• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Neo Byzantinian Empire of Stropon

Started by Strechnitz, April 11, 2007, 12:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strechnitz

After I saw some beautifull reply banners used in some MD's I thought "I want one of those too!" so here is the result. This time I have sacrificed a painting from Carl von Spitzweg. I believe it adds a nice touch to it.
ok, here goes.

Yoder7652 Thank you for this heartwarming compliment. Oh well, you only risk having to much to read when you return to this thread.  :D glad you enjoy it.

bat thank you BaT, and congratulations with your 1400th post. is that the SC4devotion record? this reply will be my personal 114 or around that figure. :) so I still have a long way to go to reach your mark :D

thundercrack83 Thank you, I like it too. I don't want Stropon to be a paradise of milk and honey. Therefore the need of some good old fashioned misery and dillapidation. and the rows are easy to make. no single plop was required. just zone 1x1 in any density, and give them everything but water....et voila!

And very apropriate too. They can now truly be called 'the great unwashed' lol

meinhosen Thank you very much Meinhosen, glad you like it.

patfirefghtr Thank you so much for your kind words. Idon't think it is bad too. But just to be on the safe side I put that litle disclaimer in. I have seen a few cases where some people went nuts over slightly politically incorrect statements. Where entire threads turned into political debates. I would not want that here. first off all because it is fiction, and purposed to entertain.

But rest assured, I haven't had a nasty PM thus far. so all's well :)

kwakelaar Thank you kwakelaar. In contrast to the previous towns who grew over time and filled up available space. This borough was planned and constructed almost as a whole. therefore the stark contrasts between the different area's.

The officetowers are out of place. you are correct. but the picture I tried to portay in the texts was indeed that when this part of town was built (uit de grond gestampt) the offices where small and almost insignifficant. therefor little space was designated to them. As in the end of the 19th  and the 20th century the service based economy grew explosively and business in general becomes more and more complicated office space becomes high in demand. So a lot more deskspace was needed and it was all crammed into that spot. BTW apart from the cleaners and doormen, all the workers come not from industriopolis but the city. that is why snobby Christine felt so safe there.
:D

As I mentioned above. creating vast estates with these houses is easy. thank heavens. and who knows kwakelaar, perhaps you can tackle Christine when she isn't watching. :)

sebes Thank you Sebes, And oh oh oh. why do you think the Emperor would pretend being ill just to fool around with some young Lady in waiting? because he has done so several times before? a weak ground for that accusation I must say...  ;):D

By the way I must congratulate you for being the lucky writer of the 100th post in my MD. I should reward you in some way shouldn't I?

How about a private sneekpeak into one of the next updates? :satisfied: PM me!

Strech.

bat

Thanks

and

Congrats for more than 100th replies in your MD!

Russell

Very, very impressive and well done!  &apls

thundercrack83

Hey, congratulations on 100 comments, my friend! Here's to 100 more!

Strechnitz

bat And thank you :) this wil make 105.

Russel Thank you ever so much. you really seem to like Stropon. I like that in people ;D

thundercrack83 thank you very much Thundercrack. I hope so too. 5 down 95 to go. piece of cake! ;D

Well, it is time again to spread some news. what has happened in the Neo Byzantinian Empire last week?

Stropon Times, we even tell the Emperor what to read!
Welcome to the international edition of the Stropon Times. This edition holds excerpts of the most important issues of last week's edition.

Emperor Awakes!!!
Kayserbürgen, from our palace correspondent.

Finally after 3 weeks our beloved leader Jerome Victor IV awakens! A nationwide siegh of relief was heard from the coasts of Quitaniana in the west to the hills of Nargoon in the East. His Holy Imperial Majesty has come round and shown himself in public at the palacegates of the Kayserbürgen Palace. A short statement made by the Imperial Personal Physicians states that the Emperor is fully recovered from the strange attack of fatigue and fit enough to take up the reigns of government once again. A relaxed Emperor was seen later that day making a long walk through the palacegardens with a small entourage. The monarch looked fit and healthy. 3 inches shorter than before. The only visible results are a beard and a lisp. According to the Imperial Personal physicians these are quite normal side effects of a fatigue. The beard however is a new fashion statement by the emperor who "wanted something new and different." according to Lord High Minister of the Interior and Imperial Matters, Friedrich Puchentop. His Holy Imperial Majesty did not however commented on the animosity between the Claw, and the Paw faction inside the Imperial Government. He clearly sees no harm in 'political debate' or has he lost interest in affairs of state?

