• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Rural areas

Started by mjig_dudy, December 18, 2006, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob56

Floydian: Like the curvy roads and tracks. I suggest removing the grid from your pictures (G)
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

FrankU

Nice rural area!

Maybe Marrasts railwaystation is not the most appropriate here, but as far as I know it's the only diagonal railwaystation we have...

Good work.

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

wouanagaine

Pretty impressive detailling
Worth to get it into the Picture Competition thread IMO

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Floydian

Quote from: FrankU on March 16, 2009, 05:01:50 AMMaybe Marrasts railwaystation is not the most appropriate here, but as far as I know it's the only diagonal railwaystation we have...

I'd agree, but its the only passanger station on that map and it serves a good 5 or 6 small rural towns scattered around.

That looks wicked Mightygoose. The water is very ethereal

Sheep49

Maybe once I'll show the rural side of my cities ;) As the image is quite big...

CLICK ME!

Hope you like it, and sorry for just a link and not posting image here :)
Piotr

P.S. Yeah, I know that the trees under the bridge are cutting into the road.
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

tag_one

io_bg

Beautiful picture! (the only thing I don't like is the pine which is in the middle of the right side of the bridge) BTW what rock mod are you using?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

metasmurf

leonholm

Here are a couple of screenshots from my current region (with only two cities at the moment). I was greatly inspired by Battlecat's mayor diary and have tried to capture the same feeling he is able to get in his cities. Plus, I feel that as a newbie I have a greater chance of succeeding with the region if I start small, hence the rural agricultural cities   :)

io_bg

Looks really nice! :thumbsup: I'd suggest using custom houses and farms, though :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Nexis4Jersey

Heres my Rural areas.

Hope you liked!  ;)

~Corey

CasperVg

A rural city of mine

For those left wondering "Why aren't there any trees on the hill?", here's the awnser: I wanted to create a small hiking path on it, but forgot to download  a dependency (d'oh!)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Nexis4Jersey

Heres my rural plan for Jim's Peak

homefryes

It's "legal" to post this in two different threads, isn't it? I did the same with my maps as I posted them in another "Show us your ..." thread. From my current MD, Ashtabula (link in my signature), this is a north-to-south mosaic from Plymouth. It's townish at the top, but then blends into the countryside.

Plymouth mosaic

-- Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

beutelschlurf

moin Homefryes,

what a mosaic ....  ()lurker() !!!

and a nice one, too  :thumbsup:

b_schlurf

j-dub

It is very interesting how you got those houses to build that way homefryes, houses on different lots, but still how they built next to each other, and then house that don't appear to have road connection. In this case non Maxis single tile residential would not have it had it come out this way.

Copperalis

I have been lurking over at the 3RR pages and have been inspired by a feature of David's Fine Terraforming Tutorials. In Part 1 http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.msg237782#msg237782 David has prepared a slightly raised road over the position of a [future] culvert. This is my experimental interpretation of how this could look, using some of Chrisadam3997's Rural Renewal Project lots and David's trees. The contrast of the trees is a bit too stark and some of the flora is overdone but it was prepared quickly as a bit of eyecandy for fun...

Having had a few issues with the fine tuning of the raised road as used by David I tried a different method. The stream was lowered using the 12m Hole Digger lot. The 14m Hole Raiser Lot was then plopped at right angles to the stream bed and raised for 5 tiles. The end tiles were lowered using roads. These were deleted and replaced using the NAM filler lots.

j-dub

It looks like you know what your doing. This different method works. It looks pretty realistic how the trail has to raise up to get over that pipe.