Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat

Author Topic: NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE  (Read 1157948 times)

Offline fachriuwu

Re: NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE
« Reply #4660 on: January 09, 2021, 09:24:57 PM »
There's not anything in the One-Way Road Arrow Reduction Plugin that would affect the Road Turning Lanes.  What most likely would is if on the install, you forgot to check the Legacy Road Turning Lanes option in the installer (which isn't checked by default).  Reinstall, and make sure you have that box checked while doing so.

-Alex
solved thanks  :D

Offline mwerneburg

« Reply #4661 on: January 18, 2021, 03:26:55 PM »
Hi! I've been enjoying NAM since it first came out. Dating to that first installation, I wound up with two of the Maxis subway buttons in the game. This I could ignore. But with the latest installation I have six of every Maxis transportation button: roads, streets, every form of highway, subways, etc. I've tried combing through the files to see if something was amiss but no luck.

I used the installer with a fairly conservative set of options. I have the GOG version of the game on Windows 10. I also have CAM installed.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks in advance,

Offline Tarkus

• Administrator
  • Forums Legend
  • NAM Team Tankadillo
    • NAM HQ
  • CL: Dr. PuzzlePiece
« Reply #4662 on: January 18, 2021, 09:34:39 PM »
Hi mwerneburg, welcome to SC4D, and thanks for the kind words!

Doubled icons are the result of having two full copies of an icon exemplar.  They're unusual files, in that rather than overriding one another, they simply multiply, if multiple full copies of them exist.  NAM 39 does not contain any copies of the base networks' icon exemplars, so the most likely possibility is that you may have pieces of an old NAM installation around, or possibly multiple copies of SimCity_1.dat (which is where the original icon exemplars are located). 

If you merged files into SimCity_1.dat as part of CAM installation (which is part of the install process for CAM 2.1.0), and the backups are still laying out somewhere where the game might load them, that has the potential to cause such an issue.

There are ways to look up where duplicate files are stored . . . the most recent utility I know of is SC4DataNode by rivit.  It's also possible to do using the Plugins Analyser tool in ilive's Reader, which has been around in some form for a very long time.

If it helps in finding them, the hex info for the icons is that they're Type 0x6534284a, Group 0x2a3858e4, and all have Instances in the 0x0000002# range.  Here's the full list of Instance IDs (IID)--finding one of these should find the rest:

• Road: 0x00000020
  • Elevated Highway: 0x00000021
  • Rail: 0x00000022
  • Subway: 0x00000023
  • Avenue: 0x00000024
  • Light Rail (Elevated Rail): 0x00000025
  • Street: 0x0000002A
  • One-Way Road: 0x0000002B
  • Ground Highway: 0x0000002D
  • Monorail: 0x0000002E

Hope that helps!

-Alex