His Holy Imperial Majesty walking through Kayserbürgen gardens, Is the beard becoming fashionable and sexy again?

From Lady in Waiting to a Marchiness in 3 weeks!
How the Stroponian dream is still alive!
Strechnitz, from our Correspondant

Lady Caroline von Steuben, was the youngest daughter Baron von Steuben. She had no title to her name, and little prospect on a good match in the higher Aristocratic regions. But her luck has changed. From being a mere1 out of 50  ladies in Waiting to The Holy Emperor three weeks ago when the Emperor was overcome by his fatigue. She was awarded today for her loyalty and good care during the Emperors sickbed. Jerome Victor has lifted her up to the station of Marchioness of Listerfeldt. The last Marques died without an heir last year. Lady Caroline von Steuben declared to be thrilled and totally overwhelmed by this gracious offer from our Monarch.

This noble gesture however has caused a lot of unrest in the House of Peers, and the Council of the Nobility.
"This absurd elevation of lady von Steuben is a breach of protocol. One can only be elevated one stage at a time. Barones or Vicontess is the maximum level our Wise emperor could bestow on her. Now she has passed 6 levels at once. Unheard of!" Thus spoke a foammouthing Lord Eibert von Frankel bis Frenkel. President of the Council of Nobility.

"This is a flagrant abuse of the Emperors prerogatives" and "This will cause chaos in the delicately balanced 'List of Rank'. This must be undone before His Holy Imperial Majesty dies. In that case Lady von Steuben could surpass 30 families in their rightfull elevation when a new Imperial Dynasty is chosen by the Prince Electors."was the reaction of a purpleheaded Arch bishop Christian von Bellins. President of the High Court for Rank & Hereditary disputes in Strechnitz
They expect a lot of lawsuits over the matter. High rankinfg aristocrats refused to comment on the matter while it is still pending. The Imperial Secretary announced litterally that the aforementioned nobles could stick their objections where the sun would not shine. "I am the infallible anointed one. I am the one true Holy Byzantinian Emperor. I reward the little ladies services as I damn well please! It is their business accept my wishes and sort it out." thus spoke our beloved leader who seems fully recovered indeed. He has never been so feisty and candid. We aplaud this new found vigor!

Lady Caroline von Steuben, newfangled marchioness and Imperial playgirl?

Geizhals, Playboy and hero does it again!
Strechnitz, from our society correspondent

Jurren von Geizhals. Rich heir and Sportshero has done it again. His restless soal can't seem to find solace with his partners. After a mere 5 weeks he broke off the engagement with Actress Nicky van der bottom. what is it with Stropon's golden boy, star of the national Baseball team and godson no less of our beloved Emperor? Rumours run rampant. and several theories run amock. But we are a respectable newspaper and won't print them here. Feel free to read them in our "editors unsorted" collumn on our website ;) The heir of the Geizhals corp. himself has dissapeared after the announcement. Nicky has taken a plane to hollywood to find solace in the arms of a third rate actor. We'll keep you posted on the whereabouts of our 'hero'.

Where is Stropons Golden boy?

thundercrack83

Glad to see the Emperor's alive and kicking! And I like the beard! Great update, my friend! And by the way, if Lady Caroline is looking for a suitor, send her my way!

Yoder7652

******THE FOLLOWING IS AN OFFICIAL DISPATCH******

bat

sebes

QuoteLady Caroline von Steuben, newfangled marchioness and Imperial playgirl
Ik wist 't!  (I knew it)

Loving the update again... I admire how you find the exact matching pictures to fit in your story! Btw: I'd not be surprised if Von Geizhals was spotted in Liaane's The That lately....
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Emperor Stormont

Loved the previous update. We are loving Christine as our guide around this wonderful nation.

The delegation were somewhat surprised by the area they last visited, but felt very secure with the civil guards protecting them. Looking forward to the next updates.

