• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewart_garden

Another great update Dave - I love your use of the SAM and PEG's pod lots.

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

Jmouse

Hey, Dave, the update is terrific, but that last building is the ugliest thing I ever saw! :D It's a shocking reminder that we're floating between reality and fantasy (speaking only for myself, of course :)).
Just hope you'll stay with it for a while longer. :thumbsup:

Until next time...
Joan

Ennedi

Hello Dave,

Your engineering skills are really outstanding! Did you ever checked how much tunnels you have in your city? ;D
I must say your work with roads, walls and waterfronts is excellent, I like it very much! :thumbsup:

But my favourite picture in the last update is this one with the little church. The church and the cemetery are very nice, but the most impressive for me is your work with trees - they make an excellent composition, and this little peninsula, also covered by trees, makes the composition complete. Beautiful place! &apls

I must also say the red SAM street texture looks very good with BSC Parks red alleys. I didn't try such combination yet, but it is really good!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

Quote from: tooheys on October 27, 2007, 01:17:37 AM
Replies

patfirefghtr: Thankyou my friend. You don't know the sacrifice I have made, I hate Pepsi, Coca Cola is the "Real Thing"  :)
Almost as good as Tooheys  :D

Hmmm, I don't even remember downloading this, must have been while I was in a daze downloading all the CAM lots  %confuso
Pat, I think this is where they make those implants I mentioned in Linda's Party House.  ()stsfd()

Dave on those 2 thoughts....  I do highly apperciate that you made such a hard sacrifice to accomdate me M8 and I do have to find me some tooheys it looks like it would be a good lager... Ohh this pic is just for you M8

Also about the implants yeaaaaaa you would wonder lol......  :D :D :D
Dave as a standered here you have had a most wonderful update and thank you for showing such stunning creations!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Whoa! What is the huge building??? I don't think I've ever seen that one before, or the cube next to it! It's weird how the CAM brings those things out, isn't it? That update is great, my friend! I always enjoy your highways and other infrastructure. Keep up the good work!

tooheys

Replies

Shadow Assassin: Thanks SA, I'm sure the church will recover, and the rector for the matter  :) Appreciate the comments.

stewart_garden: Hi Stewart, if it has a three letter abbreviation I've got it  :D Thanks for dropping by mate.

Jmouse:
Quote from: Jmouse on October 27, 2007, 06:20:50 PM

Just hope you'll stay with it for a while longer. :thumbsup:

You know something I don't  ???. I'm not going anywhere, though you might have to put up with smaller doses  ;D
It is an ugly building isn't it, have made it a date with the recycle bin.

Ennedi: Thanks Ennedi. Well if I start counting know and take a day or three off work, I might be able to get you a count on the number of tunnels by next week  :) I guess I do use them quite a bit compared to others, I just think they look better than the bridge options available.

That is my favourite church, I think most of my cities has one in varying surrounds, I just don't show them all, it would get a bit repetitive. I'm glad you liked.

patfirefghtr: Lol, but what a waste  :) Unless we're trying to win the war by rotting their teeth  :D
Thanks for the great comments, most appreciated.

thundercrack83: Thanks Dustin, just as well I've got a large Public Works budget  :)

Terrigal

Well there is some life outside St Leonards. Here a a few pic's from Terrigal. Though I'd start building from the end of the breakwater and move inland.

More on the weekend.

Cheers

Dave

bat

Nice looking place there! Great picture, tooheys! :thumbsup:

rooker1

It looks like something very interesting is coming.   ::)

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Jmouse

Love the breakwater. Guess I'll have to keep following in your footsteps and try one for myself eventually.
And I don't know any secrets! Just want you to know your MD is still appreciated after all this time. :)

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

Love the breakwater! Looks very realistic! I can't wait to see more of Terrigal!

paroch

Hi Dave,

Some nice updates there (as always!).

I'd never really thought of making a breakwater that wide, but hey it looks good.  Nice building there as well, very unusual.

Looking forward to the next update and to see what funnies you include for us this time :P.

Paul

Pat

Hey Dave that was a great teaser my friend and yea we could win by rotting their teeth lol..... Oooh so when are we gonna see a tooheys BAT? ? ? ?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

stewart_garden

Quote from: tooheys on October 30, 2007, 12:13:14 AMIt is an ugly building isn't it, have made it a date with the recycle bin.

But will the recycle bin accept?  I have heard it can be quite choosy.

Nice update - great use of the breakwaters.

Cheers,

Stewart

tooheys

Replies

bat: Thanks bat.

rooker1: I hope so, otherwise there will be a few disappointed people  ;)

Jmouse: Appreciate that Joan. Pleased you liked the breakwater, hadn't tried that in this MD yet.

thundercrack83: Dustin, thanks and your wish is granted :)

paroch: Paul, appreciate the comments. The building is a model of one in RL. It is a shipping control tower, and is a good representation of the real thing which I have seen some pic's of.

patfirefghtr: Don't hold your breath my friend, at the moment I'd be lucky to put together a grass lot with a tree on it :D

stewart_garden: Thanks Stewart, yeah it took me a while to get the lid closed  ;D

Terrigal

Well Terrigal has expanded just a little bit. It now has both recreational and industrial port facilities.

The breakwaters are a popular fishing spot. Although hook one of these and you're going waterskiing.

The recreational area, two boat ramps so you can launch your own Minnow without delay.

One psychadelic ferris wheel. It has a wonderful effect if you stare at it long enough as it goes round and round
and round.... you throw up.

By the way, these are new PEG lots around the shoreline. They are a bit repetitive at the moment but there are
more lots still in Beta as I understand it which should be released shortly. Anyway, I like them.

The water in the harbour is a bit murky. Still a haven for whales which can be difficult to spot. Hit one of these
with a tanker and well, I hope you like Sushi.

The first time I have brought rail down to port level. Something Nardo suggested a long time ago and he was right,
well I think so anyway, it adds to the area. Let me know what you think.

Well that was one of my biggest updates for a while, there's still life in this old dog yet.

Until next time

Cheers

Dave

paroch

OMG :o

That is an awesome update.  I think that is the best port area I've ever seen on SC4.  ejc's Ruhrgebiet port is the best industrial port I've seen, but Terrigal goes just that one step further, combining all the different elements.  "Life in the old dog yet" is an understatement.

Seriously, I've looked at the pics a few times and they get better on each look.  The way you've mixed the breakwaters, the seawalls and the PEG OWW lots is very well done.  I also like the way you've used the green walls on the land to break up the height differences (something I don't seem to be able to achieve).  The residential lots also seem very well suited to such a setting.

In the fourth picture I love the way the rocks in the water look.

In the sixth picture I can see the Freytag building.  This is one of my favourite Maxis buildings but since I've installed the "block all maxis" modd I don't get this to grow anymore (obviously!).  I have tried creating my own custom lot with this building but still it won't grow.  I know you like a challenge Dave, so any ideas?  Also, btw, I finally got the PEG ferries to work :P.  Did the best IT trick in the book.  Deleted them from my plugins, re-downloaded them and hey presto!

The recreational port is a gem, and don't worry I didn't stare at the ferris wheel for too long.

Very well done Dave - I'm impressed. &apls &apls &apls

Paul

bat

That harbor is looking very great, Dave! Fantastic work on it! :thumbsup:

stewart_garden

I agree - there is life in the old dog!  :)

Really like how you have mixed the different waterfront lots - a largely seamless transition.  Doesn't the harbourmaster in your second picture get fed up cleaning all the presents left by those seagulls? (was planning to use other terms, but I figured this is a family site)

Cheers,

Stewart

Jmouse

Awesome update, Dave. As stated by others, this is a beautifully-designed port. There are many different elements at work, and all fit together nicely. Of course, you've added a touch of your unique talents in transport design as well. :thumbsup:
Also, I like the idea of bring rail service to the port, but based strictly on the photos presented, it doesn't look like there's room for train stations.

Until next time...
Joan

threestooges

Well, first, If I may venture an additional comment to stewart_garden's seagull comment: I wonder if the building was white to begin with (heh heh). Great update. You really seem to have achieved a realistic port. Great use of slopes and buildign placements. I particularly like the recreational marina (the one with two boat ramps) but I have to say, leaving the harbor would be a tad unnerving with those tankers/container ships going by (dragging their unexpected waterskiers). As I mentioned in the photo comp thread, the port area is great when taken as a whole. Great job on this.

emilin

It's been too long since I commented here. Sorry.

Still doing great work. Congratulations! A very nice harbour indeed, but in my opinion it needs more containers (can really never get too much of those ;D).

Anyways: :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine