• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffryfisher

Quote from: Tarkus on March 17, 2019, 04:20:30 PM
The easiest way to locate a conflicting RUL0 file would be to load up ilive's Reader, open the NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat file in Plugins\Network Addon Mod (actually, any file will work), go to Tools > Plugins Analyzer on the menu, find "NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat" on the list, and look at the results in the right pane of the window.  If the RUL file with the IID 0x10000000 (this is the RUL0 file) shows up in some shade of blue/teal/cyan, this indicates there is a conflict somewhere, and it will list all places where RUL file 0x10000000 exists in your Plugins folder.  You can then easily find and remove the conflict.
That's a nifty tool. Which version of iLives are you describing?
Modding PC games since 1993 (back when we needed hex-editors)

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on September 27, 2018, 04:03:53 PM
Here's the other two designs:

As of right now, those are the only way these are set up . . . they're FLEX-based pre-fab interchanges . . . but eventually, there will be some additional override code added to the ramp turn lanes to allow their use elsewhere.

They had been planned for NAM 37 originally, but there's been some really weird quirks in my testing that I haven't gotten to the bottom of as of yet, so right now, they're off the list, as much as I'd like them to be on there.

-Alex

-Alex

I'll tell you what would really make me drool all over my keyboard. I like this with the two left turn lanes under RHW, and I like what I see going on at REW. I am thinking that if I had an OWR-5 entering the intersections and OWR-3 exiting those intersections, that would blow my ever lovin' mind!

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on September 27, 2018, 06:40:16 AM
You won't be losing actual capacity by using MIS here.  The MIS and RHW-4 have the same per-tile capacity (the MIS listing is for a single-tile width, whereas the RHW-4 is for a dual-tile width).

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 26, 2018, 04:04:02 PM
Hmm... Maybe this setup needs some unique FTLs...

The proposed QuickChange Xpress (QCX) setup I showed awhile back features exactly that.

-Alex

Oops! Wrong image!

dyoungyn

Sitting her giggling with excitement to totally overall impressed to see the leaps and bound the entire NAM team are able to accomplish.

roadgeek

Quote from: jeffryfisher on March 18, 2019, 08:03:34 AM
That's a nifty tool. Which version of iLives are you describing?
I can follow the steps using 0.9.3, which I recently downloaded.

Wiimeiser

The AVE-4 to TLA-3 transition is missing paths. I have a screenshot if one is needed...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

mgb204

Not seeing any problem with either issue personally:

I switched to a LHD setup and indeed there is a problem with the LHD paths. They could be missing or somehow corrupted. However, no issues with the rail crossings and so far as I know, nothing was added in the RRW code, such support was part of the original RAM project. In other words, you shouldn't need RRW installed to make these crossings. I'll try to sort a patch for the pathing issue in the coming days.

mgb204

After a little digging, it appears that the IDs used for the transition are being redirected to "LHD IDs", something handled in the NAM Controller. Since such pieces should not need specific LHD paths, they don't exist and hence this is a LHD problem. For now, adding the attached file into the Network Addon Mod/Network Widening Mod folder will add a duplicate set of paths with the LHD IDs. However, the real fix is altering the controller code so these IDs don't get redirected in future.

AsimPika3172

I hope next version of NAM will fix everything and added something new. :D
I loves Sim City forever!

Girafe

Looks great Alex  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I am disturb by this red texture, couldn't it be more like the green one with mid yellow line out? unless you are allowed to cross these double lines
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on December 20, 2020, 08:42:36 AM
This one's been requested for a long time . . . here's a peek.

-Alex

Will this also work with the 3 tile networks?

Ramona Brie

Quote from: roadgeek on February 11, 2021, 07:09:46 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on December 20, 2020, 08:42:36 AM
This one's been requested for a long time . . . here's a peek.

-Alex

Will this also work with the 3 tile networks?

Yes.

roadgeek

Tarkus

It works for all 13 override networks presently included in the NWM.  The coverage of OxO (orthogonal x orthogonal) situations is identical to what the base Street network supports.

-Alex

roadgeek

I tried RHW-6S X Diag Ave-6, and it didn't look good at all....then I tried it with parallel OWR-3...not bad.

roadgeek

I rotated it to see what it looks like from the other perspective. OK, still not too bad.

b22rian

Ok thanks,

But more REW just came "hot off the press" today

Lay that feedback on us man !

Tarkus

Just a little heads up for everyone regarding NWM development . . . I've started sketching out a code revamp for the NWM, using the same structure as the Project 57-Mark IV improvements that came to the RHW last year, and also making use of the Draggable Road Viaducts expansion code I wrote for NAM 38.  The goal with this is not only to make some pretty massive improvements in terms of network stability, but also to get everything ready for the "next big thing" in NWM development: the long-awaited diagonal intersection and crossing functionality.

However, one of the major issues I've encountered in the initial groundwork is that there's some notable inconsistencies in terms of how certain intersections are rotated.  These issues are, oddly enough, most prevalent with the single-tile networks, with the ARD-3--arguably the most unstable of all the NWM networks--being the biggest offender.

Unlike the original "Project 57" plan with the RHW, I am not planning on embarking on a widescale re-IIDing of everything in the NWM, and in fact, plan to keep the IID scheme for the NWM in tact, as it (mostly) works.  This will potentially mean, however, that should I reorient the various intersections to be consistent, it would be necessary to rebuild these intersections (generally just a simple single click over/near them with the appropriate network tool) in order to bring them over to the proper (new) rotation.

To that end, I want to see if there are any significant objections to this prospect before I proceed.  Thank you all for your thoughts and continued support of the NAM and the Network Widening Mod! :thumbsup:

-Alex