(P.S. I'm going somewhat inactive over the next few weeks, exams are starting to take their toll. If I miss any updates then I apologise and will comment in full when I return, I will also be making arrangements for the state visit, so I'll keep you posted)

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Strechnitz

thundercrack83 Thank you, your good wishes were delivered to the emperor. And about Lady Caroline...well we can't send ladies off running towards men now can we? but fear not, a bribe here and there and your name will appear on a pallace guestlist. than you can try and woo her yourself. you casanova you. ;)

Yoder7652 Thank you, on behalve of the Emperor and his government. Their response has been send to Osturland today.

bat Thank you, here comes another one.

sebes Thank you, Sebes. Sometimes however the picture asks for a story instead of the other way around. :D The That eh? Perhaps. But what are you insinuating Sebes? :-[

belfastuniguy I'm glad you like the updates. I can imagine the surprise. But the government insists to show all sides of the empire and withold nothing to the eyes of the world. So the lesser parts of the Empire are also shown. (p.s. good luck with the exams.I look forward to the statevisit.)

Stropon Times, we even tell the Emperor what to read!
Welcome to the international edition of the Stropon Times. This edition holds excerpts of the most important issues of last week's edition.

Diplomats wanted!!
Strechnitz, from our political Correspondent

Today, our imperial government accepted the offer of Osturland to open diplomatic relations. a copy of the letter send to Payens was acquired by this newspaper and is printed below. Osturland is now the second country aside Atlantis, with whom we now have diplomatic relations.sources close to the government confirmed that a new ambassador has not yet been appointed.

The Knights are back?
Strechnitz, from our correspondent.

The move of our Govenrment to open relations with Osturland is a bit strange, according to Professor Adonis Leidelmayer Cnut. Who holds the Chair for Dynastic History at Strechnitz University. "Osturland is, although our two countries never have battled each other since both countries came into existence, not a natural ally to Strechnitz. Indeed! the contrary is much closer to the mark! Osturland was founded by the Knights Templar when Latin Europe wanted to rid itself of the knights. But when they were still en vogue in 1204. They joined the 4th crusade to free Jerusalem. They never reached the holy land however. But instead they plundered and raged Constantinople. Our glorious capitol, the home of our Rulers before they lost the Byzantine Empire and were forced to flee and resettle along the banks of Lake Federn. The disgrace of 1204 has never been made up for. And now our governments tells us that they are our friends? I would like to see an official apologies before going through with the opening of our borders to Osturland. Why wouldn't the Knights Templar strip our capitol bare of it's gold and relics again as they did in 1204?"

Government officials declared that Professor Leidelmayer Cnut, has a blurred view on the matters. The High Lord Chancedllor Clauwenbach reacted personally. "The situation in 1204 and the one today is beyond comparison. The government expects nothing like an apologies. By the way, if we wanted that, we needed apologies of all european countries whose ancestors joined in the 4 crusade, including the Papacy. History aside. Stropon is Stropon, and not Canstantinople. however close these two are. They star in totally different chapters in history. So think no more of it, I would say.

The government of Osturland was not willing to comment to this newspaper. Several righthonourable Paw's rattle there cage demanding that opening diplomatic relations by the Imperial Cabinet should not be decided by the cabinet alone, but put before Both Houses of government for scrutiny and put to the vote. "In order that the future diplomatic network of our glorious Empire won't be a private matter of the Emperor and the High Lords on the cabinet. Stropon can't allow that possible dunious nations become "friends" just because the happy few in the citadel likes them" the reaction of Lord Bährenbach, Leader of the Paw Faction within the House of Peers of the Realm. A spokesman of the cabinet informed us that "However the wish for meddling by both houses is in itself a democratic thought. They have no influence what soever on these matters. Diplomatic relations simply do not resort under the tools or privileges of either the House of Representatives of the Realm, nor the House of the Peers of the Realm. They can have an opinion, they may vent their opinion in the press, but they have and get no say in these matters." And we conclude with these clear words.

Mausoleum Hill faces "facelift"
Strechnitz, By our City Hall correspondent.

Today, the Regent for Public Works on the Strechnitz city council held a press conference at Strechnitz city hall. There he announced that Mausoleum Hill and the Church of Holy Wisdom, the resting place of our Emperors and Empresses is to be restored to it's former splendour. The building is in bad need of TLC. Damp and fungi eat away the delicate frescoes and corrodes the marble and the bricks of the structure. Many statues on and around the collums of glory are damaged and need repairs. The site itself looks neglected. Trees and shrubs growing wild. The site does not look like the holy of holies which it is but more like a neglected piece of wilderness that happensto contain a big building.

