Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat

Author Topic: Workingman Productions (WMP) & SC4Tools websites and content  (Read 2237 times)

Offline djp

Re: Workingman Productions (WMP) & SC4Tools websites and content
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2020, 02:28:04 PM »
Thanks the replies and suggestions :thumbsup:

I'm happy for everything to be moved to the LEX and any readme files updated as needed - these have not been touched in years, so any non WMP links are probably no longer working.

I have all the source files for the website, so if it's easier I can distribute these.

Traffic to the site has been getting less and less, so it seams a lot of work to re-do the site as all that is needed is ability to download the files.

There are also the utility tools;
http://workingman-productions.co.uk/downloads/sc4t_downloads.asp

I'm not sure if these are even any use anymore - I did install them on my Win10 PC a while ago and they appeared to still work.

I'll help with anything if needed, but feel free to do what you think is best for this content

David

Offline APSMS

• San Diegan
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • "Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina"
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2020, 02:53:42 PM »
I wish I knew more about webhosting, as I always feel like there's a little bit of history with the old website design/layout and the information contained within it.

Also I just don't like dead links, and those are really common these days on the internet what with all the image hosting sites closing and then the collapse or policy changes of a number of other popular hosting sites.

I would love to figure out how to keep the sites on the web even if all of the files are catalogued and uploaded to the LEX for longevity, and even though the WMP site doesn't have forums (so much history was lost with the collapse of SimPeg)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Offline xxdita

• Administrator
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL: Mr. Fixxit
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2020, 01:00:14 AM »
Links can always be updated, as long as the content is available somewhere.

Offline djp

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2020, 12:35:07 PM »
I would love to figure out how to keep the sites on the web even if all of the files are catalogued and uploaded to the LEX for longevity, and even though the WMP site doesn't have forums (so much history was lost with the collapse of SimPeg)

If somebody is willing to host the site (about 5 a month) then the whole website could just be transferred and continue as is.

Links can always be updated, as long as the content is available somewhere.

Yep, the readme files would just need updating.