• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Started by Masochist, November 18, 2006, 10:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highrise99

Quote from: City Builder on July 16, 2010, 07:07:08 PM
That sounds like you've got your system setup to open up the autorun files upon browsing your cd/dvd drives.  Try accessing it through the windows explorer instead or change that setting so that it doesn't automatically start the auto run program/file when you access the drive (unless of course you like it to do that, personally I'd rather the computer ask me each time that I insert a disk what I want to do with it).

"My computer" is essentially windows explorer and when the wizard appears it asks me if I would like to repair or uninstall.

null45

Right clicking on the Cd drive in My Computer and selecting Explore should work.  :thumbsup:

Ricky112233

I have to say that FSX is amazing, However , I need a new joystick cause mine is like 5-7 yrs. old...
I used to have Vista then, when I downloaded the add-ons I got trouble. Now I have XP and it does run better on my PC if you have XP... BUT, I have deleted SC4 because it's just awfull   :(
Thus, I suggest either running FSX or SC4 because if you have FSX and SC4 that just creates trouble.
More on FSX later...

-Ricky
Yes, I love aviation
Yes, I'm interested in the former CIS
Yes, I'm half Dutch-half American
Yes, I'm learning Russian
15--

Highrise99

Quote from: null45 on July 16, 2010, 08:30:49 PM
Right clicking on the Cd drive in My Computer and selecting Explore should work.  :thumbsup:
Thank you!
However, I've been looking through the folders and I can't seem to find a gmax gampack.  I did notice, however, that a gmax installer was included.  Are pure gmax models used?

sc-4

I  up to post links to my more recent FSX videos

A2A Cub @ Grand Coulee Dam WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYrlMLMFwq8

AF B747-400 Take Off from TNCM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr5khSGf3EA

Pan AM DC-10-30 Take Off KLAX ( blocked in germany sorry )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTlAHMMRQCg

Like , Comment &  Subscribe please .

Call me Ludo

WC_EEND

Great vids, I really like the 747 takeoff from SXM.

I'll post some of my own screenshots later today
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

frdrcklim

300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

sc-4

Textures are made by me with FSEarth Tiles & Googe Earth , the airplane isn't a freeware ( but google can find ) it's Lotus L39 .

Call me Ludo

sc-4

Call me Ludo

RickD

Your videos made me reinstall Flight Simulator.  ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

KoV Liberty

Lets try to get this thread going again, I'm an avid flight sim fan and am currently on an around the world journey myself. :)

Red = Done.
Blue = Not Done.
Yellow = Stops.

And a couple random pics of some FSX. Here's one (I was just doing IDK what), but anyways, after buzzing the Hoover dam with this thing, I landed back at Vegas and decided to line up for another takeoff, but this line stood in my way...

And a great pic of a great jet.

Hopefully we can get this thread more active. I love seeing threads like this.

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

sc-4

Alex , your pictures make me hungry of Flight Sim X ;D  :thumbsup:

Call me Ludo

Exla357

I wish my computer was good enough to run graphics that high!!!!!!!

What's the best place to get downloads for FSX (FREE0?)

sc-4

Bestplace ?

I've got three good places , Flightsim.com , Avsim Library & Simviation .

Edit :

Two sets of pictures :

http://cid-5d6c161b60813adc.office.live.com/play.aspx/FSX/Lausanne%20-%20Switzerland%20-%20Piper%20PA%2018%20Super%20Cub?ref=1

http://cid-5d6c161b60813adc.office.live.com/play.aspx/FSX/CS%20727@Reno%5EJ%20NV?ref=1

And a last one :

Sorry for he size I dodn't resize it before upload at imageshack.

