• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

In the third pic, you need to find the company responsible for throwing away those toxic drums.   :D  Very nice update my friend.  I love your style. 
Oh...I just noticed I got the 500th reply.  Congratulation on that, a new page, 26 and the move to Classics as soon as they notice!!
&apls &apls &apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

And we've noticed! Congratulations, Dave and welcome to the Classics, my good friend! I'm moving you up now!

Dustin

tooheys

Replies

Firstly, thankyou to everyone who has supported this MD over the many months Balnavia has been on show.
It's an honour to be rated a Classic (although this place does look vaguely familiar  $%Grinno$%), and I must say
I feel a bit of a lightweight in this heaveyweight division, in comparison to the other "Classics" on show.

Anyway, thanks again, and except for a major meltdown (yes Bernhard I have made backups  ;)) Balnavia is set to
continue for a while yet.

bat: Thanks again Bat.

Russell:  Thanks for dropping by, appreciate the comments

paroch: lol Paul, that is a downloadable lot. I'm sure it's a BSC creation that I found on the STEX.
I'll send you the link once I locate it. As for the coffins, well the company is struggling a
little because they don't work well with Tooheyesque Flat, they are "Underhill" afterall. Perhaps we could arrange an export deal  :D

Pat: No.499 Pat, so close. Should have waited that little bit longer  :) Thanks my friend and now get to work on Waterfalls
so you can join me ;).

rooker1: Robin, thanks for the comments and it was great to see a regular make the 500th post,
plus move me to a new page and get me to the classics, nice trifecta  ;D As a prize I've found you some free accommodation to
use should you ever drop by Balnavia.

thundercrack83: Dustin, I didn't think that was going to happen, I think I was on 499 for 15hrs  $%Grinno$%. Although I knew
you'd be in the background waiting for the meter to tick over. Thanks again for your ongoing support.

Ballina

Well some final pics from Ballina. Current stats:

R:28524
C:21887
I:48827

I love these lots, They grew like this which was somewhat of a fluke for me.

The School of Hard Knocks, built conveniently close to the hospital.

Oh, I almost forgot, this is just a pic of "Robin's Shack". Available 24/7, fully catered and not a bad view either. Enjoy Robin.

Hmm what next, well I haven't really played with the RHW yet, so I might give that a try. Them again maybe not.
You'll just have to wait and see.

Cheers

Dave

bat

That's a very nice update there, tooheys! Wonderful city overview!

And congrats for over 500 comments and for this new section!! :thumbsup: &apls

rooker1

Quote from: tooheys on January 30, 2008, 01:07:57 AM
Replies

Firstly, thankyou to everyone who has supported this MD over the many months Balnavia has been on show.
It's an honour to be rated a Classic (although this place does look vaguely familiar  $%Grinno$%), and I must say
I feel a bit of a lightweight in this heaveyweight division, in comparison to the other "Classics" on show.

rooker1: Robin, thanks for the comments and it was great to see a regular make the 500th post,
plus move me to a new page and get me to the classics, nice trifecta  ;D As a prize I've found you some free accommodation to use should you ever drop by Balnavia.

You deserve to be part of the Classics, don't ever kid yourself about that.  Your MD is just as good as any other my friend.  &apls

It's all about the trifecta.  Thanks for the prize I may take you up on that vacation in Balnavia.  Can I see some close ups of my accomidations next update?  ::)  Do you think I could ski down that hill?

Another fabulous update.  I don't know if I have said this enough in the past or not, but I hate biulding on such a slopey invironment.  And yet you make it look so easy and so very well done.  Every thing makes sense, loks good and very realistic.  I really like the park in the second last picture and my shack looks awesome.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

mattb325

It's been quite a while since I was here - but I'm glad to see that you've made it into the classics, congratulations!

Much to comment on, but to keep it brief, I really enjoy your style of building. The end result looks so easy, relaxing and effortless but I know how much hard work went into pulling all of the various elements together: puzzle pieces, tunnels, slope mods, ploppable water, segregated zones as well as a great mix of plugins really makes this MD shine  :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Who but Dave could create a city full of dirty industry, stick it in an otherwise-clean MD and get a standing ovation for his trouble! :P. The polluted lake is nothing short of genius!
You amaze me -- no PhotoShopping, no LEing, no BATting and very little planning. Somehow you manage to put common elements together in an uncommon way, though, spice them up with a bit of humor and create greatness.
Balnavia has what it takes to be a classic, and I'm proud to see it back where it belongs.
And BTW, no more "DaVinci Code" for you! :D

Until next time...
Joan

threestooges

It's been a while since I last posted here, and boy have you been busy. The lake is spectacularly done. A great combination of tpw, flora, pipes, water treatment facilities, and a pretty good backstory too. Your overall presentation of your MD is quite spectacular. As Jmouse noted: no photoshopping, but the pics are so good without it that doing any might actually detract from them. Excellent work as always and congratulations to your fitting promotion on the Classics section.