And it isn't safe there as well. altough during daytime tourists venture there to look at the basilica and the pompous imperial Crypts underneath, or enjoy the panoramic views the hill offers on the city and the bay, After dusk, a whole different callibre of people take over the hill. Prostitutes of both genders appear. Drugs is traded and used there. and besides the addicts and dealers and prostitutes. vagrants and criminals of various trades complete the picture.

"Well, We will tolerate none of that no more!" spoke the Regent for Public Works. The mausoleum and the monuments will be restored to ther former glory. The trees and shrubs will be cleared away. The bare hill will be redevelloped. a boulevard will surround the hill making it possible for Strechnitzians to enjoy the hill and the waterfront at the same time. No dense thicket will be allowed. Miscreants and outcasts of society should not be encouraged to spoil such a site. The Church will be surrounded by manicured lawns and carefully maintained walkways. sufficient lights will be placed around so that no crimes can be committed on Mausoleum Hill without the civil guard seeing it. This Part of the city will regain it's grandeur with this clean up. It has been neglected for too long. Definite costs of the project could not be given yet. but it runs into the millions analists say.

We aplaud the regained interst for this part of town and this important monument deserves the attention it will get soon. But why now? Is it because our beloved Emperor is beginning to near the end of his lifespan? Could be. however. When these plans are caried out our beloved monarch won't have to fear his tomb and that of his predecessors being desacraated by the scum of the earth.

Mausoleum hill, from being a missfit playground today, she'll rise as a reborn feniks from her ashes tomorow.

thundercrack83

More interesting reading! You are very creative, my friend! Also, congratulations on the diplomatic relations with Osturland!

bat

another beautiful newspaper! Great work! Looking forward to more!

nova vesfalo

you're a such productive guy ! Quite funny to see DH's characters joins Stropon's story :) nice re-use :)

kwakelaar

This has given us some interesting insights to the Stroponian nobility, seems politics are no different there to anywhere else in Europe.
Looking forward to the renovation of Maousoleum Hill.

Yoder7652

Glad to hear you have accepted the offer of Osturland people! An unlikely pairing...yes possibly, but we in Osturland are realists and are always on the lookout for engaging in relations with countries that we might be able to benefit from (either commercially or diplomatically) as well as those we might be a benefit to. I look forward to Stropon's representation in Payens.

emilin

This cracks me up every time. :D

Hard to say anything about the actual ingame development ;) but your feeling for absurd humour is impeckable. :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Strechnitz

thundercrack83 Thank you for your compliment. I appreciate it. I am very happy indeed with the new ties with Osturland.

bat Than you, Bat.

nova vesfalo Thank you. I find DH hilarious. And I like to use pics of actors in my MD (the emperor excluded of course)

kwakelaar Indeed, Stropon is not an ideal state. The elite, in this case the nobility has some difficulties separating self interest from general interest. :) The renovation of citadel hill is progressing nicely. You should see the results soon.

Yoder7652 An unlikely pairing indeed. But no sensible government would let it's foreign policy be dictated by events that happened over 800 years ago. Neither does the Stroponian government. Stropon may have some quirky bits because of the Doctrine of Autocracy, but the Imperial Cabinet are on the whole realists themselves. That is why they so graciously accepted the Osturland Offer.  ;D

Emilin Glad you like it. :thumbsup: I'm sorry the ingame devellopment goes so slow. The problem is that my laptop has some issues with Simcity. so I have to restart a lot of times before I get something done ()sad() but fear not, all will come in due time.

And now over to the real update, I have made some Lots with the Lot-editor. some will be featured in the following pictures. I wish I could Bat but i can't and if I can I don't have the time,  ;D but perhaps you like the lots. oh and I have also produced my first basic textures with the sc4 tool. as you can see in the next pics. they aren't perfect yet. but good enough to be shown in my MD

The sun lifts itself yet again above the horizon. A new day dawns over the empire of Stropon. Many of you joked or discussed about the tour through Industriapolis. Some of you jumped to the possibility to open a private slush fund at one of the Stroponian Banks. The beds in The Grand Regency Hotel were no doubt wonderful. They should, the cost the IBT a bundle. :D

Oh well let's start shall we?

