• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Neo Byzantinian Empire of Stropon

Started by Strechnitz, April 11, 2007, 12:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strechnitz

Oh WOW!!! &hlp

Thank you. Thank you!! I was hoping to get the honor once to be selected for this cathegory. But in al honesty I never expected it to be so soon. I really want to thank those who deemed Stropon worthy, and of course everyone kind enough to comment my thread.

I won't let you guys down. I have several plans for updates with a lot of screenies. So there is much more to come. I hope you'll keep on enjoying it as much as I do. :thumbsup:

I'm on fire &hlp I think I go celebrate this with a single malt before bedtime. ;D

Strech.

Pat

&apls &apls Strech congrats on your getting "Special Interest this Month"   &apls &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Congratulations, my friend! Glad to see you as a "Special Interest this Month!"

Emperor Stormont

Congratulations Strech, truly deserved  &apls &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Yoder7652

wow strech...it has been a bit since I was able to last visit your MD...sooo much has happened (it took me quite awhile to read through it all :D ). The changes in the citadel over time was most exciting to watch...the detail of history with each transformation was very impressive! I also had quite a fun on the tour with Christine...the countryside was lovely. As always, your history is quite rich and full of details...kudos on all of your work, it leaves me stunned!

EDIT: I forgot...congrats on the Special Interest designation!

kwakelaar

A well deserved special interest MD :)

Another good update, with a new twist to the history of this empire. Seems the Swiss will get some competition in their field of being neutral and detatced from their neighbours.
Paws and Claws, who will deliver the next Emperor? I look forward to follow the story.

bat

Russell

I believe a congratulation is in order  :) &apls

sebes

Congratulations with the medal Strech...

Quote from: Strechnitz on May 01, 2007, 07:09:06 AM

But First it gives me great pleasure to present his Holy Imperial Majesty

"....ook names mijn vrouw"  LOL
unquote

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Emperor Stormont

The Ministry for Foreign Affairs  -  The Imperial Kingdom of Atlantis

The Imperial Government accepts the invitation from the Neo Byzantinian Empire of Stropon to commence diplomatic relations.

The Stropon Ambassador will be welcomed by the Atlantan Prime Minister followed by dinner at the Imperial Palace with His Imperial Majesty Emperor Stormont III where the diplomatic ties will be duscussed in much greater detail. The Emperor has great hope for this new partnership and once the union has been formally signed, His Imperial Majesty would like to invite His Holy Imperial Majesty Jerome Victor IV for a state visit to the the Imperial Kingdom of Atlantis. Once the embassy is established these details will be discussed in much greater detail.

Here ends

Sir Matthew Lyons-Mourne
Ambassador designate to the Empire of Stropon

P.S. If you forward me your email address I can send you the Atlantis Flag prop. My Flag was very kindly made by HabLeUrG, I simply PM'ed him and asked if he would have any free time to convert the flag image onto a flag, so maybe he could model your flag also  ::)

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Strechnitz

Time for some replies, I can't get sloppy now that I have the honor of being in this cathegory this month, now can I? $%Grinno$%

nova vesfalo Thank you very much, Your MD is also quite stunning. very enjoyable

patfirefghtr Thank you Patfighter, I apreciate that. :)

thundercrack83 I'm glad that your glad to see Stropon here. I share that thought naturaly:D

Yoder7652 Thank you so much Yoder, I'm glad you survived the read. I find it very hard to say something in only a few words. The devil is in the details they say. And I am no Saint, that's for sure :D  I'm also glad that you liked the tour with Christine. For I can tell you that part 2 is coming very soon. today or tomorow in fact. depending on how soon I finnish a paper about corporate litigation.

kwakelaar Thank you. The Swiss do get some competition. But not just on the side of independence. Don't forget my first post. I told you that a lot of gold comes into the Stroponian bank vaults. A future update will be dedicated to the slush funds and secret bank accounts that keeps the Stroponian Crown such a healthy and strong currency. ;)  And it depends on the the new chosen emperor when the current one dies, wether the claws or the paws will become a dominant factor...and perhaps neither. ::)

bat Thank you very much for that.