Pat

I know I could have double posted but naw I was feeling nice and left it open for Robin to walk in on... I know I know I need to get to work lol, BTW Dave Wonderful update here my aussie friend!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Congatulations, Dave!

The Staff

rooker1

Congratulations Dave on the move to SITM.
&apls &apls &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:

Call me Robin, please.

Jmouse

WOW! Congratulations! &apls
First a "classic re-promotion," now another month under the microscope! ;)
Oh well, they say the second time around is the best, so it will be exciting to see what's in store for Balnavia's legion of fans in the weeks to come.

Until next time...
Joan

tooheys

Replies

The Staff: A second run in OSITM  :o Thankyou very much for the recognition.

bat: Thanks Bat for your regular contribution, it's appreciated.

rooker1:

Thanks Robin, here is a closeup of the shack. Don't worry about all the people hanging around outside, that's just your
house staff having a break  ;) By the way, I'd leave the ski's at home, it hasn't snowed in Balnavia in living memory.

mattb325: Glad you could make it back and I appreciate the comments.

Jmouse: Joan, keep that up and I'll need a bigger hat  :D Thankyou for the great comments.
Blaspemy and plagiarism in one update, better watch myself  ;)

threestooges: Thankyou threestooges. I've got nothing against photoshop, people do some amazing work with it,
I just like to show things as they are. Maybe some future MD I might dabble a bit.

Pat: So considerate Pat  :D, maybe Robin will invite you along to the shack for a weekend. I'm sure
there's a spare room or six.

thundercrack83: And I was planning a quite month  $%Grinno$%. Thanks Dustin.

Lawson

Well as I hinted last update, I was thinking of trying out the RHW. Well, I've decided to give it a go.

Here is just a teaser of my initial work. It's a bit of a love/hate relationship at the moment, I like the look but trying
to get the pieces in the right place can be a nightmare. As always, suggestions are always welcome.

paroch

Hi Dave,

I want to echo the double congrats....... classic (again) and OSITM (again) in the space of a couple of days - a double weel done my friend.

Your reply re underhill's made me chuckle :thumbsup:

nice updates and good luck with RHW.  It looks like you're just one step ahead of me on that, so I can't really give any advice.  But I will be watching with interest as it is something I want to use as well.  I'm struggling to get a highway to RHW transition at mom.  So if you achieve it please make sure to post some pics.

Good luck in OSITM, I'll have to make the effort to come on over to keep tabs on Balnavia this month.

Paul

bat

Nice RHW-intersection there!

And Congrats on your second OSITM! &apls

Filasimo

i wanted to stop by and say hi dave! btw one suggestion if ya want to have a smoother RHW interchange is to use the gentle RHW-4 pieces. itll give that interchange an extra spicy touch!  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Pat

Daaaaaave sweet niblets and congrats on coming back into OSITM!!! Take Ryan's aka Filisimo's advice to heart and not as insult, he speaks words of wisdom, I think??? LoL Anyways M8 looking good here....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

Replies

paroch: Thanks Paul, RHW does seem a bit tricky at first but you soon learn to work with it. Suggest you have
a look at tutorial on site, it is very helpful.

bat:  Thanks Bat

Filasimo: Thanks Ryan, I have reworked the interchange a little, and most of the bends are a lot smoother. Althought there
are a couple of nasty ones still that I couldn't work around. Thanks for dropping in and I appreciate the advice  :thumbsup:

Pat: Lol Pat, don't worry, my skins not that thin  $%Grinno$%, and I did ask for suggestions. Ryan's suggestion was quite helpful.
Thanks my friend, now have you got back to work yet!

Lawson

Well, I have done a bit more work on the interchange which has retained its basic design although what once went over,
now goes under.

A small pond in the middle of the interchange. With construction of the hwy, natural runoff was disrupted.
There are plans to install some sort of overflow channel because after a heavy downpour, it has been known
for the pond to overflow and cut the hwy.

Well, if you've got to go, you've got to go. A small rest area along the hwy. Pity about the footpath textures,
might have to do a bit of experimenting here.

So, it's time to add a bit of civilisation to the landscape, which will be featured in upcoming updates.

Until then

Cheers

Dave

Filasimo

thats looking a wholleee lot better dave!  :thumbsup: and no problem for the advice if ya have any more questions let me know  ;)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Cockatoo-210893

Wow, that is some really nice use of the RHW! It looks really really eye pleasing.
Dose it actually function though, there are just a few little things that confuse me, judging by the direction of the off ramps, I think there's gonna be a few head on collisions!  :P