Good morning Fatfi... I mean my dear guests. Has everyone finished their breakfast? Lovely!
no time to waste then, The motorcade awaits us outside the hotel. we have no time to loose. I do hope everybody got the leaflets Myra sent to your rooms this morning?
Then you all now that there is a change of plan. Instead of visiting palace and gardens at Kaiserbürgen, we will travel to Wörlitzen Badt. The Imperial Spa. The emperor has been told of our group being harassed by reporters during his absence of the throne. Therefore he gives you all 3 days of hospitality in the Imperial Pavilion in Wörlitzen Badt. 3 days filled with visits to the baths, beauty treatments. Balls and theatre, and for those who dare a wager. Visits to the Casino and the beach for those who want. His Holy Imperial Majesty hopes that this will compensate for the inconveniences the Stropon press has caused me...I mean us.  Ha ha ha. Yah, lovely!

Wörlitzen Badt has long made its fortune from the sea: originally a fishing village, in the 18th century doctors recommended that the water at Wörlitzen Badt had therapeutic properties, inspiring patients to make pilgrimages to the beach for alleged cures for their ailments.

Wörlitzen Badt became more renowned in 1832 when Empress Wilhelmine Eugenie (the wife of Emperor Caesar Frederick) built a palace on the hill above the beach (now the Imperial pavillion). The Stroponian Imperial family regularly took vacations in Wörlitzen Badt since then.: European Royalty and American tycoons would frequent the Spa's and the Casino of Wörlitzen Badt just like Monte Carlo, Brighton, Biarritz, Marienbadt or Rimini. Now that is the official history.

Rumor has it that Empress Wilhelmine Eugenie, sister of Emperor Napoleon III of France was very unhappy with her arranged marriage to Caesar Frederick She loathed the strict protocol at Kayserbürgen. The High Nobility ignored her, and Dampotzen Palace was too big for her taste. And what made her life worse was the fact that the imperial couple would never be blessed with children. So to avoid the hated imperial court she exiled herself to the insignificant fishing town Wörlitzen and ordered the build of a small palace so that she could spend parts of the year in peace and solitude. Solitude is quite relative in this case. For she was attended by a resident staff of around 600 servants and domestics at all times.

But the irony was that although she tried to escape the Imperial court she started a trend. Her problem was that in Stropon. The Emperor and Empress are almost infallible. So her refusal to spend the entire summer season at Dampotzen was breach of protocol and history. Yet she could not be blamed for it because she was the emperor's wife. So if she would not come to court, the court would come to her. In a matter of a few years half the court flocked to Wörlitzen to accompany their Empress. Unwillingly Wilhelmine Eugenie had started a new trend. Luxury hotels and theatres were built. A few springs were declared therapeutic and the Spa's were built. Wörlitzen Badt was now a fact. While the town flourished and prospered Ceasar Frederick died. And while the newly chosen dynasty installed itself on the throne, the Empress Widow retired to a small palace in France. Finally getting the seclusion she had craved for her entire life which had been filled with obligations and protocol. Sad isn't it? Oh well. Ah we are arriving in a few minutes.

Let us start at the old harbor of the original Wörlitzen. You can still see the 17th century Warehouses aligning the old harbor. And some merchant homes. The lighthouse dates from the 18th century. If some of you dare to climb it then you should. The views are said to be spectacular. On clear days one can see the other side of lake Federn.

Here we stand in the most important spot of the old town. To our left we see the beautifully decorated custom house(1) dating back from the 17th century. Every ship or merchant entering the town or harbor had to pay fares and taxes here. The interior is restored back to the way it must have looked in the 17th century. The dominant building bearing the crests of the town of Wörlitzen Badt and of the counts of Wörlitzen is as you may have guessed already the old city hall(2). Yeah. Isn't that a lovely building? It is still in use and unfortunately the entire 17th century décor was stripped in 1896 and replaced with a Victorian décor.

In 1908 a part of the old town was demolished to make way for the Imperial Wörlitzen Yacht Club. Membership to this exclusive club is restricted to the happy few Stroponians who possess the right descend, extremely well connected in the Stroponian beau monde, and enough Stroponian crowns on his or her bank accounts. The interior of the club is palatial to say the least. But unfortunately it is not open to public. What is open to the public however is the faithfull replica of the  HHIMS Vigilance. This was the ship of admiral Früger which headed the fleet that conquered Quitaniana. It was built out of donations of members and sailed to Quitaniana commemorating the colonies anniversary. It carried the Emperor and his guests from Strechnitz to Simeonopole From where it set of to Quitaniana where it arrived amidst the festivities. The Viceroy of Quitaniana held a huge banquet on the ship. After the festivities the ship sailed back to Stropon where it is now opened to the public.

