Menu

LEX File Exchange EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia Network Addon Mod
Dependencies Chat

Author Topic: NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support  (Read 1138911 times)

Offline jeffryfisher

• Uncle Jeff
  • Forums Citizen
  • The most local level of gov't is one citizen
    • Liberating Digital Content
Re: NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support
« Reply #3560 on: March 18, 2019, 10:03:34 AM »
The easiest way to locate a conflicting RUL0 file would be to load up ilive's Reader, open the NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat file in Plugins\Network Addon Mod (actually, any file will work), go to Tools > Plugins Analyzer on the menu, find "NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat" on the list, and look at the results in the right pane of the window.  If the RUL file with the IID 0x10000000 (this is the RUL0 file) shows up in some shade of blue/teal/cyan, this indicates there is a conflict somewhere, and it will list all places where RUL file 0x10000000 exists in your Plugins folder.  You can then easily find and remove the conflict.
That's a nifty tool. Which version of iLives are you describing?
Modding PC games since 1993 (back when we needed hex-editors)

Offline roadgeek

• Forums Mayor
« Reply #3561 on: November 08, 2019, 09:34:03 AM »
Here's the other two designs:

As of right now, those are the only way these are set up . . . they're FLEX-based pre-fab interchanges . . . but eventually, there will be some additional override code added to the ramp turn lanes to allow their use elsewhere.

They had been planned for NAM 37 originally, but there's been some really weird quirks in my testing that I haven't gotten to the bottom of as of yet, so right now, they're off the list, as much as I'd like them to be on there.

-Alex

-Alex

I'll tell you what would really make me drool all over my keyboard. I like this with the two left turn lanes under RHW, and I like what I see going on at REW. I am thinking that if I had an OWR-5 entering the intersections and OWR-3 exiting those intersections, that would blow my ever lovin' mind!

Offline roadgeek

• Forums Mayor
« Reply #3562 on: November 08, 2019, 09:35:23 AM »
You won't be losing actual capacity by using MIS here.  The MIS and RHW-4 have the same per-tile capacity (the MIS listing is for a single-tile width, whereas the RHW-4 is for a dual-tile width).

Hmm... Maybe this setup needs some unique FTLs...

The proposed QuickChange Xpress (QCX) setup I showed awhile back features exactly that.

-Alex

Oops! Wrong image!

Offline dyoungyn

• Forums Governor
« Reply #3563 on: November 08, 2019, 04:39:26 PM »
Sitting her giggling with excitement to totally overall impressed to see the leaps and bound the entire NAM team are able to accomplish.