• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esto

Quote from: Tarkus on August 16, 2014, 02:43:31 AM
It's possible there's some other corruption in the city save file.  That can sometimes happen with older cities that you've played awhile, unfortunately.  Additionally, if there's proximity to transit enabled lots, that crash-to-desktop is the oldest one in the book.  The presence of MHWs isn't going to make the RHW turn up its nose and crash.

Thanks!  I deleted some of the inevitable brown boxes and was able to place starters no problem.  Now when I place RHW curves it immediately CTD.  Weird.

Kitsune

I got a suggestion: any road/ave crossing the RHW instead of defaulting to nothing defaults to the 7.5m overpass. It would prolly save a fair bit of code and give us the ability to do compact interchanges again.
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Quote from: Kitsune on August 21, 2014, 02:26:38 PM
I got a suggestion: any road/ave crossing the RHW instead of defaulting to nothing defaults to the 7.5m overpass. It would prolly save a fair bit of code and give us the ability to do compact interchanges again.

The issue is that different RHWs have different levels of access control.  The ground RHW-2 and MIS support all at-grades, and the RHW-3 and RHW-4 support some (Roads, but not Avenues).  We'd also have to deal with potential interference in the case of 15m setups.  The best solution is just to get the viaduct adjacency code solid.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Actually, there's no MIS-street support IIRC. But if you want to add it, go right ahead.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Quote from: Wiimeiser on August 22, 2014, 12:15:48 AM
Actually, there's no MIS-street support IIRC. But if you want to add it, go right ahead.

Had forgotten about that one.  Don't know that there's really any need for a Street intersection, though . . . it had been discussed back in the RHW 2.0 days, but we decided against it.  Ditto with RHW-4/Avenue at-grades.

-Alex

Kitsune

see my question is with all the improvements  is this type of really tight intersection going to be possible? Right now its converting to a ground base ave x rhw-6s:

~ NAM Team Member

Durfsurn

Lots of close, compact interchanges aren't possible yet due to the massive amount of adjacency code all the various networks need.
In NAM 33, there is a big push to stabilise this kind of stuff by the team ;)

-Billy

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Kitsune on August 22, 2014, 01:55:22 PM
see my question is with all the improvements  is this type of really tight intersection going to be possible? Right now its converting to a ground base ave x rhw-6s:

Something to bear in mind is that because of how the MIS height transition overlaps with the RHW-6S, they technically weren't meant to be that close to one another. Ideally, you'd have a one-tile space between the MIS and the RHW-6S anyway, and if you were dealing with elevated Type A1/D1 Ramps (and other similar ramp interfaces involving an RHW-6S mainline, such as the 8S Type A2, 10S Type D2, and 10S Type C3 ramps), that'd be the case as well. This is basically part of the reason there has never been a Type A1 Ramp for any of the elevated RHW-6Ses, because of how the MIS and 6S shoulders would overlap (the ideal ramp interface to include for that would have to be a Type A1 Wide).
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

fafalone

You're just talking about 7.5m right? Because the 15m ave x rhw6s interchange is already possible, just a little tricky.

zimmie

Quote from: fafalone on August 28, 2014, 10:34:50 AM

You're just talking about 7.5m right? Because the 15m ave x rhw6s interchange is already possible, just a little tricky.

Not an answer to the original question... but here is one more option.

Tarkus

That particular option should, theoretically, be more stable (ground RHW-4 is one of the more stable networks), and avoids the overhang issue.

-Alex

zimmie

That initial setup works with the 7.5M draggable road overpass. Although I don't know how he got the 8S ramps so close to the flex-height ramps.
That part wouldn't work for me.

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: riiga on August 07, 2014, 03:16:18 AM
Just wanted to let RHW users know that I've just released a modified version of my RHW-4 toll booth for the RHW-6S. Available on the STEX. I think it's the first working toll booth for the network.

(Also comes with American textures)

The idea is OK, but I have a pair of critique:

• The lot is asymmetrical and in real life the toll booths are a unique strip of building on the carriageways.
  • If you make the building specular, you could use it for the LHD version.
  • You can make only the RHW-10 section, so the gamers can make custom carriageways.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Durfsurn

Quote from: zimmie on August 29, 2014, 07:28:29 PM
Although I don't know how he got the 8S ramps so close to the flex-height ramps. That part wouldn't work for me.
I would guess either Flex Ramps or Draggable Ramps :)

-Billy

EDIT:
Quote from: vinlabsc3k on September 04, 2014, 07:21:34 AM
The lot is asymmetrical and in real life the toll booths are a unique strip of building on the carriageways.

Then you couldn't have it one tile apart for instance. Or in conjunction with the RHW-4 one :)

compdude787

Quote from: Durfsurn on September 04, 2014, 07:41:14 AM
Quote from: zimmie on August 29, 2014, 07:28:29 PM
Although I don't know how he got the 8S ramps so close to the flex-height ramps. That part wouldn't work for me.
I would guess either Flex Ramps or Draggable Ramps :)

Yeah, the nice thing with FlexRamps is that they can be closer to other Flex pieces (like the FlexHT transition) or other puzzle pieces because they don't have that one-tile stub on either end.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

jdenm8

The lot is asymmetrical and in real life the toll booths are a unique strip of building on the carriageways.

Not always. There was a tollbooth relatively near me, the Loganlea Road Toll Plaza on the Gateway Motorway, that had two separate buildings that didn't line up. They're certainly less common, but they do still exist.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

CahosRahneVeloza

Just a question regarding Riiga's toll booth models, I know this isn't RHW related exactly but seeing as he presented these here as well I thought to ask my question here as well. Also I asked this on the comments section of his download over at the STEX but have yet to receive an answer. Anyway my question is, does the model have night lights, because when I switch into night time mode (I usually keep the game on day light mode when building stuff) the toll booth model doesn't light up?

compdude787

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on September 04, 2014, 11:07:41 AM
Just a question regarding Riiga's toll booth models, I know this isn't RHW related exactly but seeing as he presented these here as well I thought to ask my question here as well. Also I asked this on the comments section of his download over at the STEX but have yet to receive an answer. Anyway my question is, does the model have night lights, because when I switch into night time mode (I usually keep the game on day light mode when building stuff) the toll booth model doesn't light up?

I suppose you could slap some lights next to it from Mandelsoft's Light Replacement mod and call it macaroni. Or load the toll booth up in LE and plop some lights in. But this wouldn't fix the issue with the toll booth itself not lighting up, but that's really something Riiga would have to fix himself.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

APSMS

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 04, 2014, 08:32:35 AM
Not always. There was a tollbooth relatively near me, the Loganlea Road Toll Plaza on the Gateway Motorway, that had two separate buildings that didn't line up. They're certainly less common, but they do still exist.
To agree with jdenm8, BAM; the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor. Been through that one probably around 300 times over the last 15 years. Definitely not a set of buildings, and certainly not symmetrical.

I know English is probably not your strong suit, but it might be better to phrase your critiques less strongly, esp. when the stuff is made for free and based probably on RL examples not in your region.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

riiga

The images shows two lots side by side. The lot is just one side for maximum flexibility.

If you make the building specular, you could use it for the LHD version.
I pretty much only need to flip the model and flip back some textures for the LHD version, but that takes time and requires setting up gMax etc again. The reason I made the RHW-6S version in the first place was that I figured out a way to do it by just changing road textures and other stuff that I can easily do without editing the model.

You can make only the RHW-10 section, so the gamers can make custom carriageways.
?

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on September 04, 2014, 11:07:41 AM
No nightlights. I never use the night mode and I'm not that good a BATer to know how to make them.