• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

... now thats a return ! Great work.
~ NAM Team Member

Akallan

Wow, I love your work on small objects such as haystacks, big but small details are also very important in SC4. So, I've been wondering for a moment, are you going to make a mod available about the work you've done on resized automata? Because they are very beautiful and more realistic, better than the automats offered in the basic game by Maxis. I would find it great to have vehicles and trains in my city with nicer textures! In any case, it's a great job! :popcorn:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Krasner

Welcome back... And that's wonderful as usual. You made some massive and impressive work on creating these railway cars  &apls &apls &apls Do you plan to only make them as mixed freight, or organized by categories so it could be possible to have one train of, let's say only wooden vans ? I think that the game allows this, I remember that the maxis freight trains could appear with only wagons of the same category, but maybe I'm wrong  ()what()

Also, the re-sized CP trees used as hedges look so good - I love the bocage and that's the best attempt at creating bocage hedges I've seen so far  $%Grinno$%
ANARCHIST !!

Girafe

Glad to see you around old owl  :P

The train reskins looks great, same goes for the recoloring of my hay bales

Sweet rural scene as usual  &apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

eggman121

These are some really cool Wagons :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I can't wait to have a test of them once the time comes ;D

Keep up the good work.

-eggman121

fantozzi

Brilliant, those graffiti, those texture details, really brilliant. This will add much realism. Thank you.

PaPa-J

The rail cars are suburb, as fantozzi said the graffiti textures are brilliant.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Badsim

Glad you like them . ;D

Despite the lack of shadows , how could we get bored with the quality of props extracted from automata ? $%Grinno$%

Having found that excellent picture on the Web , I decided to rework the top of the hoopers ...

... and , as their new sizes allow to see more details , I've also added an emptying sluice gate system .

New hoopers ;

All previously shown ones have been upgraded to that standard ...

Others new cars ;

Low cars ( from Rivit's 1950 German Train ) ;

And some MAXIS revamped ;

So we have now a strong collection of brand new 212 freight train cars ... I could make tens of variations of these ones  , more or less dirty , rusty , with graffitis ... but the amount of put aside tasks of MODing forces me to stop there ; ideally I should now define my own range (for example BAD##### ) and re-address all my revamped automata ; more than 800 automata so far , with 3 files for each one ( S3D , FSH , Exemplar ) , so something like 2500 files to re-address ... let's say that's not for tomorrow .  :bomb:

Others random pictures ,

... and a few things not shown yet ; taking an idea from Girafe , I experimented the replacement of the TrackChekker by a french regional passenger train X-Ter that I've upgraded ( original Model from Orange_o_ )

... interesting , if we except the erratic behaviour of the orginal TrackChekker  $%Grinno$% and , so far , I've found which MODing could master it .  %wrd

On that one you can spot a car with a trailer automata ,

As far as I know , Sap23 has been so far the only one trying to upgrade the new inhabitant vehicle (defined as Moving Vans ) , I've replaced his car by several JIM's ones and then reworked the trailer , with now 3 versions ;

These vehicles appear when a new residence is built , I've added a second examplar where they're MODed as classical vehicle , so they can now also appear anywhere , at any time ...

On that other one , you can spot a motor home automata ... as I've been successful to transform 3 airport shuttle models from mikeseith ;

Matt , Kitsune , Akallan , Krasner , Antoine , Stephen , fantozzi , Papa-J , thanks for your constant support ,  :thumbsup:

@ Krasner  ; there's no OccupantGroup property for train cars ( nor passenger , nor freight cars ) , original MAXIS freight train having about twenty cars only , what you remember is surely simply due to repetitions  ;) ... that said , the solution is to create separate .dat files ( Tankers.dat , Hoopers.dat , Boxcars.dat , Flatbedcars.dat , Containers.dat ... ) so you can move these files in/out your Plugins depending your needs . That's how I'll proceed . ()stsfd()

... In the meanwhile , reading that the scale issue is still debated (see alejogc13's BATs thread ) , and considering some other inconveniences like parking textures and all  vehicles props made so far not matching any more  , I still doubt that the community is ready to switch to that new standard ... at least can it be released concomitantly to alejogc13's cars props pack / MMPs only . I wonder if it would not provocate a true schism in the communiy  ()what()  ... on another side , I can't bear either the idea to have spent several hundreds of hours for nothing or just for me .  :(

I'll devote the next days to upload a clean version of my Automata folder ( for road and rail the set is complete and weights 146 Mo) to my Dropbox , then I'll send a link to the following people ; Girafe , Akallan , Krasner , eggman121 , mattb325 , mgb204, art128 and alejogc13, the future of that project will then depends of their opinions .  ;D

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Barroco Hispano

I love your automatas!  :thumbsup:

They make me feel that I am not alone in the matter of scale.  &apls

1. Cars: I plan to make almost all cars from 1930 to 2021 but I will prioritize those from 1980 to 2021 (I currently have over 850 cars finished). Each car will have 5 colors and 4 angles per color (I will export thousands of them so nobody should worry if they don't fit with the other cars).

