I'll do once my 3dsMax license runs out in 15 month's time (as that will be the end of batting me for me as no versions after 3dsMax 2017 are compatible with SC4).

Great job one again!

why end?? you made awesome bats with gmax also, don't see the point in stopping because of that  &mmm

Edit: placed my onw text outside the quote  "$Deal"$
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 10:30:17 AM by gn_leugim »

Offline BartonThinks

« Reply #2265 on: September 28, 2020, 08:10:43 PM »
That's great to hear about the houses. I'll just need to be patient.  :)

Also -- floored by the meeting hall. I spent maybe 10+ hours trying to find something in this vein a few months ago. It's perfect.