• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jahu

Please read the NAM FAQ before asking questions in this thread.  It discusses many common problems, like the infamous "Red Arrow" bug, and issues with One-Way Road Puzzle Pieces.. -Alex

This topic is (please) the single place to post all of your NAM questions and problems. It has been created from several individual threads, and future questions or issues not raised in it will be merged here. - Fred

Yesteday I installed the new version of NAM, with the essentials, bridges, RHW, glr stations and everything.

However, by mistake, I removed the oneway roads arrows.

To make them appear again, I've uninstalled the NAM, deleted the folder and reinstalled everything, in the same order.

Now some icons disappeared from the transportation menu and the new glr stations now have brown boxes.

The only way I've found to solve it, is removing the NAM. But I wanna keep it.

Please, someone help me.
V. SC4 Deluxe

EDIT: (070110) Expanded Fred's opening line. -DE

Tarkus

Hi jahu-

It looks to me like the issue you are having is related to the Draggable GLR Stations Patch.  If you have the patches installed for stations that you don't have, that's the error that will occur.  Try removing the GLR stations patches for the stations you don't have, or downloading the missing stations.

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

jahu

Gaston

Quote from: Tarkus on June 03, 2007, 12:55:58 PM
Hi jahu-

It looks to me like the issue you are having is related to the Draggable GLR Stations Patch.  If you have the patches installed for stations that you don't have, that's the error that will occur.  Try removing the GLR stations patches for the stations you don't have, or downloading the missing stations.

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)
Yes jahu,
  You too must ...
Quest fot the Missing GLR Stations  !!!,
  as I have started doing.      %confuso   You will look high and low, and still some will evade your grasp.     I wish you luck on this quest.     May the Gods guide you.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

flame1396

I had that problem...

I removed the GLR :P I never use it anyway.
may get it back because i know how to fix it now....
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Andreas

Quote from: flame1396 on June 11, 2007, 12:00:09 PM
I removed the GLR :P I never use it anyway.

Well, that's why we made it optional in this version - it would have clogged your menu with three additional buttons - a bit too much if you don't use it at all... ;)
Andreas

monkeyjunk

I can't get the draggable GLR peice to show up or work. I can not get the Avenure Roundabout to work either.I also can't get most of the brodges to work. I have Uninstalled and deleted all the NAM stuff including additional bridges, i have used Cleanitol, and then reinstalled it. It still doesn't seem to work at all. Any Help please.

Andreas

Most likely, you still have an outdated mod installed that is not covered in the Cleanitol file. Try to look through your plugins folder manually, if you encounter anything suspicious. Be esp. careful if you encounter files that start with "z", or files that have "NAM", "RUL", "INI" or "override" in the filename.
Andreas

monkeyjunk

I have found all the old nam files and other conflicting files possible and deleted them. Now I don;t RHW only have ANT. The new GLR and Draggable GLR pieces icon are on the menu but don't work. I have installed all the additional bridges and updated NAM essentials and they don't appear. I used to have all the new june NAM on and offramps that came with but they dissappeared as well as their still is no avenue roundabout. Any suggestions on what i should do. any help is appreciated. &mmm &hlp &hlp &hlp %confuso :angrymore:

sobol

It probably because I have poor reading comprehension, but where's the train/trolley for the GLR???  Once I install the 6/07 NAM.. where is it??  can someone take a picture and point to it??

Since I still have reading comprehension issues...  I am a little stuck with the commuters...  which of the additional plug-ins do I use to extend the SIM's commute distances without affecting anything else??  I want them to travel further on foot, by car/bus/train etc...  without telling me how much they hate me...   Oh, how do I activate the smarter pathfinding option.. because my SIM's are as dumb as me, and have a hard time crossing the street to their jobs..

Yea, You probably hate me, and wish I had searched the interweb before bothering you all..  sorry.

:(
I've got nothing.

Indisguise

you want to be looking at the automata files, there are several depending on your style of play, you'll be looking for the one called.

NetworkAddonMod_Automata_Plugin_Radical_Automata24 rasie eyecandy distance, 

any of the NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin xxx plugins with higher capasity speed and or x10 comute will increase distance the sims actual travel in the simulator as per the pathfinding :thumbsup:
use only 1 Traffic plugin at 1 time

not sure if this includes the trolley or if it's a seperate automata prop file though , sorry I don't use the GLR personelly.

ps need traffic volume and the graphics turned up to see the rail, more often the top two  zoom levels (depends on your specs) the trains aren't visible too...:)
Colossus X-rated

Andreas

Since GLR is basically el-rail on the ground, you will see either the standard Maxis el-rail automata, or a custom el-rail skin, if you have installed any. vester_DK created a collection of great automata skins that will give you a more appropriate feedback of what typical trams look like. There's also a variety of GLR stations available at the STEX and the LEX.
Andreas

sobol

Aha..

So, the GLR, is a ground level El-Train.  A Maxis made el-train station will work, or any of the custom user content... nice.  Now to try this (apperantly I have a bad hibt where I have to re-state the obvious :(  ).
I've got nothing.

Andreas

Yeah, a Maxis el-rail station would work, however it doesn't exactly look pretty on a GLR line. ;)
Andreas

sobol

Quote from: Andreas on June 22, 2007, 09:48:33 AM
Yeah, a Maxis el-rail station would work, however it doesn't exactly look pretty on a GLR line. ;)
Can you suggest  a el train (skin) and station combo with ittle to no dependancies, or something that is a self contained file?
I've got nothing.

Andreas

Try this one: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=879 (make sure to read the readme file before using the stations and the included automata).
Andreas

sobol

Quote from: Andreas on June 22, 2007, 04:14:37 PM
Try this one: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=879 (make sure to read the readme file before using the stations and the included automata).

Perfect, I'll give it a spin.

:thumbsup:
I've got nothing.

glepet

I'm running into a similar problem. I don't have the roundabouts, though the button is there, and I don't have the S,45, and 90 degree roads. I had them initially, but I am in the process of rebuilding my plugins folder, so, I'm guessing that it's a conflict with a plugin that I recently added.  I'm going to try to pinpoint the culprit file and let you know if and what I find.

sobol

I tried... but nothing happened.  I will download and try again, under which menu can I find the station??  can the GLR track make 45 or 90 Degree turns???
I've got nothing.

Andreas

The GLR stations are located in the Misc. Transit menu, most likely somewhere near the top. Draggable GLR should allow both 45 and 90 degree turns.
Andreas