Russell Thank you, I believe so too :D Does the regime know you're here ;)

And on your first post. I'm happy that you like the MD and find it inspirational. thank you.

sebes Thank you on both posts. Did you know this quote?  "Het verstand mijner vrouw is gelijk nul!"

belfastuniguy Thank you very much for your swift response. As you know some elements in the government do not cooperate fully, but they'll only slow things down minimally. Sir Mathew Lyons-Mourne is very welcome in Stropon and will be received with all honors due at Strechnitz Airport as soon as he arrives. If you have an embassy building you wish to use, then it will be incorporated into the yet to be built Embassy Quarter in the Capital.

P.S. i'll PM him and ask him if he can/wishes to help me.

Strechnitz

Stropon Times, we even tell the Emperor what to read!
Welcome to the international edition of the Stropon Times. This edition holds excerpts of the most important issues of last week's edition.

The Emperor still lies in bed after reading the "Bliss report"
Strechnitz, from our palace correspondent.

Last week after a cabinet meeting in Citadel palace, our beloved ruler overcame with fatigue and had to retreat to his private chambers. Sources close to the throne have declared to our correspondent that just previous the Emperor and his ministers had had an expose by the director general of IESS (Imperial External security Service) This so called "Bliss report" elaborated on the political situation in Bliss. The Imperial Physicians have declared that the situation of Jerome Victor IV is stable and that there is no cause for panic what so ever.  "His Holy Imperial Majesty is merely exhausted because of his busy agenda. He takes his call very seriously as we now. After a few days all will be back to normal. I assure you."  As declared by Sir Kringeling. Personal physician of his Majesty. Rumors close to the palace say that the Emperor talked about changing government into a totalitarian model for the benefit of the greater good. Government officials have stated that these 'rumors' are preposterous and totally miss the mark. That it occurred during the reading of the aforementioned report is nothing more than coincidence and is totally unrelated. 

"The Inspection trip to Quitaniana was simply to stressing. His Holy Imperial Majesty tends to forget that he is 84 years old." Thus declared by the first secretary of the Lord High Chancellor of the Realm. When asked for a reply, Lord High Chancellor o/t Realm Clauwenbach answered laughingly. "But my good man, if one wants to read about plots and conspiracies one needs to read book, not newspapers, ha ha ha. Now if you will excuse me, there is an empire to run." This all seems very plausible. Yet the Emperor has been 'sleeping' for two weeks now. Government officials declared yet again, that all is well and the Emperor has read reports and talked to ministers during the day, but that he finds it not necessary to appear in public as yet until he is fully restored.

Jerome Victor IV in more active days, (Dominionday 2006, archive footage)

Stropon opens up to the world!
Atlantis. From our correspondent,

After 89 long years Stropon has opened diplomatic Channels with a foreign nation. After discussions in the Houses of Peers and Representatives started last summer after the maiden speech of the new Lord High Treasurer led to no conclusive answer The Imperial government was suddenly confronted by a letter from the Atlantan government. The Atlantan Emperor Stormont III requested to open diplomatic relations with our beloved Empire.

This action was unprecedented in the post Great War history of the Empire. The only intrusions on the Doctrine of Autocracy were the invitations of the League of Nations back in 1921 and the United Nations in 1948. In his monthly address to the Nation His holy Imperial Majesty Jerome Victor IV told us that "after so long a lasting peace in Europe, now. Perhaps better as in the future, it is time to look once again over the borders of our wonderful lands and see if we have friends with whom we can have contact on diplomatic level. We have been safe for 9 decades. With diplomatic ties to neighboring States, which do not bind us without our consent to anything, may be the reassurance for a safe peace for 9 decades more, and perhaps even longer." Thus indicated that the Imperial government was debating the possibilities for opening diplomatic relations with other states in general, and Atlantis in particular. Last week, an official response was send to Atlantis stating that Stropon wants to commence Diplomatic relations. A historic moment.

