• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciuu96

Really great work on those signs! Only things that usually change between different european countries signs are colors, so we basically need only one set, unless of course people get demanding and want signs that are exactly like those in their countries. :)
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Une_ame

The yellows backgrounded signs are temporary signs used during roadworks. The yellow color is also used for the lign on the road itself during roadworks instead of white ligns.

It's pretty common in France.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

WC_EEND

Quote from: io_bg on December 05, 2010, 02:01:50 PM
Great work with those signs! I'd like to point that in some countries (including Bulgaria) all triangle signs have white background, and some of yours have a yellow one ;) This isn't a big problem though...
As far as I can recall, the triangle hazard signs with the yellow background are used in the case of roadworks (correct me if I'm wrong here)

And to Girafe I'd like to say: Great work, I can't wait to use these in my cities. These will add another layer of realism
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Badsim

Hi Jean-Paul .... Euh ... Jean-Pierre ... Euh ... Jean-Marie ... Euh ... Antoine ! ( My payback for « Guinea fowl »   :P  )

Of course have seen your latest works about roadsigns ( and trees ) , how can you think  I could miss that !?!  $%Grinno$%

Quote from AntigOne :

Quote from: Girafe on December 12, 2010, 04:51:55 AM
Hehe my another guinea fowl
I always posted about the landscapes and I though about you with the french road signs, I made few props more about village's entry/exit signs and few others that you maybe recognize.

I admit that I am a little bit fed up with this pack 130 props is really long to do but I have to do it and I am sure you will use it (my cars look good finally).

I made a mistake in my pack, I made 129 signs and have the slot 102 free, I let you choise this last sign prop  ;D let me know what you want  :thumbsup: 

Not only I want all these babies , but I intended to request you a 45° version of them all as well ... sorry to be so hard to please , we're always more demanding with the most talented people . ;D

About slot 102 , I would suggest you "Point de Vue" or "Belvedère" , could be useful for mountaneous landscapes ...

That said , you don't need to hurry ...  :thumbsup:

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Girafe

:P

At first slot 102 is always free, panel you wanted is already made check the 6th on the right  ;D in fact I made all "official" french road signs (few are not well looking so I didn't export them), I though to do a radar but if someone has an idea about a sign feel free to ask  :)

Finally I finished the Serbian Spruces:

Summer version,

Winter version,

Seasonal version will be too,  thanks to Lowkee  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

MandelSoft

If you still have slots free, why not add some extra speed limit signs? I know, you won't see any 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 or 120 km/h signs in France, but in the rest of Europe they are more common. In fact, in the Netherlands we commonly use 30, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 100 km/h speed limits. So hereby I request for more speedlimit signs. Oh, and also "End of speed limit" signs, like this:

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Nardo69

Oh boy!  &hlp

Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees! Trees!

;D

Did I ever said that I love your trees?  :thumbsup:

Take care mon ami!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Une_ame

&hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp

Let me tell you that Bernhard enthusiasm cross the border, I've been contaminate and I can't stop jumping about the trees, oh my god.... &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp

Well to be honest I also like the road signs and the rocks and the catenaries and the trains and the bravo tu as fais un bel effort pour grossir ce texte !
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

dedgren

Those are gorgeous signs.  Don't even get me started about the trees.

Amazing things here.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

serebii666

"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Yan077

Wow  :o
Your trees are unbelievably realistic !!  &apls &apls &apls
like all the rest on your incredibly cavern of bats and modds....   ::)

Badsim

Quote from: Girafe on December 13, 2010, 11:50:04 AM

At first slot 102 is always free, panel you wanted is already made check the 6th on the right  ;D in fact I made all "official" french road signs (few are not well looking so I didn't export them), I though to do a radar but if someone has an idea about a sign feel free to ask  :)

It looks like ... I need glasses !!!  :D

Speed Limit End is a good idea . Or that one with a big size to be perfectly visible  ()what() :

I think Air6 has already made a radar , not sure it is available in one of his props packs though ...  $%#Ninj2

Can't wait for this second stunning pines pack !  :o

Many thanks Antoine . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

DCMetro2834

Closing the gap between SC4 and the real world- I love it! 

