• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

Replies

pipishere: Thanks pip, glad you could drop in.

bat: Well here it is Bat, thanks.

paroch: I now what you mean, those little surprises can really add to scene if you're lucky enough to catch them.

Jmouse: Thanks for the free add Joan, and for anyone who missed it, Joan had already commented in the Davealot Thread  ::)

Pat: lol Pat, hope the wait was worth it.

TheTeaCat: lol, I think everyone needs a cuppa after that explanation. Thanks TTC.

thundercrack83: Dustin, thanks. I think I need to take some time management classes.

Balnavia

Well first of all here is a full region shot. The population is slowly creeping up and now stands at 2.1m sims.
Look at all that empty space, I'll be going for ever.

Woolongong

Here's a little bit more of the industrial area.

One more of my LE lots, this time the large storage yard.

Joan, here is that curve you were asking about earlier.

And a cross the river, residential continues. Here you can see the cricket field amongst the surburbia.

Need somewhere to stay, there is always the 3 hotels down on the shoreline.

bat

That region overview of Balnavia is looking excellent! Fantastic development on it so far!

And another wonderful update of Woolongong!

CasperVg

Looking better and better there, tooheys! I think I haven't commented on your lotting for now, but I really like it. That's some nice slopes you have there aswell!
You certainly deserve the newest addition to your collection:

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Jmouse

Love the region map, Dave. You weren't kidding when you said Balnavia was huge! ::)

Woolongong's seaside industrial area looks good - neat and well-planned. And of course, your new enlarged storage lot looks fantastic! :thumbsup: Hope you'll put it up for LEX candidacy. 

I asked to see the rail curve because I knew it would look great, but this is spectacular - definitely comp quality. Do you have to wait a long time for a train to come through and get to exactly the right spot? ;) And you've done a marvelous job of putting your cricket field in a perfect setting.

Does that hotel on the right have a penthouse suite?
That would be a nice place to spend the winter instead of staying here and shoveling snow to get to the BBQ pit! The last pic is especially good, showing the gardens and slope of the land.

Another great update under your belt, I'd say!

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

I think that Woolongong might be my favorite place that you've shown us here, Dave! Everything looks so wonderful, my friend. Keep up the good work!

Dustin

paroch

Hi Dave,

Great update there.  You know, I never realised Balnavia was an island!  Learn something new every day!  That's a great region shot, and as you say, still plenty of life left in this MD yet ;)

I like the port, nice and simple, yet effective.  And of course, inclusion of your own lots is always nice to see.

The rail bridge transition is very nicely done, I'm envious!  And the red train is pretty catching, particularly on that great curve.

The zoomed out shot is another nice one, and the cricket pitche looks just right there.

The Dora Bay building is one of my fave high risers, and does look good near the water.  And is that a slope I see in Balnavia?? A slope without a retaining wall???  Quick, call the Planning Police, they'd never have knowingly approved that :D ;) :D

Take care mate,

Paul

Pat

real good here dave and it was well worth the wait!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Nardo69

Well first of all here is a full region shot. The population is slowly creeping up and now stands at 2.1m sims.
Look at all that empty space, I'll be going for ever.

Hmmm ... comparing our speed there will be at least Balnavia IV when I ever finish Urland - if I ever finish Urland ...  :D

Just had a look at N.U.T.s - nice Idea  :thumbsup:. Next year I could participate in N.U.F. - just don't know if I like that

Nice busy harbour with a lot of green and roundabouts - I just noticed I never tried the avenue roundabout - shame on me but there never was the need for it as I lately only build streets, roads and Highways ...

Take care 

TheTeaCat

Superb update  &apls

great overall view, your "yard" looks perfect in its location and the cricket ground fits in well,
(although IMHO a taller fence around the lot would be required in such an urban setting (to keep the chavs off you understand
and protect the crease ;)), also if it had been there for any length of time a larger clubhouse would be more appropriate)

As the ground is now it is more fitting for a more rural area, just my 2p's worth.

everything else, the port, the bridge head, the parks by the hotels, the waterfront - perfect mate  &apls &apls

Looking forward to the next update

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Starmanw402007

Awesome updates on Balnavia mayor, all photos espicially the freight yard Looks great.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

tooheys

Yikes, almost a month since my last update, doesn't time fly when your having fun. Got caught up with LE and
other NUTty things, but finally an update for you.