Are we witnessing the last days of the Doctrine of Autocracy? Time will tell. Anyhow, this step is a victory for the Lord High Chancellor Frits Clauwenbach who is in favor of opening diplomatic channels to the outside world. For the benefit of our country in general and our economy in particular. The Lord High Chancellor has publicly announced that Lady Theodora von Büllowtof Kranz, society queen and younger sister to Prince Heinrich von Büllowtof Krantz Elector of the Steiern Principality will be appointed as Ambassador to Atlantis By the Emperor as soon as he is declared fit. Lady Theodora declared to the press at her Strechnitz Residence that she was charmed and delighted to be granted such honor of becoming the first ambassador for Stropon. She intends to do her utmost best to ensure good relations between both Empires.

She is looking forward to meet Emperor Stormont III and his government. "I have heard and read so much about them. And now I will be the first to see the marvels of the Empire of Atlantis with my own eyes. This is a very happy occasion indeed." Lady Theodora has been active as a peer in the House of Peers since she finished her studies at Eastpoint University where she studied, politics, State Law, and Pre Doctrine Diplomacy. We wish her all the luck.

Lady Theodora von Büllowtof Kranz at her Strechnitz Residence before announcing her new station.

emilin

Wonderful. Just wonderful. And congratulations to the reward. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Another fantastic storyline! You are very creative, my friend! I'll be looking forward to reading more and seeing more of the city.

Russell

Exquisite update. Just... wonderful. And after hearing about His Holy Imperial Majesty feeling unwell, the regime sends a kind message to him on behalf of both itself and the masses of Bliss and hopes for a speedy recovery.

Strechnitz

She's back !!! :o

Well. after that short news update it is time to see some more of the glorious Empire of Stropon don't you think?
Christine Blancmanger, your trusted and no doubt favorite liaison from the Imperial Bureau of Tourism had her staff wake you up after a nights sleep in old Posernitz castle after a refreshing breakfast, the rotund embodiment of hospitality rushes into the dining room and her chirpy voice makes sure that the last remnants of sleep fly away.

Good morning dear guests, how was your night in this medieval clump...castle? was it alright? yeah? lovely! Quite medieval eh? Well rest assured tonight we'll stay in a decent 18th century castle.
Well today we'll leave for Apollonerfeldt, which is a lovely little town which was originally a Roman Castellum! Isn't that just lovely? Is everybody ready with breakfast? Yeah, swallow that last piece of salmon and empty your champagne, Myra will have transferred your luggage to the cars by now....oh Mister Kwakelaar? Yeah. There was something wrong with your intercom receiver. It looked like you've accidentally dropped a mallet on it or something? Several times?Strange huh? Yeah, well it is fixed now so you won't have to miss a word I say! Isn't that just lovely? Ok dear guests, off to Apollonerfeldt we go!

Good morning dear guests, we now enter the Apollonerfeldt valley these lands and neighboring valleys are the County of the House of Renkelstein. Unfortunately the count and his family are on a trip to their plantations In Nargoon so they can't welcome us personally. But we are welcomed to stay in the Renkelstein estate.

We now traverse the woods that are part of the Renkelstein hunting grounds. Here anything from rabbits and quails up to boars and deer live and...well end up in the Counts larder. Isn't that just lovely? I hope we'll have some game on the menu tonight.  To your right you see the small lake where trouts and other fish are bred. This used to be a stonequary. al the medieval buildings we will see today are largely built with stones that came from this noe flooded quary.

Here we have the small hamlet of Stellernau. It is a small rural community most people work on the farms here. The small Sankt Donatus Church from 1100 is dedicated to the same saint. Rumors have it that the crypt holds some pieces of the old Regalia treasures worn by the Byzantine Emperors which were smuggled out of Constantinople while the city was ablaze in 1453. Thus far nobody has located this secret crypt. Can you believe it? I dunno. It isn't very big now is it? Oh well let's continue.

Ah some more of the fertile Stroponian Farms. We are now more to the south than in Burg Posernitz. You can see that the buildings are more influenced by the Italian styles and customs than up north. Isn't that just lovely? I simply love Italy. Rome is just like Simeonopole. But Simeonopole is prettier I guess.

