• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Barby plays Shosaloza

Started by BarbyW, December 19, 2006, 03:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colyn

Hmmm ... I see two things that I have to get ... I love it to see how others play on teh same land ... it also is great to see how our plugins corresponds on some and varies on other items.

Good stuff.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

sebes

Marvelous Barby. I am glad I quickly peeked here before going to bed... Looking forward to the "more later" !  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Yoder7652

I don't think I'd call this a pathetic attempt...I'm loving it Godess. Really like the waterfall area with Colyn's dam.

BarbyW

My region has grown to nearly 80 000 population but still has a long way to go.
A few pictures from Alpes du Sud which sits at A3. This is a very mountainous city and I had to make some decisions about what and how. It has a population of about 5 000 and is mainly an agricultural area at the moments.

An overview

A small timber farm sitting below one of the main roads.

CSX Wine Cellar - Baksberg built into a deep cutting in the rock to keep the wine cool.

Why I dislike mountains &hlp

As you can see the development here, which is in the northern section, does not work on a slope and there were many complaints about access. The mayor and regional council took the decision to allow some land flattening providing any trees cut down were replaced with new ones.

The newly terraced CBD.

More later.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Colyn

Good ... the small timberfarm is actually a Nature Conservatory ;) ... I have no problem with terraces as you used it in your CBD ... the Comm lots are mostly Slope Unfriendly and for good reason :)

With the snow mod I am using this city is useless for development.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

bat

jacqulina

hey girl your doing well,i love the farms,everything is looking great beautifull pics and work

sebes

Hi Barby - that is magnificient. It's realy cool how you have these 2 alleys in last picture (at the right) starting at same height, but one going up and one going down...  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

mattb325

Looking fantastic (definitely not pathetic) - the commercial area looks just right for a tricky mountain slope  &apls

TheTeaCat

Superb compromise to allow construction.  :thumbsup: &apls

If this is pathetic then somebody please help me. ::)

I don't make coffee very often but 1 Latte coming up!

Well Done my Dear

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Alfred.Jones

Very nice work Barbyw :thumbsup: It looks great in the overview

Sim City 4 Devotion

BarbyW

A new city - Les Landes - which lies at D2. This former river silted up and left a flat area for development beneath the high mountains.

An overview of the city which now has 33K inhabitants. It is a mixed economy with farms and tourism in the area farthest from the coast, commercial and residential growth nearer the sea and industrial down by the port.

Dalene set up home at the base of the eastern mountains close to the trails that lead up the mountain.

Close by Jacky's Kabin opened to serve food, drink and conviviality to the visitors. Her place is so popular that she opened guest accommodation to cater for those who need an overnight stay. The Kabin is surrounded by hot springs - very popular for the morning after a serious banana throwing evening. :D

Also at this end of the valley is the old Summerton Mill renovated by callagrafx and Scottie's Kabin - a place for secluded pleasure.

Les Landes is such a popular spot that even the rich move into the farming area.

In the summer cricket matches are played opposite The Foxhunters' Arms.

But in the winter the hunt comes out to play:

One of the most popular spots in Les Landes is the Codberry Sisters' Chocolate Factory.

Eventually the city attracted the attention of Sir Gulpington Liversmasher who was allowed to carve out some land for his mansion on condition he replaced any trees.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

jeronij

I like the amount of details you show us. The hunter one, my favourite. The last mansion on the top of the hill looks also very nice and the place is perfectly choosen  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Citynut

Wow Barby makes me wish I was there at the Kabin chillin by the stream and gazin at the Sommerton MIll - great job on the mansion  &apls
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

sam

Great update Barby. I like the first picture with the trees among the snow. It looks very natural the way the trees follow the ridges.

I also like the old town feel with the fox hunters, the cricket pitch and the kabin.

Very nice!  :thumbsup:

daeley

yes... has a very "natural" feel to it all :) I like how you blended the slightly higher density in...
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Alfred.Jones

Awesome work Barbyw :thumbsup: Very nice ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

sebes

Fantastic Barby - great pictures to look at, and wishing being there. Choclats for you! :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Alek King of SC4

nice job so far, which tree controller are u using?  I am using the italia now with nice results, thought it looked similar.  Anyways you have done a nice job of using custom content to create a very European looking city, sans PussyCleaners of course  &dance

AK