2. Sims: I plan to use the 133% scale in the sims (again, I will export hundreds of them so nobody should worry if they don't fit with the other sims).

3. I'm going to make new parking textures, new explosion textures, new waves textures and a water mod but all this will be the last thing I do.

By the way, I want to take a look at your terrain mod to see how it looks with my water mod.  :D

Barroco Hispano

Unconstantean

this, this is OUTSTANDING  &apls

Tyberius06

It's so beautiful! It's an amazing project of yours!
Before I finsihed reading your post, I was thinking, will you ever release these automatas (and if NOT, can I ask a copy of it for personal use), but you more or less answered this question.. Maybe I missunderstand something, but is your automata mod replacing the original maxis automata (and expanding that)? Anyhow I would go for it! I'm using mostly Girafe cars, and plan to use Pclark06 cars too, and when Alejogc13 will release his props, I definitely will use those ones too. And these are mostly using the same measurements.

Thanks for this project!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

AsimPika3172

Best automatas ever!!!  :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls &apls
Keep moving forward and take care!  :thumbsup: :bnn:
I loves Sim City forever!

Krasner

Thanks for clarifying how the game displays train cars, I had no idea and indeed was wrong, I could have guessed actually $%Grinno$% Your solution to my question seems just fine :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new additions so far &apls &apls &apls I remember maxis vehicles including a few ones but I can't remember of any custom-made campervan automata.
ANARCHIST !!

Une_ame

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

PaPa-J

You have done a wonderful job on these!  Can't wait for the release.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Terring7

I'll definitely use your automata, no matter the scale ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Akallan

Yes, it's like me with the SNT ... At first I created it with the mission to have a few tens (or even hundreds) of textures and then use them in my MD Phoenix Project. Then, seeing that these textures could be useful, I decided to continue to create (today I almost made 5'000), and I released on the exchange the SNT which can be used only in the Lot Editor ... But I not going to hide face, it's not very useful. Today I plan to create a version of the SNT that will replace the draggable networks of SimCity 4, but it is only a hyphotetic idea.

But the same as for you, I end up with textures that currently are useless, and I do not want to abandon the project but at the same time the work is still so big to publish a mod I'm sure of nothing.

In any case, I encourage you to continue your work, because it is grandiose and probably very useful! :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

evarburg

Splendid converted automata ! Can we hope to see them at a LEX near us at some point ?

BTW I did extract mikeseith shuttle automata to make them into diagonal ones (4 angles) for my Modular Airport on the STEX https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/33193-tl-scf-heretic-modular-regional-airport/ (they go with the upload as I haven't uploaded them separately), but I didn't touch their look --that's way beyond my abilities. If you did, could I please be kept in the loop when/if you upload them ? I would be happy to change mine for yours !

Badsim

Many thanks. :thumbsup:

The complete Automata set is in my Dropbox and I'm ready to send the link to people I've named previously ... but currently I can't use the message system ( problem reported to the SC4Devotion staff ) . ::)

Two days ago , I've found a file from Swamper77 on the LEX , adding a logging railcar to freight trains so I've upgraded them ( empty and loaded versions ) to the new standard . The original FSH having a single log being repeated , trying to upgrade it with a custom skin was really disappointing , so , finally , I've transformed the log to a concrete pipe with which the repetition effect is a lot more discreet ... :P

I'v never used the GLR network so far , notably due to its non attractive automata ...but , at the same time I'm dreaming since many years to see in SC4 my favorite one in RL , the one from Montpellier ( mediterranean french city ) ; all blue with white swifts ;

Well , that's done !  ;D

@Akallan , yes I know you did a tremendous amount of work with your textures , they're really appealing and I intended  to give  them a place in this MD , but automata is my priority since 2 years and I have to confess that the idea to have to browse 5000 textures under LotEditor sounds  rather off-putting ... a Mod would be great indeed , but it requests a strong dose of pure madness to get involved in that kind of project .  $%Grinno$%

@Antoine , let me know if you've received ( or not ) the links via your private email .  ;)

@evarburg ; Well , in fact that's your PM during last summer that leaded me to mikeseith's airport shuttles automata ( so , thank you!  ;D )... sorry for having not replied to your request , it was the most unproper period of the year to PM me  $%Grinno$% ; I have no time to devote to SC4 during summer . But at the same time I saw that you posted your request to Simtropolis and were perfectely advised by rsc204/mgb204 ... about your current request , you don't have to worry , firstly because I'll change the models TGIs , secondly because all those wanting to get that new standard will have to remove all their previous custom automata ... and thirdly because your extracted props have normally thier own S3D files with their TGIs .  ;)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

emanuelfranco0390

Everything is beautiful. You woke up my interest in the game again since I saw your projects here. I remember that I was making a totall automata re-skin pack for Hong Kong and Monterrey, Mexico. But my  :angrymore: HDD died, and yes, I never make a backup  ??? &ops :D. But the only thing that maters, is that  I learned a lot about modding, and right now, i'm in the middle of my re-skin.

Congrats for such a beautiful work. Regards