• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Aurora-The Gallery

Started by Frankie, April 12, 2007, 04:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie

Welcome to Aurora, a random region of networked cities. Rather than an official story, or some kinda of description, I'm just gonna cut to the chase, and throw out some screenies:

Just random shots, I'd like to hear some feedback  ;)

....It's great not having to read a lot, ain't it?  :P

Bongoswimp

Wonderful eyecandy that is Frankie. &apls

Maybe some photoshopping on some of those pics and you can easily challenge the participants of "SC4 picture competition". ;)
I'm the Knight of Spamalot
And I like to push the pram a lot

sEAhAwk fAn121

It looks like Atlanta!!!!  :P but it looks amazing... sweet eyecandy ya got there  &apls &apls

meinhosen

Quote from: Bongoswimp on April 12, 2007, 05:39:06 PM
Wonderful eyecandy that is Frankie. &apls

Maybe some photoshopping on some of those pics and you can easily challenge the participants of "SC4 picture competition". ;)

I agree completely with Bongoswimp.  Either way, you might want to consider entering one of those into the picture competition (particularly the 1st, 2nd and 4th pics).

Great work!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

jayo

Nice one ;) quinticentually american(hm did i spell that right) Well no time to look at a dictionary :P Anyways  your cj is very nicely done  :thumbsup:
I'm back

pickled_pig

Great pictures and excellent custom content, but a brief thought on realism:

It's very unlikely that in RL, your downtown area is going to be surrounded by so much woodland and contemporary sprawl.  If you put a bit of work into creating various levels of transition from downtown to sprawl (i.e. inner city, decaying industrial core, pre-1940s suburbs, etc..) this could easily be one of the best realistic American cities on SC4D.

To keep the criticism at a constructive level, I'll point out your amazingly realistic downtown area - you capture the spirit of modern American cities (Charlotte, for example :) ) very nicely.

Frankie

Well, I guess I should update (I suppose you know by now I am a fairly informal CJer, but that's ok, right? Schedules and planned updates are just not my style).

i'd like to make some replies first:

Bongoswimp & meinhosen: I dunno, I play for fun not contest.. (no offense of course)

sEAhAwk fAn121: Atlanta is a little bit more Northernized than the city in this pic, but thanks!

jayo: thanks! of course, i don't go for a specific style, I just liked the way this city looks :P

pickled_pig: Thanks for the advice. I actually based this style (not a re-creation) on that of Augusta, GA . Most of the city is historical, so the skyline is on the rim of 'downtown' rather than actually in it. With this 'hanging' skyline style, the modern sprawly stuff springs up close to the city center. And strict zoning laws leave very large plots of woodland downtown (search Atlanta on Google, a skyline surrounded by nothing but trees). Anyway, thanks for the advice!

Alright, now for an 'update'

(sorry this update is lacking true quality, but i promise better pics to come)

dioangel

very nice building strategies!  &apls can't wait for more.  :thumbsup:

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

guurgkud

that is very nice. love the mix of green with concrete. very beautiful.  &smrt
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

emilin

Another EXCELLENT journal started. I found myself staring at those pictures over and over again. This is really, really, really good.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

mjig_dudy

Ah... Its lovely to see you get a CJ going Frankie  :thumbsup:

All these images are all lovely... Having never been to the U.S. I don't know much about what cities are 'meant' to look like, but from what i know this looks very realistic.

My favorite out of all these pictures has to be thrid one in your first post. The way thew city sprawls looks very realistic.

Keep it up the excellent pictures.  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Aurora looks great so far, Frankie! I just got caught up with both updates, and I must say that your building style is excellent. Like someone poineted out earlier, I love the mix of buildings and development alongside so many parks and wooded areas. Keep up the good work, my friend, and I'll be waiting for the next update!

Frankie

Well, this is not a formal update, just a little teaser, formal replies and update soon:

(row cropping :) )

thundercrack83

Great teaser, Frankie! Can't wait to see the next full update!

dioangel

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

guurgkud

hehe... looking forward to the update!
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

Badsim

Hi Frankie ,

Great start and work so far ... :thumbsup:
Sure I'll come back for the updates to come . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

pickled_pig

Those previous two pictures were amazing and look like they could be of actual places.  I'll be looking forward to whenever the real update comes.

-aaron

Frankie

Well, i lost and got back my plugins folder, but I am afraid to open the city i was gonna use to update with..however, I did start on something that may be of interest:

Interested? :P

btw, this is no where near complete, just showing the starting ..

thundercrack83

Looking good, there, Frankie! You've even got the power lines in there! Can't wait to see more!