• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

THE OFFICIAL "Is Simtropolis down?" THREAD

Started by Hahayoudied, May 11, 2008, 08:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

lets look at the facts ladies, its been 2 and a month since the last upgrade so we are overdue, and the words ST 6.0 beta have been at the bottom of the page for awhile now.... it could well be, considering he did prepare a standin page.... offline tests are common and there were times during the last upgrade where the be back shortly message was unavailable....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

callbat

Ah well if it were a site upgrade we would've been told wouldn't we?

SIMplMn9

Ok.. so.. should I worry about the fact that I am getting one of those annoying search pages now?
Proud Member of the >Censored<!
NOTE: Will probably be banned for my affiliations with the >Censored<.  If I never show again, that is why.  If one wishes for me being an >Censored< member to be banned, be it a member or staff, then make it so.

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

callagrafx

Quote from: mightygoose on May 24, 2008, 12:51:56 AM
offline tests are common and there were times during the last upgrade where the be back shortly message was unavailable....

Offline tests do not affect online sites.  The server cannot be found which probably means it's been taken offline for maintenance or swapping to a new blade.  Whatever the cause, speculation is futile.  It'll be back when it's back.  Meantime, sit back, relax, enjoy the offerings of the LEX or better still, go get some fresh air and see what's happening in the real world.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Patricius Maximus

Most definently a server problem of some sort. May be switching units or something of that nature. Anyway, the cat was on since ~ 03:00 Eastern Standard Time. Now there's nothing at all, and Sporeum is down.

mrbisonm

It's probably because they banned me without a real reason and now have to pay for the consequences......lol.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

swat-medic

Godzillaman

Quote from: callbat on May 24, 2008, 12:37:09 AM
Oh dear.........

So when should we begin to worry?

When you go to Simtropolis.com and you see the EA logo...
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

Pat Riot

Quote from: mrbisonm on May 24, 2008, 07:50:34 AM
It's probably because they banned me without a real reason and now have to pay for the consequences......lol.

same thing here...but we shouldn't go into detail on that  :thumbsup:

Callagrafx: Real World? Whats the adress? www.realworld.com?

mjig_dudy

Quote from: Pat Riot on May 24, 2008, 08:43:59 AM

Looks like the real world is still in beta...

Patricius Maximus

callagrafx

same thing here...but we shouldn't go into detail on that  :thumbsup:
Best not to...This thread's about information about the availability of ST, not a discussion on "why am I banned". 

nope, it's www.turnyourpcoffandgooutthefrontdoor.com  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

JanYpe

Sporeum is up again, Simtropolis is currently having trouble to decide. up. back to the cat page. Which is a positive development if you enjoy staring intently at pictures of cats, I suppose.  :P
Lurker Extraordinaire

warszawa

SimTropolis is now back online. Well, according the STEX.
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

nerdly_dood

ST isn't entirely back online.  The blue background image that fades from dark blue to lighter blue is just white, but everything else is fine.  The sTEX works too.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

dedgren

Folks, I don't want to spoil the fun here, but

We will invite ST, whether through a special member nic we establish (the names "ST and Simtropolis" come immediately to mind) or through a staff designee, to post info about any offline time in this thread.  This can be done in advance of the outage, if it is a planned one, or as it is going on in the form of updates.  The only other posts that should appear here are queries as to whether ST is offline, and then only (to the extent reasonably possible) one per incident.  No other commenting will be allowed- it simply has no purpose.  Such comments will be removed without notice.  After the incident is over, all comments will be zeroed back out, and we will be ready for the next time.

If there are any questions about this, please PM me.  I'm not seeking to start a discussion here- if you feel inclined to comment, please re-read the foregoing.

That's from post number two in this thread.  Nobody from ST has seen fit to take us up on our offer- it sounds like they may be busy dealing with stuff at their end.  That's fine.  The thing is- this thread is not supposed to be a minute by minute account of whether there's a cat or not, or whether the page is now white or blue.  The ST forums appear to be down right now.  Nobody who knows anything in particular about this has seen fit to let us know.  Speculation, as noted above, is neither productive nor allowed.

I'll say please this time.  This last time.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

Quote from: callagrafx on May 24, 2008, 09:14:30 AM
Best not to...This thread's about information about the availability of ST, not a discussion on "why am I banned". 

nope, it's www.turnyourpcoffandgooutthefrontdoor.com  :thumbsup:

no its not its 404 erro not found lol..... Belive me I was doing that earlier this morning enjoying a nice sun tanning and the fresh air minus the cow smell lol

BTW ST is somewhat back up... no forums though

MOD EDIT: Come on Pat, David posted a perfectly reasonable Cease & desist message above, and less than an hour later you post another status message. It's not necessary and it doesn't add anything (especially when the same thing was posted further up this page) - Fred

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

un1

Why do they have to upgrade the site??? I liked it the way it was!! Until then... I don't know what I'll do...  :'( Oh... I made Update 11 today and now I can't post it...
Note: The way ST is now, it looks ugly!

Edit: The chat also works...

Zaphod

The ST chat seems to be up, I suppose nobody is saying you can't ask about what is going on in there.

though nobody seems to know much now, that may change if an admin pops by
War Kittens !?