Call me Ludo

sim_vern

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on June 17, 2009, 10:51:42 PM

By the way... I got something for you, that I would mark as a "must have": Search on flightsim.com for  uss_nimitz_ike.zip <-- this is an carrier package for FSX SP2 / Deluxe / Acceleration. It is a very huge package (around 116mb) but it includes some nice models and variations of the Nimitz and Eisenhower (for example: Empty, crowded, land only, takoff only, "visiting", normal and many other configurations) It also has many other features like callouts on the deck via loudspeakers, working elevators, a car driving around on deck, different static plane models, people on deck, hard deck hangars (means you can drive in) and many more... and remember this is FREEWARE :thumbsup:

here you can see some pictures and features oft the beast: http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1245173254/11 (you can also download it at simviation.. it's in the category "FSX Misc"). The rest is clearly instructed by the included readme file (you also should download Dino Catanneo's T-45 Goshawk [simply the perfect plane to train landings on those carriers] and AiCarriers2 [you can place moving ai carriers where ever you want to with this small plugin])

Thanks for this info Delta ²k5.  Is Acceleration required for the Nimitz pack? Can you recommend any F/A-18s that are freeware and that would work without Acceleration? 

Good thread folks!!! Lets keep those pictures coming.

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: sim_vern on June 16, 2011, 09:26:32 AM
Thanks for this info Delta ²k5.  Is Acceleration required for the Nimitz pack? Can you recommend any F/A-18s that are freeware and that would work without Acceleration? 
Acceleration isn't required for the Nimitz pack I think. Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2 should also do the job as it provides the same functions as Acceleration but without the planes and missions. For the F-18 I don't know a good FSX native one. I know that there is a good F-14 made by Dino Catanneo like the T-45. Sadly the other very good F-18 (F-18E) is made by a payware group. It's called "VRS F-18E Superbug". Other F-18's are made for FS9... there are some good ones made by jamanese people. You could download them here: http://www.flightinfo.jp/FS_KBT/dai.htm  :thumbsup: I see, that they also made am update for FSX :-\

sc-4

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on June 19, 2011, 01:17:11 PM
It's called "VRS F-18E Superbug". Other F-18's are made for FS9... there are some good ones made by jamanese people. You could download them here: http://www.flightinfo.jp/FS_KBT/dai.htm  :thumbsup: I see, that they also made am update for FSX :-\

The superbug need a very powerful computer, and if I remember i've seen an fsx patch for FSKBT F-18 on simviation i think....

Call me Ludo

Exla357

If you want good FSX performance you're probably going to want to build your own PC. I did some research and found that if you put in a little effort you can run FSX at better than average performance for around $700 US:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Intel Core i5-650 CPU @ 4.4 ghz (stock 3.2)
Biostar TH55XE H55 motherboard
4 GB 1333 DDR3 Ram
1 GB Nvidia GT240 graphics
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM HD
Coolmax 500w Modular power supply
Coolermaster Elite 360 HTPC case
COolIT ALC ECO water cooler

Here's an alternative, not sure about the price though:
(If anyone is familiar with Youtube user Cessna154, this is his computer)

Windows 7 home premium 64-bit
ASUS P6X58D - E LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i7 - 930 2.8GHz
Corsair XMS3 6GB DDR3 1600 RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5
Corsair 850W Power Supply
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 7200 RPM (2 seperate drives)
Kingston SSD 64GB
HAF 922 Case

And for those obsessed with alienware, these specs will get you something like this:

CPU:(8-Thread)Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 3.80 GHz Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe Intel X58 Chipset RAM: G.Skill DDR3 12GB 1333MHZ NQ Series Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB DDR5 PCI-Express Dual DVI-I &amp; TVO Full specs: Case: Thermaltake Spedo Full Tower Case w/ Side-panel Window Power Supply Upgrade: 1100 Watts Power Supplies (1100 Watts Power Supplies (Tagan 1100W TG1100-BZ PipeRock Series Modular Power Supply)) CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ i7 920 @ 3.81GHz 8 MB cache LGA1366 Cooling Fan: Cyberpower Advanced WaterCooling Kit (Including Radiator, Pumping, Reservoir, CPU Block, Tubing, and Coolant) Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard SAS Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA, Dual GbLAN, USB2.0, IEEE1394a, &amp;7.1Audio Memory: (Req.DDR3 MainBoard)(6x2GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Triple Channel Memory (G.SKILL NQ Series w/Heat Spreader Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB DDR5 PCI-Express Dual DVI-I &amp; TVO OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)