My hats off to you...keep it up!  :thumbsup:

DC

ecoba

Wonderful both trees and road signs, Antoine ! Very lovely !  :thumbsup:

Ethan

Girafe

2011 here is Paris begins  ()lurker() and the 1011th comment begins too ::)

Long time I didn't give you news  &sly

Hope you get a great christmas  :)

Ecoba: thank you my friend

DCMetro2834: thanks

My 2nd guinea fowl: thanks, I will do maybe this sign in another pack  ::)

Yann: thanks you so much, the cavern begins to be an Ali Baba Cavern  :P

serebii666: thanks

dedgren: thank you David, maybe you didn't notice it but it seems that you play a big role about my flora items  ;)

Une_ame: hehe, thanks for your enthusiasm and sharing all french items in your topic, we miss you, you are quiet nowadays

Nardo69: thanks, you are I think the first person who trust my first pines even if their quality was not exceptional, hope the new ones will get all your attention in your MD  :)

mrtnrln: thanks your the suggestion, I choiced this one  :thumbsup:

Concerning the packs, the Girafe learned how to do readme and .exe with BSC references, thanks to Barbyw and Carl for their help.

French Road Signs is close to be released.

The 2 pines' packs will follow, even if we are speaking at the BSC how to deal with a file "flora tuning parameters"

After these maples pack and birches pack will follow. I didn't advance on new flora packs. It's long and I wanted to do other things.
But finally there will surely be Oaks, Poplars, larches...

As said I go to other horizons or came back to the sources, I like architecture and someone especially D. Libeskind. He made a project for Paris which I really love however he was not successful with his design.

Signal tower, Daniel Libeskind - Paris in cooperation with Ellyps Group

Batting is almost done on the tower, I need to do the roofs and finalize the plaza. However I really have some difficulties with materials.
Indeed all work I have done before didn't requiere some materials knowledge concerning glass effects.
So I began to learn and thanks to Cockatoo who gave me some ways.

I will explain my material in order to have your recommandations and help.

I work with 3dsmax 2010, BAT4MAX 5.

Scene maps:
- sky option from Simfox
- I put a ground plane that I have hidden to the camera, it's a plan of 1,5 km by 1,5km with a simple material that I took on google earth where the tower would be and I dessaturate and decrease levels of this map to have someting brighter and whiter.

Glass material:

- as I really didn't know how to begin, I get a simple glass material from an available librairy in the web and started to play with different options.

Cladding expected is something like this (this one is for the 1 WTC in NY but the builings are quite similar and claddings too)

The others material are more simple like aluminium and marble

I need to check how I can do less complex flora, my old system is too heavy for the scene, to complex, system of particles described by Simfox looks promising, but I need time to test it.

As said before there is lot of things to do and to think, comments are welcome, don't forget that this tower will be not built, only few renders are availbale on the web, so the job is more complex  ()stsfd()

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Delecto

Nothing more to say...  &apls  &apls  &apls

Happy new year Girafe!

DEL!

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

CarmineHilton

*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH* :o :o

Can't wait for this! xp

MandelSoft

Wow! But how- Why- What-

*Can hardly speak due to the awesomeness of the model...

Stunning! The complexity of the model and the details are excellent! I'll sure download this when it's published somewhere  ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Badsim

Wouf !  :o

What a surprise ... speak about a « Grand écart »  from trees to skycrapers ! ;D  It reminds me Simfox's work ...

I'm not particularly  fan of skycrapers ( if you didn't notice it ) but I'm zoning out ( Rester scotché ? ) in front of your model ... I've seen several interesting projects for La Défense ( I dislike truly a few of them nevertheless ) and , once more , I think that Paris , mainly due to its most huge urban perspective of the world is offering one of the most striking and harmonious skyline for us , little ants on the ground .

Along  with your trees projects , 2011 looks as if it's going to be more exciting than expected .  :thumbsup:

Happy new year , Antoine , I hope for you ( and so for us ) that many of your desires will become SC4 realities .

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric .