• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Ok J Dub now you're just Horsing around  $%Grinno$%.

I was always under the impression that Horses had right of way over everything on the road.
Well where I come from they do. Tempremental beasts ::) (Been bitten,kicked and thrown by them  :'( - I give them a wide bearth these days  :D )

Buses don't they come in three's ::)
Seem not in this case. $%Grinno$%

Ok how about this then?
The standard Maxis carpark

Now then,
why are the disabled spaces on the top level of the carpark?
How do wheelchairs users access the ground floor?
using the stairs?

Anything else? oh yes there's the "Up" ramp.
Now where's the exit?

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

sim-al2

Quote from: TheTeaCat on January 12, 2009, 02:38:03 PM
why are the disabled spaces on the top level of the carpark?
How do wheelchairs users access the ground floor?
using the stairs?

I find the default parking garage to be just to poor-quality to use. Even the building is bad. Don't get me started on the mini-parking garages on some RCIs! ???
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

nerdly_dood

Quote from: sim-al2 on January 12, 2009, 02:42:55 PM
I find the default parking garage to be just to poor-quality to use. Even the building is bad. Don't get me started on the mini-parking garages on some RCIs! ???

I agree- Someone should probably BAT a better parking garage - one for the 3x3 lot, maybe even one for the RCIs if they really must. (I probably would if my computer would let me install BAT...)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Nexis4Jersey

hmmmm the weirdness of this games oddities still makes me laugh  $%Grinno$%

j-dub

Parking deck wouldn't be that hard to bat, but time consuming.

allan_kuan1992

Jdub and Swamper77... do you need to modify the NAM simulator to get the trains to run on GLR/elevated rail? or is it included by default due to the paths?

- Allan Kuan

Pat

heeheheh horsing around there says the Cat lol....  Hmmm now that you say about the quirks of the parking garages there Derry I cant help but wonder the same darn thing!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Swamper77

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on January 12, 2009, 08:20:20 PM
Jdub and Swamper77... do you need to modify the NAM simulator to get the trains to run on GLR/elevated rail? or is it included by default due to the paths?

- Allan Kuan

The game's Traffic Simulator needs to be modified to allow trains to use the GLR/Elevated Rail tracks. The GLR/Elevated Rail tracks do have rail paths on them via the NAM for Elevated Rail Train UDI, which is only possible with the NAM installed. However, the GLR/Elevated Rail tracks may appear "congested" (Red) when freight and passenger trains are using them, as the Traffic Simulator is not setup to normally allow that.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Terring7

Somebody loves his/her car too much

Look at the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a... flying sleeping Sim!!!

:D :D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

NASCAR_Guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawnchair_Larry

QuoteThere is also an easter egg in SimCity 4 that shows a man in a lawn chair attached to balloons, floating across the city, an obvious reference to Larry Walters.

Nice cathc Ter'
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

j-dub

I tried to build...

but then realized, oh wait you can't do that. I should wake up, it is 1 in the morning.
And if that wasn't enough, speaking of bridge problems, we have... Do'h!

bad calculations. That bridge is suppose to be higher, and not dropped like that.

pagenotfound

How the heck did you manage that? :D :D
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Pat

LoL Jdub that is something else there with the train bridge and also the ave bridge!! how did you even pull off the train bridge ending in the water???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

tag_one

j-dub

I don't know what happened, as soon as it hit the water, ker-splash! giant wave But its not like I'll see more bridges do that though. I also have had that thing where the avenue collapses and tilts on it's side as well.

sim-al2

2 words j-dub:

EPIC FAIL

Congratulations! You have broken the game without the game even noticing!  ::)

It would be even more hilarous if trains started crossing that bridge...
:D
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

frdrcklim

io_bg, that looks like fun. j-dub, I get the feeling something bad always happens when you tweak stuff $%Grinno$%. This is something. I've never seen anything like this before :D.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

j-dub

That was a RAM team proposed modification to a Maxis bridge. The avenue caused the bridge in pieces. However, the bridge does not seem to like going over the water so far, and drops as soon as it touches it. However you saw another bridge I had in that city dropped into the water as well. Occasionally puzzle pieces either disappear or revert back to their existing network when your trying to do something else that causes interference. You may have noticed when your building RHW that sometimes stuff gets knocked out of place when something else gets demolished.

Sheep49

I was wondering if the following picture is really a game oddity, but I guess so, since it has never happened to me before $%Grinno$%

It happened when I was just dragging OWR, when all of sudden the bridge choosing window showed up. I was like 'What the...?' and chosen a random bridge. What happened next you can see over that text ::)

Keep those strange/wacky oddities coming! ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles