• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

Whoa, Alex!  Those ramps just scream for one of these:

Giggity.

grbac

Great starter pieces Alex, hope you'll put that what's in you head in the game as well. Superb work on those FLUPs Vince. Thanks for replying.

jmvl

This is a great Puzzle Piece, Alex! This would be very useful. :thumbsup:

By the way, I'm looking forward to the textures for my new Puzzle Pieces, so that I can create my two other Puzzle Pieces. I hope they will be ready soon, but don't hurry. Maybe it's a good idea to let me by Personal Messages know about any process. Thanks in the advance.

j-dub

Wow. Some more exit only lanes. I know some people who needed those. I happened to go over an interstate today on my bicycle and noticed that much lanes where eventually the 5 lanes ended to ramps.
And Ryan, your not going Quagmire on us here, are you?

Ryan B.

Quote from: j-dub on April 17, 2009, 06:43:58 PM
And burgsabre, your not going Quagmire on us here, are you?

Like Quagmire, you never know what I'm going to do next.   :P

Everyone - please call me Ryan, by the way.   :)  Thanks!

jeronij

Please, keep the discussion focused in topic. Thank you.

The non discussion related posts has been moved here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7615.0
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Pat

Vince I truly enjoyed seeing the RHW FLUP  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

XL2007

I don't know if you have this in the pipeline already, but it would be awesome to see a Maxis Ground Highway to RHW 6C transition piece.

Right now, I have to go from MGH to RHW-4 to RHW-6C.  :'(

j-dub

I absolutely agree. A lot of others are stuck that way too. You would not be the first to be in dire need of such a transition. Instead of what your saying about having to go RHW-4 between, which is no sense to me, instead I have used the on slope Maxis highway piece, then chopped off the slop at the end of the ground highway, so that the RHW-6 starter piece can go next to it. The cars will use it then. In my case its not as bad looking, since I don't have to deal with those narrow Maxis walls, and have shoulders for both ground and rural highways, but there still are the paths that are not exactly the same on the ends when the two highway types meet up. Considering how Maxis Ground has had re-texturing that at least the new Euro version looks like the Euro RHW, a transition is more then necessary. Someone did try to model such a piece before, but only time will tell if this is possible. With what has been done already, you know it could.

MandelSoft

Yeah, it was me that modeled the MHW-RHW-6S piece before, but I have no idea how to put it in-game. Here are some posts about the subject:

Quote from: mrtnrln on June 29, 2008, 01:32:13 AM
Wow, a pic of the El-RHW  &apls

Can you do something about this transition (you see the HRS mod on the right with SA textures, thats just maxit highway)

Quote from: mrtnrln on August 25, 2008, 05:43:15 AM
Well, here you have one (My first gMax transit model! It took me only 20 minutes to make it.):

I've attached the model itself at the bottom of the post. And it does have all the requirements of a transit model (less than 500 polygons, divided in 16x16m pieces), except I don't know how to render a True3D in gMax. Maybe this can be usefull for the RHW.

I hope you'll like it!
Maarten

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

KoV Liberty

Hey uh... Are ther going to be any RHW EL-6c, 6s, 8, and 10? And also could it be possible to HAVE A RHW 6-10 turn all the way to the right or left? Because mine only goes to the left/right and then can only go back to the right/left.

Driftmaster

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

TEG24601

Any plans for RHW-6S to RHW-6C?  Or I am just blind in finding such a transition?

Tarkus

Double post. ::)  I think this is merited.

Attached below is an RHW Version 3.23 patch, which fixes the Diagonal Road-over-Diagonal RHW-4 puzzle pieces.  The Elevated Road paths were both going the same direction. 

All the fixes from the 3.22 patch are included, so if you didn't download 3.22, you'll be fine just getting 3.23.  And if you had 3.22, it won't really matter whether or not you remove it.

Just unzip to your Network Addon Mod\Rural Highway Mod folder.

Thanks to ramseyazad for finding this issue!

-Alex

Korot

CaptCity

Yes, Tarkus, thank you. Seems to have fixed the issue.  &apls

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

KoV Liberty

Thankyou! Also could you make a RHW 8-6 Transition with a RHW MIS ramp? And same thing for a RHW 10-8 Transition?

Driftmaster07

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Blue Lightning

Hmm, it seems there's another path related bug. The monorail over RHW6C Median tile has no paths.

Anyhoo,
Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project