• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maxis Highway Override (Project Symphony) - Development & Support

Started by MandelSoft, October 31, 2012, 09:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

Quote from: Durfsurn on January 25, 2013, 01:30:09 PM
auto ramps/diamond intersections would be cool.

Not really the point of Symphony. That stuff can easily and quickly be built by you. We will only be prefabbing the hard stuff like the T-Bone. Nothing else.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Wiimeiser

But then you'll need something to deal with the autoramps...
Might as well just disable it...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdenm8

We can't deal with the Automatic ramp configurations, if we disable them for symphony, they'll be disabled for everyone, even people who don't have it installed.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

AngryBirdsFan436

As Gugu3 mentioned, where nobody answered, will there be diagonal ramps? And also will there be special pieces for making a diagonal cloverleaf?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

MandelSoft

Currently, due to the complex nature of these diagonal rams, especially the fact that it will be hard to place two next to each other, there are none at the moment. It would also require a whole new scala of transitions and such...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

AngryBirdsFan436

Well, for the autoramp disable, why won't you make it an optional feature to disable it? Impossible?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

memo

It would entail another copy of the controller which is a no-no. We can hardly keep a single controller file synchronized.

ivo_su

Maarten sorry if I worried, but I was wondering if there was any progress with Part 2 of the video for Project Symphony, and in particular the construction of intersections.

MandelSoft

Well, I will re-record the video, this time better prepared (and with the P57 in better shape)...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

Quote from: MandelSoft on February 06, 2013, 05:56:06 AM
Well, I will re-record the video, this time better prepared (and with the P57 in better shape)...

I wish you luck with this and I watched this video with great delight and pleasure.

jcluvzgamez

WOW!!!!!! I just saw part 2 of Project Symphony videos. I'm still drooling. That T stack is unreal! There seriously  needs to be a drooling smiley face!     &apls
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

ivo_su

MTT9

Wath an amazing video Maarten! Can't believe all the great features we will have soon :)
You can call me Matt

AngryBirdsFan436

:o OMG! My laptop just blew up because it can't handle the awesomeness! GREAT JOB MARTEEN! Will there be an Elevated to Elevated Cloverleaf piece? (L3 to L2)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

AngryBirdsFan436

So that means, in this release, there will be no Elevated to Elevated MHW cloverleafs?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

teddyrised

Breathtaking work you have there, Marteen! I like it at the very last part of the video where is it entirely possible to interface an avenue piece with the elevated roundabout piece. That's just brilliant &apls

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on February 06, 2013, 11:48:04 PM
So that means, in this release, there will be no Elevated to Elevated MHW cloverleafs?

Not in a single piece, I suppose. The default MHV cloverleaf pieces are awfully underscaled compared to the rest of the items in the revamped MHW.

And I implore everyone to refrain from probing, and give the NAM team a peace of mind while they try their very best testing and ensuring the upcoming release is stable, functional and, of course, awesome :)

Jaris

Two questions:

1. Will there be a 2-level roundabout interchange with the roundabout on the ground? Would look sweet ;)
2. Will it be possible to mix theese Symphonie pieces (for example the cloverleaf-loop) with RHW? So you could use the cloverleaf-loop, but make some nice slip-lane setups with RHW?