So please follow me up the plank me maties, har har, ha ha ha. Oh lovely. Let s enjoy this fine monument of naval history,though no rough sailors I'm afraid. pitty.

Here we have the old uppertown of Wörlitz which is built around the Saint George Basilica. The basilica belonged to the Jesuit monastery built around it. However the monastery was demolished and the Jesuits expelled when they were accused of espionage and treason for the Pope in 1780. The interior was changed in 1834 to please Empress Wilhelmine Eugenie. As you can see the lavishly guilded interior is in a stark contrast to the austere Romanesque exterior. She has never set foot in this church actually. She was a devout catholic and disliked Simeonism. She regarded it as herecy, and refused to enter the building. Caesar Frederick however loved the little building. He decreed that after his death is left pink should be enshrined and buried in this church as a token of his affection for Wörlitzen.

Now we enter the pat of the town built in the 19th century when Worlitzen Badt turned into the Mondain beach resort. The brick and limestone retaining walls were built to protect the hills and add some grandeur to the beaches. O the terraces which were formed by the retaining walls Luxury hotels were built to accommodate royalty and nobility when they came her to gamble or cure. Here we see the Regal Theatre and the yellow bricked Kurhaus. This building is devoted to mud an algi baths and treatments. It employs 0ver 100 beauticians, masseuses, and therapists. The theatre has special closed loges where guests can enjoy the productions whilst not bothering the other theatergoers with the medicinal fumes and smells of  their treatments. Isn't that considering? Lovely! The Bronze fountain is a gift of  the Shah of Persia.

Here we have the Grand Metropole Hotel. Nicknamed the Guilded Kremlin. Many of the Russian Elite who fled their country in 1918 took up residence here spending the money they made from their jewelry in the casino. Waiting for the Bolsheviks to be thrown out of the Country. But that didn't happen unfortunately. The biggest party animals was Prince Sergei Orloviefski. He was renowned for his parties where the entire beau monde present at Wörlitsen Badt would be invited.  After his untimely death (choked on an oyster) he left the hotel with a debt of 9 million Stroponian Crownes.  Talking of Oysters. We'll have lunch here. So please step inside. And eat whatever you like. The bill goes to the old...I mean hi Holy Imperial Majesty. Oh lovely I am famished.!

Ah the stylish Imperial Spa. Where the Kurhaus focuses on treatments of ailments the Spa is synonymous with luxury and pampering. This building  only closes when the Emperor comes to visit the spa. Please remember that he will pay our bill. So don't hesitate the next days to visit this little jewel and let yourself be treated to the best!. Ah lovely, I can't wait myself. And what about you Myra? You are going to read a book? My God woman. We are in Wörlitzen with all expenses paid and you are going to read a book on the beach?  Silly woman. No wander you are an assistant. Ah where were we?

Ah, the Wörlitzen Casino Imperiale. This fin the siecle gem. Is the lifeblood of  Wörlitzen. It is built in 1893 and replaced the smaller casino which stood on the site where now the Regal Theatre stands. The Casino (1) is a true palace devoted to lady Fortune. The grand interior lures its guests to spend. Many a big name played ore dined here. The casino and it's grounds were and is the focal point of the high society frequenting Wörlitzen Badt. Walking towards the shore we see on our left and right the 2 banqueting halls(2). Here the high and mighty who resided in hotel suites lacked the large ballrooms of their own palaces. So they could use the banqueting halls for banquets and balls. The interior is as stunning as the exterior. Nowadays they are also used for public functions like lectures or concerts. The equestrian statue we see here on the Casino square is that of Emperor Caesar Frederick as a thank you for the prosperity he brought to Wörlitzen Badt by turning it into a resort. Isn't that ironic? It should have been a statue of Wilhelmine Eugenie, but she did not make herself too popular around here so they probably "forgot" who they should be grateful to. Ah look at the lake. Isn't she enchanting? Lovely? The beach isn't a fine sand beach as one would prefer but a gravel beach. There are plans to turn this into a sand beach and so attract more tourists in the summer.

Oh I nearly forgot. To your left you see the monument erected to Doctor von Flegeln who declared the waters around Wörlitzen Badt therapeutic. It is the most beautiful bench Wörlitzen has for it's wanderes to rest on. Follow me people.

