Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat

Author Topic: RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support  (Read 457591 times)

Offline tomvsotis

Re: RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support
« Reply #1620 on: June 01, 2020, 05:06:03 AM »
hey @eggman121, any tips on how to use the FARR-6 in the NAM 37 RC? it looks super cool and useful, but i can't work out how to drag it out!
OK, i worked that one out. Hurrah!

A couple more, though: I'm not sure if it's bc i have a borked installation or something, but none of the draggable FARR RRW patterns from NAM 36 seem to work? e.g. dragging parallel four-tile-long pieces of rail, overlapping by two tiles, doesn't seem to override into FARR any more?

And also, how do we do FARR turnouts in NAM 37? there don't seem to be any FLEX pieces for them, and i can't get those draggable patterns to work, either. (and tbh it was always kinda difficult, even under NAM 36.)

any thoughts/advice much appreciated! what you've done w the RRW is AMAZING <3

Offline Tyberius06

« Reply #1621 on: June 01, 2020, 08:39:19 AM »
Hi!

but none of the draggable FARR RRW patterns from NAM 36 seem to work? e.g. dragging parallel four-tile-long pieces of rail, overlapping by two tiles, doesn't seem to override into FARR any more?

Indeed, this default pattern is no longer available with NAM 37. There is a new pattern, but it starts from an Ortho-FARR curve.
It's something like this with the FARR-3:

FARR-2 is something like this:

I found a kind of drag pattern for the FARR 1.5/1.33, but I'm not sure about it, but it's more messy. I would recommend you to use the FLEX-FARR items.

And also, how do we do FARR turnouts in NAM 37? there don't seem to be any FLEX pieces for them, and i can't get those draggable patterns to work, either. (and tbh it was always kinda difficult, even under NAM 36.)

At this moment I don't think if there are FLEX turnouts, but I managed to make it work most of the draggable patterns, but one. The Orthogonal DTR C2 branching off FARR 3 Turnout doesn't seem to have its pattern to be working. But the rest is working mostly, but some of them require extra care, like the FARR-2 G2 turnout. This one tends to transform to a regular/irregular turnout if you don't do it in the right way. I would say, it's working after a bunch of trial and error.

I hope it helps!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.

Offline eggman121

• NAM Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL:
    Mr. Smth
« Reply #1622 on: June 13, 2020, 01:12:27 PM »
hey @eggman121, any tips on how to use the FARR-6 in the NAM 37 RC? it looks super cool and useful, but i can't work out how to drag it out!
OK, i worked that one out. Hurrah!

A couple more, though: I'm not sure if it's bc i have a borked installation or something, but none of the draggable FARR RRW patterns from NAM 36 seem to work? e.g. dragging parallel four-tile-long pieces of rail, overlapping by two tiles, doesn't seem to override into FARR any more?

any thoughts/advice much appreciated! what you've done w the RRW is AMAZING <3

Thanks for the kind reply :)

Yes I have shifted the INRULs from the straights so dual setups are now possible. So the only way to obtain the FARR pieces are to use the patterns for the Curve pieces or easier still is to use the FLEX pieces in the TAB ring.

@Tibi Which switch where you referring too? I kept the patterns intact so there should not be an issue with the C2 FARR turnout.

On other matters now.

Just working on the reskin before any large movement...

(Setup with various pieces)

(Flying Junction)

The hope is to have a couple of Reskins that are pre compiled for NAM 37 upon proper release. Other items may follow.

-eggman121

Offline Tyberius06

« Reply #1623 on: June 13, 2020, 05:53:51 PM »

@Tibi Which switch where you referring too? I kept the patterns intact so there should not be an issue with the C2 FARR turnout.

On other matters now.

Just working on the reskin before any large movement...

(Setup with various pieces)

(Flying Junction)

The hope is to have a couple of Reskins that are pre compiled for NAM 37 upon proper release. Other items may follow.

-eggman121

Hi Stephen!

Oh, my bad. I gave it an other try and now I managed to draw that Orthogonal DTR C2 branching off FARR 3 Turnout, but the pattern is slightly differnet from the one in the old documentation.

In game:

Actual pattern:

So it's working, but sometimes need a little trickery in which order you draw the different rail tracks to get the proper results.

Reskin looks pretty good, Stephen! I can't wait to have it! :)

Keep up the good work!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Offline belfastsocrates

« Reply #1624 on: June 14, 2020, 07:40:21 AM »
Apologies for posing a question which is slightly off the current topic. I've only transitioned to RRW for my new city tile and there's a quite noticeable lag when laying the track or placing roads/streets close to the RRW tracks.

Is this normal? I'm using the RRW reskin as well.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Offline Tyberius06

« Reply #1625 on: June 14, 2020, 01:18:59 PM »
Apologies for posing a question which is slightly off the current topic. I've only transitioned to RRW for my new city tile and there's a quite noticeable lag when laying the track or placing roads/streets close to the RRW tracks.

How do you mean this: "when laying the track or placing roads/streets close to the RRW tracks."? (image?)

It's definitelly not normal, but I haven't experienced anything like this.

- Tyberius

Offline art128

• ~\.Failed Haibane./~
  • Administrator
  • Forums Legend
  • CL: Chocolarte
« Reply #1626 on: June 15, 2020, 12:35:14 AM »
In the past I've had this issue when laying down transit. Turns out If I play LHD (which I assume you do) and you lay transit that are missing LHD paths files the game will indeed lag a lot. Make sure you've got the LHD paths files in your NAM folders.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Looking for a specific props or texture? Check out the Props & Textures Catalog: Props [link] - Textures [link]

Do you want to turn off all shadows in the game? Check out GMT's trick! [link]

Offline eggman121

• NAM Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL:
    Mr. Smth
« Reply #1627 on: June 15, 2020, 02:20:47 AM »

Paths are probably the issue here if you are using LHD.

If you have the drawpaths cheat could you please show me which pieces are affected?

This would be handy to get the LHD situation sorted out before the proper release.

-eggman121

Offline belfastsocrates

« Reply #1628 on: June 15, 2020, 02:20:36 PM »
Thanks for the advice. Seems there are no paths on the dragged elements of the RRW. Did I install NAM incorrectly?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Offline eggman121

• NAM Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL:
    Mr. Smth
« Reply #1629 on: June 15, 2020, 03:05:28 PM »
Thanks for the advice. Seems there are no paths on the dragged elements of the RRW. Did I install NAM incorrectly?

Hi @belfastsocrates.

I would check it you still have the Z_NAM folder still in your Plugins? If so, Please back it up.

The straights should definitely have paths.

The installer structure has changed so this is all that should be in the "Network Addon Mod" Folder

If in doubt, Just remove the whole Network Addon Mod and Z_NAM folders (Back them up somewhere safe!) and Reinstall Make sure LHD is checked.

-eggman121

Offline belfastsocrates

« Reply #1630 on: June 15, 2020, 04:49:25 PM »
Yeah I have the Z_Nam folder. I値l backup and delete it and then load to see. I値l check my NAM structure as well once I知 back at the laptop.

Offline eggman121

• NAM Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL:
    Mr. Smth
« Reply #1631 on: June 15, 2020, 08:35:26 PM »
Yeah I have the Z_Nam folder. I値l backup and delete it and then load to see. I値l check my NAM structure as well once I知 back at the laptop.

I should have probably asked... Are you using NAM 36 or NAM 37?

If NAM 36 than you should backup the Network Addon Mod folder and Z_NAM Folder and fresh install.

If you have tried NAM 37, You will need to remove previous version of the NAM in your folder.

The fact that the Ortho and Diag pieces are different in terms of colour points to the Paths and/or exemplars not being in place.

I did a ton of work on LHD paths for NAM 37 and have been kinda hoping for an LHD user to use NAM 37 so if pieces break in LHD I can fix them for the proper release.

As for the Reskin... I have updated it to NAM 37 standards along with some help.

I probably need to make some documentation for the new pieces.

-eggman121

Offline belfastsocrates

« Reply #1632 on: June 16, 2020, 11:11:13 AM »

I should have probably asked... Are you using NAM 36 or NAM 37?

-eggman121

36 at the minute. I can download the 37 release though and give it a go if you want to have a look at anything relating to RRW and LHD? Just let me know.

I can load a new city tile and use that to play with rail options, just let me know.

Offline eggman121

• NAM Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL:
    Mr. Smth
« Reply #1633 on: June 16, 2020, 02:35:50 PM »
36 at the minute. I can download the 37 release though and give it a go if you want to have a look at anything relating to RRW and LHD? Just let me know.

I can load a new city tile and use that to play with rail options, just let me know.

If you can use NAM 37 and help me fix up some of the missing areas in LHD that would be greatly appreciated :)

I have fixed a bit of the LHD issues however I feel there is still more. NAM 37 proper release should not be too far off. We just want to get the settings right for the full release.

-eggman121