• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

1*Help me with the name of a tree mod:2*Need medium density apartments in CAM.

Started by Thorx21, May 02, 2018, 01:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorx21

2 issues as described in the topic title.
Sorry for the lengthy post but I'm stuck.

I played this game for years. I also played alot of CAM but always with minimalistic mods with lots of Vanilla content.
I started playing this game for several months after a long time sc4 break and 2 weeks ago I started on a quest with the intention to mod more or less all aspects of the entire game with the CAM mod as a base to build upon.

Since then I made a ginormous Plugin folder with mods and the plugin folder has risen over 2 gigabyte since today. Despite a few issues I submit in this post I gotten very far and many elements of modding are nearing completion. I already ran into several issues but always solved them.

Every file and folder structure in the plugin folder is ordered. All my downloads are kept on a seperate drive and I make a full copy of my plugins folder everyday since the last 2 weeks so I can revert to a earlier stage if I happen to make a error with the logic to narrow down certain mistakes as they pop up when I add more mods. It's tedious and it requires alot of testing in game and I've come across several issues, of which 2 I can't solve.

1st issue: Need to remove a tree mod but don't know where it is in my plugin folder

I had a specific mod installed that I thought I'd like but decided I don't actually like it that much and I installed it like a week ago. Since then I installed a hundred+ other mods or so and I can't remember what the name of the mod is anymore so I don't know where in my plugin folder to find it. I want to delete this mod but if I don't remember the name then how do I find it?
Post a picture and ask other enthusiasts online if they recognize what mod it is?

Seems like the only way how to locate where to find it in my folder tree so heres the picture.

I want the trees gone that fill my suburbs as seen in the picture. They're nice actually. But they slow down the game a bit especially when zooming out. The textures are blurry SD quality when zooming out so they'll become very pixelated and the city will look crap especially on the region view thumbnail where my suburb changes into a green gooey mess and it isn't eye candy for me.

So if people can recognize the type of trees that grow in the subburbs and know the mod name then perhaps I can find it in my plugin folder.
What I tried already...

I already used the search function in my file manager with the word "tree" to look for all the mods with the word "tree" in it which is the only method I could think of to remove any mod that adds trees into the game from my plugin folder.
I found

*Rowan trees. (removed that, started sc4 didn't solve it)
*BSC Props Seasonal trees Vol 03 by Jeronij (also removed and dind't solve it)
*DuskTrooper_TreesPack_1.0 (also removed and dind't solve it)
*Cycledog Tree mod in columbus terrain mod folder (* sigh) No it didn't.

So the trees on the pic are part of a lot I think which itself could be a prop, texture or model pack. But it grows on all the lots and I have multiple residential lots from different authors build in my city and they all grow them.

Do you guys have any idea what mod the trees are from? A prop pack of some sort I think that's is not something like a tree controller or ploppable object like the trees in god or mayor mode but are anchored to the lots. I think they're part of a dependency list but god knows how I will find which one it is.

Issue 2: Almost none of the medium density residential will grow in CAM (Skyscraper) with residential Maxisblocker installed.

None of the maxis buildings will grow as I used a blocker for all building types.
But none of the medium density I download on the LEX or STEX also.

I find many residential lots on the LEX and STEX (especially on the LEX) in the forms of low density and high density that work. The low and high density buildings are more or less completed in my plugin folder. I have all I want in these areas.
But medium density, much less. I find a healthy amount of it on the LEX and STEX, and let me tell you this. I think I downloaded pretty much every loft, apartment or otherwise called studio or small flat like 3-8 story buildings (most of stage 4-6 residential) that I could find on the LEX.

So I searched with "Residential - Medium" http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_search_00.php

I litteraly downloaded every single type of building according to the above criteria and installed every one of them one by one and thoroughly checked all the dependencies.
Between each install I booted Simcity 4.
I used 2 testing cities on medium region tiles. I used the CAM 2.1.0 Skyscraper install to minimize the development requirements for mid and highrises.

The test cities are as follows.

1:A medium sized city tile filled with residential buildings and lots of I-R, I-D, Cs$ with little services like heatlh, education but purposely left a few housing blocks unzoned while the city developed to plot medium zoning into the space with the intention to test out any of my installed medium density appartments. I would save it there then continuously swap mods in and out the plugin folder to test medium density buildings on the testing area.

The buildings should sprawl under the circumstances, easily. How do I know? Well, I removed the blocker and the area filled instantly with default maxis flats.
Whatever I drag into the plugin folder in terms of apartments, no medium density is build on the same space.

2:A similar city but with all services like healthcare, education and I-M, I-HT, Co/Cs$$ and a little bit Cs$$$ with lots of medium and high wealth to test out the R$$ and R$$$ apartments that I would found on the LEX.
Neither of both cities want to develop any medium density buildings apart from 2 mods I found on the lex. It is not a design flaw of the testing cities. The 2 mods that worked including the maxis apartments sprung into the world instantly.
The mods that worked do not blend in with the building style of the other mods so I don't like these medium density buildings at all. I need others.

I want more modern like apartment types. One of the 2 from the LEX that worked was a german styled hamburgian building that is completely against the style that my city should represent. I like german buildings by the way.

I need medium density apartments in R$, R$$ and R$$$ and not any of the hundred or so mods I downloaded actually work.
I know many mods in the readme are said to be campatible with CAM but I already found out there are quite a bit of mods not listed as being campatible below stage 9 which actually work.

On the other hand I found a few listed as being campatible below stage 9 but they don't work. And I don't mean Campatabile in the terms of the logo on the download thumbnail because that's only when buildings are over stage 8. In this context I'm talking about the description or readme the author gives on the download page. Sometimes the mention it works with CAM and I'm sure I tested a few of those but they also didn't work.
I don't know what the issue is here but I hope extensive experience of users on this site have any know how where to narrow down any compatibility issue I might have and supply me with a variety of medium density apartment lots that I can get to work.
Maybe they conflict with another mod I have installed. Oh dear... where do I even start if that's the case.

I know that many already agree about this as I read many thread pages over the years without being a member but the repository system of Simcity 4 mods is really super messy and outdated. Sorry I couldn't resist to say it. I also dislike that the PLEX is gone, it's a shame.

About the blocker.

I used the maxis blocker to block all types of residential as I said. It blocks residential based on wealth levels and not density levels. So using that mod I will always block all residential of a certain wealth level. This means I must use maxis buildings against my will or find subtitute buildings online. If I could just block low and high density maxis buildings but leave the maxis medium density in place it will at least blend in relatively well with the lots I already got.

This is a last option though as I would like the apartment to work I downloaded from the LEX.

When I do use maxis buildings by removing the blocker they overwrite many of the other stage residential lots of the low and high densities and my city will look crap.
Since I despise most of the maxis buildings that do not mix well with the custom content I already installed I need apartments of the type required. I pretty much need all stages medium density and so far I found none of any stage that actually work.
Does anybody else have CAM that uses STEX or LEX apartments medium density?
Can you name the ones you got installed?
Sorry for this lengthy post but I'm lost in my search and so consequently I'm lost in how to evaluate where I'm at and how I need guidance considering with what and where I'm stuck at.
I believe that's not very helpful but I hope people can advice me. I'm pretty motivated to have it all work out so I'm continuous in my quest to have my list of mods completed.

Ginormous thanks for simply reading my thread, cookies, crisps and drinks if you help me out :bnn:

mgb204

1)

This doesn't look like any tree mod I'm aware of. Yes you can override the default Maxis trees, but if I had to guess those trees look like CPs. Which a lot of creators just so happen to use in their works. You could re-lot them all so they show either different or no trees, but that's a bit of work, note also you'll need to grow them again for the changes to be in effect.

However, if the real problem for you is simply messing with lower resolution (region view) screens, there is another way. Each of the tree props will contain a property "ApperanceZoomFlag". If you alter this setting for every prop exemplar (that's going to be a lot I warn you), you can prevent props from being displayed in lower zooms. Use 0x1C to make a prop work in z3-5 only or 0x1E if you want it to display in z2-5 only. This may also help with speed, since it's lower zooms where otherwise the maximum amount of items appear.

2)

So the default game comes with growth stage 1-8 buildings, covering 5 different wealth types and 3 different densities. CAM then goes and expands the growth stages to 15. If you then use a Maxis Blocker, but don't have at least one building for each combination of the aforementioned settings, you're going to have a bad time. If the game wants to build a Stage 1 CS Low Density lot, but none exist, you may never see demand for higher stages/wealths/densities, i.e. growth will stagnate. The games simulator is built around starting small and upgrading, so you especially need a good supply of lots that can get growth started in your region.

In practise this means, unless you've a lot of content that covers all possibilities, you'll have to do one of two things. Remove the Maxis blocker or mod things so that you do have everything covered.

Thorx21

Quote from: mgb204 on May 02, 2018, 02:32:57 PM
1)

This doesn't look like any tree mod I'm aware of. Yes you can override the default Maxis trees, but if I had to guess those trees look like CPs. Which a lot of creators just so happen to use in their works. You could re-lot them all so they show either different or no trees, but that's a bit of work, note also you'll need to grow them again for the changes to be in effect.

However, if the real problem for you is simply messing with lower resolution (region view) screens, there is another way. Each of the tree props will contain a property "ApperanceZoomFlag". If you alter this setting for every prop exemplar (that's going to be a lot I warn you), you can prevent props from being displayed in lower zooms. Use 0x1C to make a prop work in z3-5 only or 0x1E if you want it to display in z2-5 only. This may also help with speed, since it's lower zooms where otherwise the maximum amount of items appear.

Props you say huh. Let's test whether it's CP's but if it isn't I'm going to have a hard time finding out which one it is. But if I find them I probably take  my time to change them. I don't have to change all of them at once as long as there's a usable method to rid myself of the issue as time goes on. If I can change the AppearanceZoomFlag exampler in reader for all the props then that is good enough.

Quote from: mgb204 on May 02, 2018, 02:32:57 PM

2)

So the default game comes with growth stage 1-8 buildings, covering 5 different wealth types and 3 different densities. CAM then goes and expands the growth stages to 15. If you then use a Maxis Blocker, but don't have at least one building for each combination of the aforementioned settings, you're going to have a bad time. If the game wants to build a Stage 1 CS Low Density lot, but none exist, you may never see demand for higher stages/wealths/densities, i.e. growth will stagnate. The games simulator is built around starting small and upgrading, so you especially need a good supply of lots that can get growth started in your region.

In practise this means, unless you've a lot of content that covers all possibilities, you'll have to do one of two things. Remove the Maxis blocker or mod things so that you do have everything covered.

5 Wealth types? Aren't there $, $$ or $$$ = 3 wealth types?

Considering the wealth and density combinations as a whole I do understand that growth wants to expand step by step. For each subsequent wealth or density level must be lots to take in these places or the game will stagnate and not be able to grow up to a certain wealth/stage level. My bet that this is a considerable part causing me issues if not the point altogether.
I expected this is why many of my installed lots wouldn't grow which is the reason why I continued downloading every lot available on the LEX and many on the STEX also because I knew I likely had a missing stage/density level lot still required. The mod author doesn't really hand over these statistics in their often lengthy readme files or links so I should always test them.

However, the point is that none of the buildings I have downloaded cover the wealth/density gaps required I need to fill. Otherwise I would have my medium zoning filled by now. I assume that a 15 year old community with hundreds of mods in the lotting area of the repository would have at least one version of wealth/density building available. So I find it mysterious that none of the downloads I dragged into my plugin folder will actually work.

Question 1 Also I'm a bit lost about the actualities considering a certain aspect of CAM.
I cannot find statistics online about what stages from 1-15 are low, medium or high density. So if I download a stage 5 medium density building will it then fill stage 5 demand in the game with CAM installed or will that lot fill another higher stage level?

Question 2: Is it even possible to block all maxis buildings and have every one of the cam stages covered in the residential department with the custom content online? I've seen let's plays and city showcases of CAM users online that showcase a wide variety of medium density custom content. Maybe they still mix with default maxis buildings which themselves are gap fillers I might require also.

Should I even continue searching for them all? What's your take on that?

Question 3: If not, then can I block certain maxis buildings based on density levels, stages or maybe single handedly with reader so I can still block the maxis lots I want blocked. I really need the blocker for other stages.
For example, many of the custom low density residential buildings get either mixed or even overwritten with default maxis buildings if I don't use the blocker, which is why I use it in the first place.

This is the blocker by the way. https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/16393-block-all-maxis-buildings-by-dusktrooper/

I use this blocker and as the mod description says, it blocks I, C, R in $, $$ or $$$ depending on which .dat files are dragged in the plugin folder. If there's a similar mod but that blocks certain buildings based on density or stages I could satisfy myself. As it so happens, I'm not particularly distasteful about the default medium density apartments maxis offers, at least to a lesser extend then the variety of low and high density lots available in vanilla.

Thorx21

Issue 1 is partly solved.

I removed half of the BSC props in the BSC folders booted up Sc4 then swapped half of the props back in, start sc4 again, dragged other props backs in and out while restarting sc4 everytime to navigate my way to the file responsible for the tree coverage.

I eventually found the prop pack adding the trees, but there were other trees still so there's another pack somewhere. I basically have 2 maybe even 3 sets of trees but now it kinda looks ok to me with one of the tree packs missing.

What amazes me is that the prop pack adding the wild tree coverage was "BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01"
This is a prop pack that is part of many of the dependency lists.
But I don't understand why. It's not a dependency its a addition for as far as I can tell. Install it and you have trees, leave it out and you don't have trees, simple as that. So why is it listed as a dependency then :-[ when it's clearly something optional.
I should take even more time to figure out what actual content I'm installing because clearly author and end user (me) have different opinions about that is considered a dependency.

edit:
all CP 01 does is rerendering the trees. The unrendered trees are just smaller, they're still there in less variety. I'm still going to look for them to see if I can find them.

Ok, so I figured it out, it is CP 01 and CP 02. But removing CP 02 gives brown boxes so it are definitely dependencies.
Just for clarification, you want me to change this >

I need some confirmation because there are about several hundred trees in the .dat file and I will only know if it works if I change a large portion of them for it to be visible in the city view since the tree variety is so huge.

Oh, and thanks so far for getting me in the proper direction.

art128

Before you go and meddle with dat files and possibly break your game, why don't you try to disable the shadows? it helps a lot with performance issues specially at higher zooms. Here is how you can do it. I never play with shadows on, it takes too much performance even with my 16 cores/32GB ram computer. I only activate them when I'm taking pictures to show the world.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Thorx21

Quote from: art128 on May 03, 2018, 02:10:13 AM
Before you go and meddle with dat files and possibly break your game, why don't you try to disable the shadows? it helps a lot with performance issues specially at higher zooms. Here is how you can do it. I never play with shadows on, it takes too much performance even with my 16 cores/32GB ram computer. I only activate them when I'm taking pictures to show the world.

A well deserved like.

That trick worked and immensely sped up my simulation rate time which wasn't that slow to begin with as I also have a 16 core processor, not that much RAM though.

fresh from the graphics rules.sgr

Quote# Sadly, we have no off
Big lol haha.

edit: I'm not worried about my game breaking at all. I already used reader to change several .dat files and I make backups of all the folders and files I may change or alter. I already came across a few game breaking errors in the past 2 weeks and I had always a reserve backup of the files I moved or changed.

fantozzi

Quote from: Thorx21 on May 02, 2018, 11:47:06 PM

Considering the wealth and density combinations as a whole I do understand that growth wants to expand step by step. For each subsequent wealth or density level must be lots to take in these places or the game will stagnate and not be able to grow up to a certain wealth/stage level. My bet that this is a considerable part causing me issues if not the point altogether.
I expected this is why many of my installed lots wouldn't grow which is the reason why I continued downloading every lot available on the LEX and many on the STEX also because I knew I likely had a missing stage/density level lot still required. The mod author doesn't really hand over these statistics in their often lengthy readme files or links so I should always test them.

However, the point is that none of the buildings I have downloaded cover the wealth/density gaps required I need to fill. Otherwise I would have my medium zoning filled by now. I assume that a 15 year old community with hundreds of mods in the lotting area of the repository would have at least one version of wealth/density building available. So I find it mysterious that none of the downloads I dragged into my plugin folder will actually work.

Question 1 Also I'm a bit lost about the actualities considering a certain aspect of CAM.
I cannot find statistics online about what stages from 1-15 are low, medium or high density. So if I download a stage 5 medium density building will it then fill stage 5 demand in the game with CAM installed or will that lot fill another higher stage level?

One could say: with zone density it is controlled the aspect on the spacial axis, with grow stages on the time axis. So on each grow stage you can have high density on the central city and low density on the suburbia f.e. Density is defined as Sims per tile. Now if you have a closer look on this table:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1987.0
You'll see (first entry), there can't be more than 0,9 R$$$ per tile on stage 2. These are the values for the CAM. If you download many lots/buildings not made for the CAM of course it may happen you get a gap somewhere, where's no lot/building fitting the requirements (stats). The requirements are that density and grow stage have to correspond, otherwise chances are high, the lot will grow like weeds or not at all. The grow stage of a lots is a fixed value and won't change dynamically when using CAM. So if you download a stage 5 lot that has the stats of stage 3 because of not specified for CAM) it may not grow and you will have to change it manually using pim-x f.e. Grow stage and zone density is defined in the lot exemplar and they are fixed values - but the effective density is a result of the bat, the lod size and the amount of sims that goes in there, the capacity. So if you put a skyscraper on a grow stage 1 lot - it won't give the result that skyscrapers grow on stage one - because the density per tile doesn't fit the limits of the grow stages. This way it's controlled that only buildings of a certain size will grow at the beginning and later bigger structures will appear.   

Question 2: Is it even possible to block all maxis buildings and have every one of the cam stages covered in the residential department with the custom content online? I've seen let's plays and city showcases of CAM users online that showcase a wide variety of medium density custom content. Maybe they still mix with default maxis buildings which themselves are gap fillers I might require also.

Many city designers plop most of their lots. Also they work with a technique of removing and adding plugins in combination with maxis blockers. F.e. you could start without the blockers when starting the city, so on grow stage 1 to 3, only maxis buildings would grow. Then you put the maxis blocker in and add a single specific residential building for grow stage 4. And then you zoom a certain area. So you run the game and as there is only one single building for level 4 in the plugin folder only this will grow on next level. And so on. So you use the blockers temporarily to get certain effects. You control what is growing by changing your plugin folder.

Should I even continue searching for them all? What's your take on that?

Well, yes, this can bee very time consuming. It's a question how you organize your plugin folder, how you organize yourself. Basically you don't need that much downloads as you can adjust the  bats, make R$$ and R$$$, create mssing lots yourself and missing stages from a single model, use families etc. It's more like building up your own private library. A task of planning and organizing. If you find a method to keep overview over your plugin folder it isn't that difficult. It is certainly possible.

Question 3: If not, then can I block certain maxis buildings based on density levels, stages or maybe single handedly with reader so I can still block the maxis lots I want blocked. I really need the blocker for other stages.
For example, many of the custom low density residential buildings get either mixed or even overwritten with default maxis buildings if I don't use the blocker, which is why I use it in the first place.

This is the blocker by the way. https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/16393-block-all-maxis-buildings-by-dusktrooper/

I use this blocker and as the mod description says, it blocks I, C, R in $, $$ or $$$ depending on which .dat files are dragged in the plugin folder. If there's a similar mod but that blocks certain buildings based on density or stages I could satisfy myself. As it so happens, I'm not particularly distasteful about the default medium density apartments maxis offers, at least to a lesser extend then the variety of low and high density lots available in vanilla.

There are different methods to block a building from growth:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6810.msg215927#msg215927
https://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/62825-blocking-certain-maxis-buildings/

Also to remember: depended where you place your blocker in your plugin folder (load order) it may block also custom lots that work as overrides of maxis lots (same TGI) or may not block. F.e. -if you put the blocker after the CAM it will block also all CAM-modifications on the maxis buildings.

Thorx21

Quote from: fantozzi on May 04, 2018, 10:13:46 AM
One could say: with zone density it is controlled the aspect on the spacial axis, with grow stages on the time axis. So on each grow stage you can have high density on the central city and low density on the suburbia f.e. Density is defined as Sims per tile. Now if you have a closer look on this table:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1987.0
You'll see (first entry), there can't be more than 0,9 R$$$ per tile on stage 2. These are the values for the CAM. If you download many lots/buildings not made for the CAM of course it may happen you get a gap somewhere, where's no lot/building fitting the requirements (stats). The requirements are that density and grow stage have to correspond, otherwise chances are high, the lot will grow like weeds or not at all. The grow stage of a lots is a fixed value and won't change dynamically when using CAM. So if you download a stage 5 lot that has the stats of stage 3 because of not specified for CAM) it may not grow and you will have to change it manually using pim-x f.e. Grow stage and zone density is defined in the lot exemplar and they are fixed values - but the effective density is a result of the bat, the lod size and the amount of sims that goes in there, the capacity. So if you put a skyscraper on a grow stage 1 lot - it won't give the result that skyscrapers grow on stage one - because the density per tile doesn't fit the limits of the grow stages. This way it's controlled that only buildings of a certain size will grow at the beginning and later bigger structures will appear. 

First of all, thanks for your detailed answer.

I've seen the table but now that you've put it as you did I see how certain non camified stage buildings can block growth on any of all stages if not a secondary lot at the same stage exists to take its place.
There's a good chance I've ran into this issue with certain lots I tried to use already. But I can tell you that I've continued experimenting with a variety of lots the past few days and I finally broke through a potential blockade that stagnated my growth and in all likelihood that what you describe was the issue all along.

Now it seems I have plenty of stage 4-7 midrise buildings that work. I literally ploughed through all the 226 pages on the STEX and all the "residential" categorized buildings on the LEX and I now have a healthy amount of stage 4 through 15 residential and commerce buildings available. Many of these buildings have readme files. Those that are stage 9-15 are always campatible so I stored these files seperately as I know they'll work.

Of the stage 4-8 buildings I'm unsure. Many uploaders like i.e. barbyw, ks_jpn, bixel or mattb325 are notorious for their CAMified uploads. Even their stage 4-8 buildings are often described to work with CAM. The readme of other uploaders often describe only to work with SC4D Deluxe or Rush hour only but then when I tried anyway some of those do also work in CAM.

I have a issue with this. Are there any clues as to how to figure out what buildings will or wont work stage 4-8 (or 1-8 actually).
I believe I had read somewhere some time ago that many mods after a certain date are more likely to work with cam, or that BATs created with a particular program besides some other program would usually work with CAM but my search effort failed to find the fact about this, maybe you can clarify.

Many city designers plop most of their lots. Also they work with a technique of removing and adding plugins in combination with maxis blockers. F.e. you could start without the blockers when starting the city, so on grow stage 1 to 3, only maxis buildings would grow. Then you put the maxis blocker in and add a single specific residential building for grow stage 4. And then you zoom a certain area. So you run the game and as there is only one single building for level 4 in the plugin folder only this will grow on next level. And so on. So you use the blockers temporarily to get certain effects. You control what is growing by changing your plugin folder.

I plop them to, normally. Not all the lots are actually ploppable. But I clearly have issue with stage 4-8 and what I described in answer to the first quote is that some non CAMified building blocked any of the stage levels. So in practice it's probably exactly what you have described, I can't think about any other reason myself but obviously changing with other downloaded content has worked to grow these lots.
I also use the other method of swapping buildings in and out the plugin folder. But I think I did do this to wildly, to many at once, potentially forgetting a certain stage level or otherwise occupied with a maxis stage that didn't fill in the proper stage or density gap.

Well, yes, this can bee very time consuming. It's a question how you organize your plugin folder, how you organize yourself. Basically you don't need that much downloads as you can adjust the  bats, make R$$ and R$$$, create mssing lots yourself and missing stages from a single model, use families etc. It's more like building up your own private library. A task of planning and organizing. If you find a method to keep overview over your plugin folder it isn't that difficult. It is certainly possible.

It was a mess when I first started. But I quikly realized I couldn't handle much of the file disorder so I've archived every file and made my own folder tree where the lots are named with the author of the mod. A copy of many of the lots also seperated into all types of industry, commerce and residential wealth levels. Models and prop packs seperated by author. So far I've been able to find most of them on my own harddrive and link to the author pages to quikly find all dependencies and readme's required.

It's still challenging sometimes to find a few things but it isn't to bad.
I haven't familiarized myself in the area of bating and making my own stuff though. Even if I can do it with a single model I still don't know where to start with this. Maybe I'll add it to my to do list so if you could briefly direct me where to learn on how to do these things myself I'd be much obliged.

There are different methods to block a building from growth:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6810.msg215927#msg215927
https://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/62825-blocking-certain-maxis-buildings/

Also to remember: depended where you place your blocker in your plugin folder (load order) it may block also custom lots that work as overrides of maxis lots (same TGI) or may not block. F.e. -if you put the blocker after the CAM it will block also all CAM-modifications on the maxis buildings.

I'll dive into this. Seems I have something do this sunday :)
There are a few CAM buildings that are reworks or remodels of maxis buildings. So using the blocker these will stop from growing also?
But what then if I put the blocker in a folder name (AAA). That should solve it right?
I think the best thing to try is learn how to block them one by one, it seems the above links can learn me in how to do this.

Thanks!