Replies

bat: Thanks bat

caspervg: Appreciate the comments and thanks for the newest set of glasses

Jmouse: Thankyou my fellow NUT. The train pic wasn't a problem, there are about 15k people travelling that line
at the moment so they come by pretty regularly. The penthouse is yours whenever you drop by. As for the region, yep
it's bloody big, can't afford a gap between updates like the last one or I'll still be working on this for many a year.

thundercrack83: Thanks Dustin, guess I'll have to step it up a notch and make you another favourite  :)

paroch:
QuoteAnd is that a slope I see in Balnavia?? A slope without a retaining wall??? 
I think I did that area one night after a session at the pub, looked flat at the time  ;D That is a nice building, don't bring it
out that often, but reserve it for those special spots.

Pat: Thanks mate (or should I say m8)

Nardo69: Lol, well given the gap since the last update, I might only be up to version 3. And don't be fooled, all three
of us are NUFs, but in body only. Will be looking out for that ave roundabout.

TheTeaCat: Thanks Derry. Most suburban grounds down here are pretty much "unsecure". Of course they are mostly
concrete and synthetic pitches, but that was the look I was aiming for. I think Diggis is looking at putting together a
synthetic pitch, which would fit he ground a lot better. Down the track though I plan a few variations on the theme.
Appreciate the feedback and thanks for the great comments.

Starmanw402007: Drop that mayor stuff, just call me Dave. Us Aussies don't stand on ceremony  $%Grinno$% Thanks
for the comments.

Sommersby

Well we will be paying a final visit to Woolongong shortly, but the workers were finding it a bit difficult to find accommodation so
Sommersby came to being. Still very much a work in progress but here are a few pic's of development to date.

I like the way this area turned out, interested to hear you thoughts.

Will try to update a bit quicker next time. Until then,

Cheers

Dave

CasperVg

What can I say? Everything's perfect! That's some great slopes there aswell, it would be a great isle to live on, m'think. That's some big boulders that surround your coasts, not the easiest place to tuff-around with a boat (or ferry  :D)

Been awhile since your last pair of glasses, aye?
You can have these,

Waiting for the next update,
Casper
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

TheTeaCat

Well Dave

Sommersby looks a real nice place. Good work on the slopes and everything seems to fit together real nice.

I did notice a few odd sidewalk textures ( being picky  ::)  :D )

Quote from: tooheys on April 19, 2008, 12:33:19 AM
Us Aussies don't stand on ceremony  $%Grinno$%

No I noticed that as well  :D :D - its more like sat on your butts with a cold tinny in your hand eh mate?

Seriously though  a great update, lets just hope it's not so long till the next one :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Ennedi

Sommersby looks great Dave, I like the general view very much, the bridge harmonizes perfectly with the surrounding!  :thumbsup:
As always, very nice riverside finishing, these large boulders look very good, also from bigger distance.

And of course I like closeups, you are a real master of creating a quiet and relaxing atmosphere  :)

Adam :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bat

The pictures in that great update are looking very beautiful! Fantastic city! :thumbsup:

Pat

Hey dave looking at Sommersby I get this feeling and yea wow that would be a nice island if it would stay that way!!! Cant wait to see any further devolpment....  yes its cheers M8 lol...

btw get more updates done M8 I was having a fit here without my favorite Aussie!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Like many others, I've suffered Balnavia withdrawal, but Sommersby has made the wait worthwhile!

Love the way you've developed that island in the first photo, and I think the shoreline in the next one looks terrific! :thumbsup: Then there are the signature ferry terminals and access streets we've all come to know and love. As busy as I know you've been, I think you've done a fine job of creating an update equal to your highest standards!

Until next time...
Joan

paroch

Hi Dave,

Yeah, an update, woohoo!

I like the peninsular, looks a densely developed place but retains a sense of peace about it.  The shoreline looks great, you seem to have a knack of creating excellent shore lines all the time.

And I agree with Joan the the ferry terminals with the retaining wall access road is now officially the toohey signature development!  They always look so good.

Paul

thundercrack83

Wonderful work, as always, Dave! Sommersby looks fantastic, my friend!

I'll be looking forward to seeing more!

Dustin

nedalezz

I like the towns alot, especially how you have highways running through them. Very realistic, very colorful, and your city building skills makes for some great pictures!