• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

No, for stubs you add Optional tiles. Have a look at how some of the other PPs do it.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Durfsurn

I'm having this problem.

Since I can't use the farhw-6 as a decent template for the geometry how do you NAMites line it up?

vinlabsc3k

I'm drooling for the new develop. &apls
I can't wait!! &hlp
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Death50

Are there any transitions or something for LVL 4 RHW? I found the transitions for 0 - 3 but not level 4.

isii94

That's what flex transitions are for.
Plop a 2 level transition and drag a level 2 network into the lower end to get a level 4 network on the other end.
MD coming soon...

Durfsurn

&apls

Excellent work Alex! Now all we need is a L4 FlexCurve over a L3 over an L2 over an L1 over a L0 Flex curve and you're done  $%Grinno$%

Just wondering - how many lines of RUL2 code for every rotation and tile overlap for instance a L2 over L1 FlexFly stack would there be?

-Billy

Tarkus

Quote from: Durfsurn on August 06, 2014, 01:37:36 AM
Just wondering - how many lines of RUL2 code for every rotation and tile overlap for instance a L2 over L1 FlexFly stack would there be?

I don't know the exact figure, but I do know for certain that it'd be an absurdly high figure (hundreds of thousands of lines :o), especially if you were to add adjacency support for other RHW crossings in the midst of the FLEXFly-over-FLEXFly setup.

-Alex

riiga

Just wanted to let RHW users know that I've just released a modified version of my RHW-4 toll booth for the RHW-6S. Available on the STEX. I think it's the first working toll booth for the network.

(Also comes with American textures)

figui

woow, thanks riiga,  :thumbsup:

(although i think the lanes should be much longer...)
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

CasperVg

I really like those tollbooths. Thanks a lot, riiga :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Bipin

Those toll booths are tasty! I'd like some in my cities for sure.

cmdp123789

Quote from: riiga on August 07, 2014, 03:16:18 AM
Just wanted to let RHW users know that I've just released a modified version of my RHW-4 toll booth for the RHW-6S. Available on the STEX. I think it's the first working toll booth for the network.

Would it be possible to release a LHD version? And for the 4RHW version too.. They look awesome, and it would be great to have them for both versions.  &apls

riiga

Quote from: cmdp123789 on August 08, 2014, 07:28:41 AM
Would it be possible to release a LHD version? And for the 4RHW version too.. They look awesome, and it would be great to have them for both versions.  &apls
Not in the near future as that would require changing the model and re-rendering it, which I don't have the time or patience to do at the moment.

pierrebaptiste

Very good Riga  &apls

It's an exellent project  ;)

You can add way on your model ?

For exemple like the mine 10 or 12 ways of toll booth

APSMS

Quote from: riiga on August 07, 2014, 03:16:18 AM

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to have something for my larger RHWs (I almost never use the RHW-4 in such a fashion, mostly for rural roadways, so something for those larger tollways is nice).

I know time is limited on your end (and the age-old adage of doing something yourself if you want it), but would it be possible to make a version w/o the HOV/TAG lane? I usually set up tollroads like So-Cal, where our HOV/FasTrak lanes are completely separated at the toll interchange (i.e. toll takes one branch, HOV takes another, and they converge shortly after the toll collection point).

If not, that's fine, just wondered if it was easy for you to do, and it couldn't hurt to ask. Obviously my request is a bit specific.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

riiga

Quote from: APSMS on August 11, 2014, 02:21:13 PM
I know time is limited on your end (and the age-old adage of doing something yourself if you want it), but would it be possible to make a version w/o the HOV/TAG lane?
The text "TAG" and the red pavement isn't present in the American textures, but to separate the electronic toll entirely would require remodelling and re-rendering the model.

APSMS

Ah. I was aware of American texture differences, but I hadn't realized that the electronic toll gantry was part of the main model.

No problem then. Thanks for the rest of it!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

esto

Quick question -

I loaded up an old city (probably 2-3 years ago at least) and when I place a RHW starter piece the game immediately crashes to desktop.  This is on the filled out maps, so there is lots of old default maxis highways and interchanges.  I have no issue bulldozing all this if this is the problem.

I do not have this issue on other maps in the region - which have a lot less development.

Thoughts?  Thanks in advance!

Tarkus

It's possible there's some other corruption in the city save file.  That can sometimes happen with older cities that you've played awhile, unfortunately.  Additionally, if there's proximity to transit enabled lots, that crash-to-desktop is the oldest one in the book.  The presence of MHWs isn't going to make the RHW turn up its nose and crash.

On another note . . . just because FLEX-OnSlopes couldn't do something well in NAM 32 doesn't mean that'll still be the case in NAM 33.

That's a top priority for this cycle.

-Alex