Here we have the Wörlitzen opera.(1) Now closed for renovation but it is a beauty of eurly 19th century architecture. It resembles the Odeon in Paris. But it is slightly bigger. To our right we have the Regency Regis Hotel. The newest of the Grand Hotels here. It's clientele consists mostly of film stars and other nouveau riche. Beautiful façade though.

Returning to the beach promenade we see oldest of the grand hotels at Wörlitzenbad. The Windsor Grand.(1) This hotel built in an English style was meant to attract not only Stroponian but also English guests. The Windsor's have slept her on several occasions when they got bored with Biarritz. The Elysian Grand(2) is famed for its 3 restaurants of Michelin quality. It's nickname is the small Topkapi. For some members of the Ottoman Royal family came here after their expulsion  from Turkey by Atatürk. Another twist of history where the descendants of the conquerors of Constantinople sought refuge with those they had formerly defeated. Isn't that lovely? Er I mean ironic?

The Park and fountain to our right is called the Mermaid fountain(3). This has to do with a legend from the middle ages where a mermaid was said to be thrown on the beach in a storm. A isherman found her and took her home. She promised him bountiful catches of fish if he could turn her into a human woman. He tried that by removing the fishtail. She died during the procedure cursing Wörlitzen that they would never catch fish again. It is just a story of course. But the town transformed from a fishing village into a trading town. Selling Stroponian Produce to Venice and importing Venetian Glass for Strechnitz aristocrats.

High up the hill lies the renowned Empire Hotel(1). It's beax art's façade hides the most luxurious suite in Wörlitzen Badt. Many celebrities stayed here. To many to name them all. This Hotel has it's own sauna and Spa. This is where we'll be staying the next few days when we explore the decadent luxuries of this town. Further up the hill is the Manor of the counts of Wörlitzen.(2) They don't live here however. They have been governor generals in Nargoon for three centuries now. They also live in Asia. The mansion is sold to an anonymous person. All we know is that he lives in Elytheria. Maybe he is a businessman or someone very high up the government ladder. We don't know......lovely!

So, that brings us to the far side of the promenade. The Grand Apollo Hotel(1) marks the end of the promenade. It is a large hotel. Some people have complained that it spoils the view from the Imperial pavilion but the hotel is owned by the Imperial real estate company so the emperor gets a lot of money in return for a bit less view. The imperial pavilion (2) first consisted only of the front wing topped with the Cupola. When Caesar Frederick came down here to accompany his wife, the other 3 wings were built to complete the structure. The first pavilion stood alone on the hill apart from the old town. But in the 19th century the twon gruw and enveloped the pavilion, making it part of the town. It is not used as a residence any longer and it is open to the public. So if you can find the time. Please have a visit here. The rooms are very impressive I am told. And lastly the Church of all Saints.(3) Because of the growing town and the multiplying population demanded a more room than the Saint George or the other Churches could offer. So in 1913 this Romanesque revival church was built. From the surrounding terrace one get's beautiful views on the town and the lake.

here at the end of the promenade we see the sankt Vitus or Saint Vitus Bridge. Sankt Vitus is one of the may obscure Simeonistic saints. I don't know what he has done to become a saint do you Myra? Oh yeah, you look it up in your portable library we'll go on yes dear? Alright. Lovely.

On the other side of this small estuary whose name of the river I have totally forgotten lies Wörlitzen Crag. This medieval fort is the residence of the counts of Wörlitzen. The interior is fully modernized without destroying the exterior. So when the family returns from Nargoon on a holiday here in their own county they stay up there. The walls are open to visitors the castle inside however is not. Because it is still in use as a residence.

Ok well. Let us go back to the hotel. Our luggage must have arrived by now. Fresh ourselves up and you all have today tomorrow and the day after tomorrow to enjoy everything Wörlitzen Badt has to offer. All expenses paid with óne exception. In the casino you will play with your own money. Is that clear? Ok lovely. Well lets have some fun then.

bat

sebes

What a huge update! How do you find the time???  Anyhow, I admire what you accomplished in Wörlitzen Badt. Especially the walls in the town give it a very royal look. The Casino , the Empire Hotel and the Grand Metropole hotel are absolutely great bats that fit perfectly in this spa town. Where did you find these?

Though one thing is bugging me: what is causing the triangle without water in the corners of Marrasts embankment set?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN