• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Neo Byzantinian Empire of Stropon

Started by Strechnitz, April 11, 2007, 12:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

Ooooooh! *evil grin*

Delightfully devious Hubert! And I absolutely love your utilisation of Erwin Olaf's work in your sinister banners!  &apls &apls
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

kwakelaar

Seems we will have a slight change of direction for this MD, we are all eagerly awaiting the next chapter. $%#Ninj2

Emperor Stormont

Quote from: kwakelaar on October 29, 2007, 02:28:08 PM
Seems we will have a slight change of direction for this MD, we are all eagerly awaiting the next chapter. $%#Ninj2

OMG I think that may be an understatement.

As I mentioned in the SCJU a very very interesting and intriguing storyline and the use of Erwin Olarf is to be congratulated, he is a very very talented artist/photography, I love his Fashion Victim images, simply wonderful. Looking forward to seeing this progress *evil smile*  ;)

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Strechnitz

Wow. it is nice to see such reactions. I'll try to update the RB&R at least every week. apart from that the normal updates like you were used will continue as well.

Serkanner Oh, how profetic your words are my friend. ;D

M4346 I am very glad that you like it my friend. and thereare a few surprises around the corner.

Kwakelaarslight change yes, but many that is already here or will be showcased in the near future in regular updates will be intertwined in the storylines.

BelfastuniguyI am glad that you like the first episode. And about Erwin Olaf, naturally you "like" his Fashion Victims" images. they have that 'je ne sais quoi'type of lure ;)

"Yes it is me. Lord High Chancellor. How is the weather in our beloved capital?"
"Please lord Kwelheim, I am not in the mood for social talk at this time of night. Has your lobbying yielded its reward?"

"Indeed it has. I have just received an internal communiqué that the SCJU Senate has favoured our bid for the OPEUM headquarters. As soon as the builders are ready the whole administrative circus will be flown in. The Press will get hold of it tomorrow."
"Wonderful news Lord Kwellheim, the Empire is grateful. And I never forget a promis. You are on the shortlist for the next ambassador to the SCJU. A very lucrative post now that we have decided to apply for a full membership of the union."

Lord Kwellheim, the Stroponian permanent secretary to the OPEUM swelled with pride on the other side of the line. In a hoarse voice he familiarly replied. "Oh thank you Freddy, I'm suddenly looking forward to lord Bosingers retirement."
"ha ha, alright Freddy Kwellheim. We'll have a drink next time I set foot in the SCJU building. Well it is time for me to call it a day here. Good night!" answered the Lord High Chancellor and the two Fredericks hung up the phone.

Outside the High Chancellery his chauffeured car awaited him. The chauffeur drove down from citadel hill into the bustling capital city. Outside the old city centre the car steered onto the Avenue of the Colonies. The main artery of the Jubilee quarter a 19th century quarter built around the large centennial park to celebrate Stropons 400th anniversary in 1872. A part of the city that houses the new OPEUM HQ but also the Chancellors official residence.

Arriving at the gates of the stately mansion the car had to wait as the guards were arresting a few vagrants who had tried to find shelter under the rich foliage of the garden.  "What's the matter Armand?" Asked The Lord High Chancellor looking up from his papers on the back seat. "Security is dealing with some homeless milord. But you will be home in a second. The guards have rounded up the rabble."
"Oh good, this day has been to long to be bothered with such nuisances." Once he had entered the house his trusted butler that awaited his master in the hall with a brandy, was the only thing that stood between him and his beckoning bed.

However on the other side of the globe in the American colony of Quitaniania a golden morning sun drove the darkness out of every nook and cranny. Kirschenthal plantation awoke from the nightly slumber. It was one of the largest and oldest plantations in Quitaniania. The last Count of Aderlitz who possessed it had to sell it in order to pay off his gambling debts in 1902. Since then it was the summer retreat in the colonies for the von Geizhals family. In the morning room overlooking the hills covered with the different citrus trees Jurren von Geizhals. Star baseball player and heir of the family corporation, met his father, Geizhals senior, the sly harbour baron.

"Good morning son. You are up early"
"Indeed father, good morning. Slept well?"
"Better than you did I think" Jurren looked at his father, frowning.  "Why do you say that?"
"Because I saw you sneeking back inside just now. You've spent the night on the other side... what are you looking for there anyway. It is bad for their working morale if you share the bed with their hussies"
The 'other side' meant the hamlet of small houses where the plantations workers and their families lived in brightly coloured hovels.

"I did not actually. I mean, it was not with one of the girls." Jurren answered defiantly.
"Don't even mention that!" Geizhals senior reacted sharply. "I wish not to be confronted with your personal tastes. And I will espescialy not have them mentioned in public!"
"Well tough luck father. I am a sportstar. The press will find out eventually. And it will be an easy guess when they start to wonder why their hallowed most eligible bachelor won't marry." With those words Jurren turned around and left his father in a gloomy state.

"Oh but you will marry sooner or later with some daft Baroness of my choosing my boy. Just you wait and see." Geizhals senior said more to himself now his son had left the cool marble room. Soon after the workers foreman entered to discuss the schedule of that day. As soon as it was time for breakfast the sun had risen in its full glory now and it already became hot and stuffy in the old palace...

To be continued.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

Serkanner

Wow! The suspense is killing me. This is worse the waiting for the next episode of LOST!   ;D

Great work again and some very nice pictures of some very nice estates.  :thumbsup:

sebes

Wow - 2 magnificient updates.... what a change in this MD. Anxiously loooking forward to the next update... %BUd%

:thumbsup: Great banner Strech!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Fantastic new update there, Strechnitz! :thumbsup: Looking forward to more...

Strechnitz

This story has quite a number of characters. Some will be very prominent others will have small parts in this story. Her you have a list with some very important ones. This way you know what kind of persons they are. Which will make the story easier to read when it grows. And this way I can keep the storyline more compact because don't need to put in elaborate character sketches in the story itself. The list shown is not complete. Some more will be added. But these are nice to start with.

Jerome Victor IV the Holy Byzantine Emperor of Stropon, king of Quitaniania, King of Nargoon et-cetera, et-cetera, is the last ruler of the von Fleigelreuth Dynasty. Despite is royal background and sheer unlimited power he maybe is the most normal person of the entire society circus. He may be old and may be fragile, but the old monarch still has life in him. What will he do with the time that he has left?

Lord Frits von Clauwenbach. Lord High Chancellor of the Realm. In other words the prime minister of Stropon. Freddy for his friends. He has held this office for over 20 years now. He is called the uncrowned king of Stropon in the corridors of power. There is little going on in the Empire without him knowing it. He is loved and trusted by the majority in all social classes although he is suspected to be tainted by to many scandals and cover-ups. Also Leader of the 'Claw' faction in society. A political movement (not party) that supports the opening of borders to the world.

Lord Maxim von Paufenfels Lord High Treasurer of the realm. He controls the expenditure of the government and the Imperial Court. Married to the daughter of the Viceroy of Nargoon, his grace Aysern Hain gives him good career perspectives once the old Emperor dies. He is also the leader of the "Paw" faction. The political movements that rather see the borders close again and have Stropon mind its own business. They also crave to reclaim Istanbul and rename her Constantinople, but then the Empire will have to trust her own military might first.

Lady Ottoline Princess Von Strasslomirov Beckenstein. Since the Emperor lost his dear wife a long time ago Stropon is empressless. therefore this jewel laden dragon has emerged as the Queen of the high society. Her network of ladies makes her very well informed on almost any subject that can't stand the light of day. Which makes her almost as wellinformed and perhaps dangerous as the head of the imperial secret police. And she won't cower away of some intriguing herself. It is one of the few joys the old plutocratic hag has left in her life.

Hector Otto, Prince Von Fratelingen Bis Helotropon. A handsome young playboy and Prince Elector with flair and style. He loves sports cars and rough sports. And when necessary he devotes time to the affairs of government concerning his Princely Province. Always good for a picture or two in the tabloids. He aspires the Imperial Crown, he craves its luster, yet will the other Princes let him have it? Would you?

Anastacia von Reigen, a career woman. In her younger days a fortunate liaison with someone high up the Stroponian Hierarchy gave her the opportunity to become editor at the Strechnitz Herald.  Long time the second most appreciated quality paper of the Empire. And now she is the chief editor of the number one quality paper since the Stropon Times fell out of favour by the emperor and his government after the Osturland translation scandal. She smells news form a mile away and easily changes her loyalty when it becomes convenient to do so.

Aaron, Baron von Streifen. The new Personal Private Secretary to his Imperial Majesty. A bright and loyal member of the lower aristocracy. Devoted to his Monarch he is rather new in Strechnitz and as yet unspoilt by the snake pits of the Imperial courts and the high society. But perhaps the old Emperor trusts von Streifen's bright blue eyes too much? What does that country squire really know about families who have lived and schemed close to the throne for generations? Don't they think in entirely different ways?

Lord Claudius viscount von Tserkenthal. Proud as a peacock and a terrible weakness for flattery. this vain courtier who believes that the young ladies of the Realm are still waiting for his attention and niceties, is the head of the Imperial household. He is not just in charge of the lackys and other domestics. he also guards the keys of the private Imperial safe. A tomb for many secrets and other things that are stored away to dissolve in total oblivion. but like tombs ,safes can be opened...can't they?

Augustus von Geizhals, Harbour baron and the embodiment of gaudy Stroponian nouveau riche. He will walk over corpses if that brings him closer to his goals. He loathes the snobby aristocracy, but tries to be a part of it. Not just for the coronets and the gild seal stationary but for the enormous business opportunities that lie there once he is one of them. What do the high born pansies know about money? They sit on endless piles of it, earned or stolen by earlier generations. Spending carelessly not knowing what it is worth. A shrewd business man could extort those gullible nobles for millions without getting tired.

Jurren von Geizhals, the son and heir of Augustus. Not interested in his fathers shady deals or hate for the aristocrats. He is a star baseball player for the national team. Sports are not always on his mind. He likes to party in all the best places in the world. Stropon's golden boy is hunted down by his female and even male fans. They all want a piece of the 2 billion bachelor. It's a hard life for poor old jurren. And now his father is determined to find some silly baroness for him to marry.

And so you know more about some of the important characters in RB&R. some more characters will be added in the future as the plot thickens. ;D

Serkanner Don't let it kill you yet my friend there is more to come;)

Sebes The next update will come very soon. for now I have brought you some elaborations on some of the characters :)

Bat Thank you bat!

M4346

Bravo! Bravo!!  &apls &apls

I love this show you're putting up for us! Keep it up!  :thumbsup:  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Serkanner

Excellent choice of characters to make this story a must read for any MD lover. I think I recognize some of the people form the Stropon tabloids, but I am not sure though. Have yet to pick my favorite character out of this bunch of ... uh ... colourful persona's  ;D

sebes

Excellent choise of characters Strech. I do not recognize them all, but trust you found the exact match in your storyline. Looking at the pictures I have an idea where this is heading to ... let's wait and see  ::)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Badsim

Speak about an unexpected turn in an MD ! A pain to read (translate) sometimes for me but it seems that the suspense born from your unbridled imagination worth it .... :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Emperor Stormont

Gloriousness as always Hubert I am loving this change.....very refreshing indeed.

Hector Otto would make a glorious (attractive) new Emperor indeed.

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Strechnitz

Marius Thank you my friend. I will keep it up. it is so much easier than my normal 20 pic updates. :) although I have more of those as well ;D

Serkanner Thanks Serkanner. You may indeed recognise some of the characters from the papers. for they have featured in earlier updates. I hope I have used them all apropriately in my storyline. but you, the reader are the ones to judge that ;)

Sebes Well some are difficult to recognise. but if you PM me I'll tell you all that you want to know about them. every one is picked with a purpose ;)

Badsim Je vous remercie Mauvaissim.;) I am glad that you like this change in my MD. although the usual city updates will continue. I want to give you any additional information you might need to make it moe comprehensible. After all I am dutch, and some things may well get lost in translation into English and later into French. Je reste a votre service, mon amice.

Emperor StormontThank you Michael. I am glad that you like this littel change...or rather it is an additional course of this MD combining my sometimes overlavishly detailed cities with a suspense story. 

And yes Hector Otto would be our favorite would he not? But nothing is certain my friend. Only time will tell.

The nights in Stropon are usually starlit and harmonious. Many of the good citizens and country folk in the empire sleep the night a way. Not so however, in the offices of the Stropon Herald.  This was the domain of Anastacia von Reigen, icon of quality news. The top reporters are gathered in the chief editor's office with their drafts for the headline articles for the next issue.

In her office on the second floor of the small side wing of the iconic art deco building she received the copies and shifted through them. The top reporters looked anxiously as the papers went through her hands. Her facial expression told them that she was not impressed. That was a bad sign indeed. If their articles were not chosen at least once a week they risked being demoted back to the army of ordinary journalists who filled up the rest of the papers content. Which meant that they would loose all there privileges like the all expense paid executive lunches. Oh the sheer horror of living without those! That would be unbearable to think off!

"The state visit to Atlantis? The opening of the parliamentary year? And the standard news items of the world stage? Is that really all the subjects you could come up with?" Anastacia spoke in her cold commanding voice.
"I see nothing here that all the other papers won't have in their tomorrow's editions. I...Am...Not...Happy...At...All!!!" she concluded. She chose to articles and handed them to an aide who ran down to the cellars where the mighty printing presses waited for the layout to print the headlines for the papers that were already printed.

Relieved that the decision was made the Heralds top reporters started wishing eachoter good night but were stopped in their tracks.
"I honestly do not recall giving any of you leave to go away." Anastacia said.
"The quality of your work has lowered considerably. Are you all resting on your laurels? Thinking that you have made it? Well think again. You have served me rubbish which is largely quoted from Reuters. I won't tolerate that any longer. It's disgusting."
The reporters in front of her desk looked like wronged children but dared not to reproach her.
"I know what I should do, I should write you all of as a bad dept and let them," And she pointed to the glass wall behind the reporters. They looked round and saw the sea of desks of the Heralds ordinary reporters.

They shivered as Anastacia continued.
"Let them fight to fill your vacancies. Perhaps new blood is just what this paper needs. Young journalists eager to find top stories where they arise to the surface..."
Enjoyin the view of writhing and anxious reporters in front of her amused her slightly. She took a sip of her ever present mineral water and smacked her lips audibly.
"But I'll give you all a last chance to redeem yourselves.  Give me...some dirt. Not the cheap rubbish the tabloids fill their pages with. But some first class secret that neither I, nor any so called conspiracy expert has heard off. I give you a week to deliver me such a top story. Do so and you have secured your place on my team. Fail...and reap the consequences. Capice?"
She looked at the faces contorted in disbelief in front of her. It was almost tragic.
"Well? Chop, chop. Tou have wasted 30 seconds of your time already...Go!"

Star Herald Reporter Amaranta Borges.

And with these words the reporters mumbled good night and left her office and the building.
Anastacia stood up and walked over to one of the windows of her enormous office and looked out on the empty streets of the Capital. She saw one of her star reporters crossing the street,
"My my, no car? Probably off to find solace in your lovers arms are you?" Anastacia said to the windowpane. Amaranta Borges was indeed heading over to her lover who lived close by the Heralds office. He only slept four hours a night so the chance that he was not awake was minimal.

And he was awake. He watched her approach standing in front of a window in his penthouse apartment. In his hand he held a piece of paper with a decoded message. It read 'Start opus horribilis, conscience will speak.' He threw the slip of paper in the fireplace so that no remnant would remain. Having an affair with a star reporter was a risky thing when you are a colonel in the Secret Police. He opened a chilled bottle of Chardonnay and had just filled two glasses when the doorbell rang.

"Darling" he greeted her as he embraced her in his strong arms. "how was your day?"
"Oh dreadful, If I do not uncover a big secret I am out on the street. There is no way to please that harpei! She threatened to fire all of us if we do not produce something special." She whined hysterically. "Well, that should not be a too big problem. You are one of the Heralds star reporters are you not? " Iskander replied handing her the glass she gulped down at once, giving it back for a refill.

"Oh no, this is sheer madness. It has to be something the general public has never heard off. But how to expose a successful cover up or a perfect murder? Madness I tell you!" Now her hysteria peaked. Iskander did not want to spend the night nursing his mistress because she merely had had a rough talk with her boss. He wanted to relax in the spare moments his secretive and busy life allowed. And at the moment she didn't really help. Why could she not 'share' with her girlfriends instead of with him?

Then it dawned upon him. He had pure gold in his arms right now. Helping her get the lid of a successful cover up would be a perfect instrument for fase one! This opportunity was better and had a higher chance of success than the most complex scheme devised could offer. He kissed the vibrant red hair of his newest favourite instrument.
"Well...maybe, just maybe I know a little secret that could be useful in your endeavours. It is only known by the top of the Secret Police. And If I told you moere about it, I would have to kill you to safeguard it." He slid his fingers around her throat as a joke. She looked at him from her tearfilled eyes. Gleaming with hope.
"Oh really? What...what is it?"
"I don't know the particulars and you should act very careful if you will investigate this." Promises me that" she nodded feverishly as a little girl, promising anything to get a lemon sherbet.
"There seems to be evidence that the death of Empress Marie Claire was not as simple as the official records suggest" the whole nation was grief stricken and nobody was very critical about it. Perhaps this will give you a top story?"
"Oh Isky. You are an angel. I will investigate this. It was over 40 years ago, but if there is rubbish...it will hit the fan. Oh! Thank you darling!" She laughed through her tears and hugged her athletic lover tightly. Thinking how easy men were seduced to help her when she shed a few tears. Iskander pressed her against him thinking how gullible and easy women were to steer in a certain direction. She would do all his work and be grateful for it. Ah if they only knew each others thoughts...

To be continued...

Emperor Stormont

Oh I am loving this new direction, so interesting, I'm intrigued as to how this shall all end.

I also love how you have the glorious Saunders as your star reporter, anything less would just not have been appropriate.

I await yet more from this story.  ;)

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

bat

Great newest update there! Wonderful work! :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

What a set of characters, and great story telling.

sebes

You're mean Strech... comming up with these cliff hangers and having us wait is just plain main  %BUd%

At the same time : making up these kind of intrigues reminds me how evil  >:D you can be... and I love every part of it! 
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Serkanner

What a devious storyline ... and I love it! Great characters, great story and lets not forget also the pictures themselves are worth logging in to this awesome mayor diary.

capo

hahaha great characters you chose for telling the story. Prins Bernhard, Jennifer Saunders and Rik Mayall like you've never seen them before :)

I agree with sebes, these cliffhangers are very mean...but a good way to keep your visitors entertained and an extra motivation for another visit. Hey if it works for GTST (dutch soap), then it sure works for this MD. I think I'm going to have to take an afternoon and read the whole MD to be able to fully understand the whole story. Are you a writer by proffesion by any chance? Your use of the English language is impressive, I'm glad there's such a thing as an online English-Dutch dictionary! Some words I had to look up :)

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!