• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Extending the waterfronts

Started by Wiimeiser, July 22, 2017, 12:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Does anyone else think the existing waterfront sets could use some improvements? For example, the textures on the BSC waterfronts (those pink looking stone ones) are mismatched on some lots. Maybe it's just me.

But I'd like to see PEG OWW2 Guest Services and Boat Ramps that don't terminate the boardwalk. I also wouldn't mind a parking lot minus street connection, a waterfront hospital, waterfront schools, canal connections, more carnival pieces (you know, like the stereotypical boardwalk) and I heard something about a train station but maybe I was reading the list of missing PLEX files incorrectly... If I knew how to make these I probably would.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tyberius06

Hi!

I was thinking about remaking the PEG OWW2 set maybe the basic original OWW set as well, a little remaster on the base and overlays, some new stuff, a fully new beach set using the base props, but not the BDK ones, because those are causing the Prop Pox, but recently I have lack of motiviation of lotting, and don't really need them, I'm still quite setisfied with the PEG OWW2 at this moment. And my SeaPort Expansion project is still in propgress, plus some other smaller, but maybe once I take a look at the PEG boardwalk set.
Well I've never used the BSC ones, I know there are several waterfront sets, and there is the WMP waterfront set as well.
But the idea is great! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Wiimeiser

The BSC WFK is the pink one that has the bandstand, the highway extender and the restaurant looking place with the SG canals.

The beach ones are fixable if you delete the props in question, which I've done. If the BDK was still poxing me I'd be surprised.

Come to think of it, what types of boardwalks do we have and not have? We have three kinds of wooden boardwalk, one with park and industrial variations and another with other variations; at least two or three industrial concrete dock sets; another PEG one; and the BSC sets and a similar, orange-ish set. I'll have to grab some pictures of them when I get the chance. What kinds are we missing? How about a sci-fi one, like the PEG Utopia series? Filthy non-industrial waterfronts? Rusty Bucket Bay broken up? Something a bit different to cover parts of the map in clouds and make it look like the city's on a floating continent? Transitions between the different existing waterfront sets? And of course the addons I mentioned in my previous post.

What Seaport Expansion Project are you talking about? I'm interested.

Tyberius06

Quote from: Wiimeiser on July 26, 2017, 11:14:30 PM
What Seaport Expansion Project are you talking about? I'm interested.

I've completely redone the PED-CDK3 and CDK3-SP (seaport) set along with NBVC Modular Container Ports during the last year. They are available on the STEX and LEX as well.
Heretic SeaPort Project 1.5
Heretic SeaPort Project Expansion

Making of the second expansion is in progress, You can see some in development pictures in my lotting thread.

This expansion is more likely focusing on factories at the waterfront, it's still completely compatible with the IRM (Industrial Revolution Mod), in my plans there will be some I-Ht Seaport lots, more warehouses etc...
I reached that point where I'm trying making custom textures (mostly base textures) and I'm waiting for others projects, what I would like to re-use for this set.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Wiimeiser

I know those ones. I actually have them already.

I'd still like a sci-fi waterfront set. We have a bit of sci-fi stuff, just not a lot of interesting stuff...