• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I am a bit annoyed about this . . .

Started by Pythias900KMB, August 10, 2018, 10:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pythias900KMB

Many salutations, NAM Team!!!  The upgrade of the highway system in my city is proceeding along in spite of a rather frustrating RL -- the current obstacle of which is an overnight thunderstorm that has forced me to shut down and unplug my desktop.

The feature presentation has to do with the RRW viaducts that maintain the necessary grade separation between metal tire and rubber tire traffic.  Most of the time, the 15-meter abutment behaves beautifully when I want to build a rail viaduct over the RHW; still, (points at the attached screen capture).  The good news is that I can easily fix this with a few well placed clicks with the Road icon; still, I would really rather not have to do that in the first place.  Is there any reason why this happens?

Pythias900KMB

Many salutations again, everybody.  I was trying to place an RHW 6S curve and well . . . you can see for yourselves what happened in the attached screen captures.  Why is this happening!?!  I executed a previous iteration of this and it went without incident.  I really need to resolve this or I cannot finish revising the highway . . .

Wiimeiser

IIRC the smooth RHW-6 curves were accidentally left out of the controller file for some reason, no idea how it happened... Here's hoping the next release is right around the corner...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

The 6S curve was reported back on September 14th of last year.  The curve wasn't left out of the controller, but rather, there were some changes with the MRC RULs shortly before NAM 36's release that ended up preventing it from being built.  I issued a patch with instructions that same day, though being a RUL issue, patching it isn't necessarily for the faint of heart (involves manually replacing one of the Controller Compiler's source files, and then running the compiler).

We put that patch out there (the first time we've issued a RUL fix that way) in part because we knew NAM 37 was going to have an "adventuresome" release cycle, based on the types of things we were developing, and anticipating swings of RL.  It has indeed been an adventure.

I don't really have an answer for the RRW viaduct/RHW question at this point, and would have to investigate it, or defer to a teammate who is more up on that side of the mod.

-Alex

Pythias900KMB

Quote from: Tarkus on August 15, 2018, 06:41:26 AM
The 6S curve was reported back on September 14th of last year.  The curve wasn't left out of the controller, but rather, there were some changes with the MRC RULs shortly before NAM 36's release that ended up preventing it from being built.  I issued a patch with instructions that same day, though being a RUL issue, patching it isn't necessarily for the faint of heart (involves manually replacing one of the Controller Compiler's source files, and then running the compiler).

We put that patch out there (the first time we've issued a RUL fix that way) in part because we knew NAM 37 was going to have an "adventuresome" release cycle, based on the types of things we were developing, and anticipating swings of RL.  It has indeed been an adventure.

I don't really have an answer for the RRW viaduct/RHW question at this point, and would have to investigate it, or defer to a teammate who is more up on that side of the mod.

-Alex

Please do that, Tarkus.  It would mean a lot to me!