Hello dear guests if you look out of the window you'll see the beautiful Sankt Sebastien Monastery perched on that rock. This is our destination for lunch. It will not be as grand as yesterday I'm afraid. The monks have to follow the rule of their abbey which is the rule of Saint Simeon. But I have a list of the few things they are allowed to eat for each lunch. I'm afraid we have to limit ourselves to; 3 types of beer, 5 types of wine, no spirits. Self smoked trout, salmon, eel, 9 types of self produced soft cheeses, self cured hams and sausages. And forest fruits, honey, self made marmalades and jams. Self baked bread smeared with self churned butter. Self made mushroom and herb pies. Is that all? Oh and milk and water. That is all I'm afraid. They are a strict order as you can see. I don't find that very lovely  ()sad() but it wil have to do.

So how was lunch? Was it ok? Oh lovely. You can see where those strict rules lead to don't ya? The monks are all as skinny as me! Well. We stand now in the inner courtyard of the monastery(1). You see how nicely the grass is clipped. The larger courtyard(2) in the front is surrounded by the economy buildings where the monks prepare process all their foods. The courtyard we stand in now is surrounded by the cells for the novices and guests. We came from the stone courtyard with the well(3). That is surrounded by the church(6), the kitchens(7), the refectory(8 ) where we ate our meal and the offices of the Abbot and the priors now we will turn to the left to the small cloister garden(4).

This connects the church(6) on one end with the library(5) to the other end. This library is famous for it's old manuscripts and scrolls. Most are kept in the vaults under the library where oddly enough it is never damp. The monks saw it as a sign and devoted themselves to manuscript copying and decorating them. Manuscripts from this abbey found there way in many exclusive or State collection. The upper floor is the copy room.

Now we go to the church whose décor dates from 1635 and it's frivolous and colorfull baroque is a big contrast to the stern buildings. Isn't that lovely? I simply love Baroque. Now from the church we go through the office of the abbot towards the large cloister garden(10). The surrounding wings house the cells of the monks and the abbot and his priors. But before we enter the big cloister garden I want to point your attention to our left. This small courtyard with low buildings(9) house the old hospice and apothecary of the monastery.

We end our tour in the small square courtyard(11) on the other side of the large cloister garden. This used to be the entrance for ordinary people who were not allowed to use the main gate at the large courtyard(1) with the economy buildings. So, our cars wait underneath the hill. Time to go from sacred ground to noble ground. Haha, I'm so funny aren't I? Ooh Lovely...hurry up Myra, honestly woman, do you call yourself my assistant? Open my door! Thank you.

And there in front of us Lies Appolon Castle. The proud home for the house of  Renkelstein. They have left the castle back in 1702 for their estate. Then the castle was solely used to house the towns garrison. This has been disbanded years ago. Now it is a museum. On local history. Isn't that lovely? Well we are not going to bore you with all that local nonsense. We are going visit the castle itself and have a refreshment before heading to Apollonerfeldt.

The first striking difference is that this castle is much bigger than the one in Burg Posernitz. Here the outer courtyard once housed the stables and the garrison for ages. The marble statue you see here is of the Roman Emperor Trajan. It was dug up at excavations in Apollonerfeldt and decorated the forum in Roman times. Other statues and some freezes and mosaics are to be seen in the dungeon tower. In the chapel lies every Renkelstein in the family tomb that has died since they were fortunate enough to rise to the rank of Count during the dynasty change of 1643. Their family is related to the Princely house of Grafenburg who rose to the throne with Emperor Victor Augustus II after the demise of the Augsfeld dynasty. No wonder the first thing they built was a decent country estate. For until then the Counts and their families governing the county had to live in the dungeon tower and the lords quarters located around the inner courtyard which now houses the museum of local history. Ok. You'll have an hour to visit the castle. For questions you can bother Myra. I'm exhausted and will plant myself on the terrace in the shade, with a big sorbet and a glass of wine.  ;D

I hope you all enjoyed the visit to the castle. I'm all refreshed now. I have send the cars to the town at the foot of the hill, let's have a lovely walk downhill and admire the pretty town of Apollonerfeld. Let's go! The name Apollonerfeldt means field of Apollo naturally. This roman fort or Castellum turned into a trading town at the end of the Roman Empire before the Huns razed it to the ground.  It was not re-inhabited until around the year 900 when the castle was built. the reason that the local lord built a new castle instead of using the remaining fortifications was because the strategic benefits the rock had over the castellum. The town sloly grew, and it was not before the dawn of the 19th century that the populace had to start building their houses outside the roman walls. The fact that the town originated as a Roman Castellum explains the fact why this old town doesn't appear to be organically grown but follows the roman block pattern. Well, isn't the weather lovely? Let's enter the darling thing.

The richly decorated facades around the market square shows as that Apollonerfeldt still is a trading town just like it's roman predecessor. The equestrian statue is believed to be of Scipio Africanus. The Statue was found near the gate through which we entered the town. The City Hall was built in 1632 and some of the roman statuary found that was found while digging for the fundations. They were placed in the niches in the City Hall facade. Just left of city hall is the Apollo hotel where we would have stayed if the Count had not invited us o graciously into his own home. Lovely hotel isn't it? Let's move on dear guests.

The open Square with the Renaisance Barbini fountain is decorated with vases and two bronze statues that were found on this spot in the ground. The medieval market hall to our right together with the fountainsquare are built on the spot where the old forum used to be. And to our left we see the Sankt Sebastien Church. The massive walls look a bit out of place amidst these elegant 18 century buildings but the lovely interior makes up for that, I assure you.

The graveyard and the choir of the church are built on top of the remnants of the temple devoted to Apollo (duh) who was the towns patron. Around the outer walls remains of chapels were found. Chapels devoted to Juno, Jupiter, Mars and Venus. The town was too small to built temples for each deity. To our right, behind the market hall stands the yellow façade of the Three Graces Theatre. Built on the spot where the old roman bath must have been. The spring bubbling up there was rechanelled in the 17th cenury to feed the Barbini Fountain. What is it Myra? Oh yeah, before I forget. This evening Shakespeare's "Much ado about nothing" will be performed in the theatre. If you want to go their after dinner please tell Myra, she' will arrange tickets and everything. Well people, I'm famished. I'll just have a snack while you can walk around and admire all the nice little buildings in this town. Shall we meet here in front of the Apollo hotel in one hours time? Lovely! Have fun now.

Ah, I can almost smell a Dinner with a capital D. The Renkelsteins are famous for their dinner parties and their French Chef. The Renkelstein Estate was built on the edge of there hunting grounds a few kilometers away from Apollonerfeldt. A hamlet grew around it as you can see. The Renkelsteins have never been great gardeners therefore thy haven't spent fortunes on parks around the estate. They are well known hunters with a fondness for archeology. They were the driving force behind all the excavations in the 19th century which produced the splendid remains of roman art which adorns the local squares and buildings. The remnants of the columns they found while excavating around the church for the Apollo temple, have been brought here to the Estate to adorn the garden as a romantic garden feature. Well, I'll lead you to the diningcroom now. Apart from the private bedrooms there are no restricted areas in the house. Myra or the domestic staff can tell you in which room you'll sleep tonight. Your luggage will already be waiting for you. Are we all here? Lovely! Dinner will be served in half an hour. After whih the 'theater' group can assemble in the hall and the rest can go wherever they like! Tadah!

Well I hope you all enjoyed Apollonerfeldt. In the next part of the tour we'll leave the rolling hills of the south behind us for some different scenery. Take care!

Stech.

NikNik

Wow what a great story, what a great MD. Reminds me of some of the great CJ's at ST.

Got to go now so no timeto comment in deep. Only that I love the continuing of Christine Blancmanger!

ga zo door.

Nik-Nik

thundercrack83

Wow! That was a huge update, my friend! And I'm glad to see Ms. Blancmanger is back for another tour! Your farms look excellent, and so does the huge castle that you're made! Keep up the good work!

bat

wonderful update, great work and fantastic castles! :thumbsup: &apls

sebes

Man, the Appolon Castle is the best I ever seen, very romantic and authentic. Great use of Kwakelaars Medieval Wall set! And that monastery of Saint Sebastien is gorgeous to.

Grote klasse &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN