• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

U-Build-It SE - Daloa Sights

Started by emgmod, October 24, 2009, 09:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where to head to next?

Daloa Part 2
1 (20%)
Train to Colbitz
3 (60%)
Other (specify)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

canyonjumper

Great stuff here emg!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

nedalezz

Concerning the new town, I would vote for the mountain town, as you have already tried your hand at a town situated on a river. Give it a shot! See what you come up with :)

And your region shot looks A-MAZING

emgmod

***Replies***

RickD: The problem with that is the smooth curve has a sidewalk texture too. Maybe if I replace that stretch with RHW...
Battlecat: Top is north. And as for your location you described, I'm thinking ???
KoV Liberty : As in somewhere between the airport and the mine? That could work, depending on the property owned by the mine.
figui: I might try that mountain town location. As for the riverfront one, is that anywhere near where Battlecat suggested?
canyonjumper: Thank You!
nedalezz: The mountain town is going to make an interesting challenge. I'll try it!

A problem that I always had with East Invernessen is the steep slope leading to the town. It was unrealistic in my opinion, so I decided to do something about it.

After a bunch of terraforming, it's now a small extension of West Invernessen. The farms can't expand because of the hillside.

And a preview of the next update.

A special mention...
IrvingTwoSmokes on Simtropolis created this CJ:
You-Plannit: The CJ that puts you in charge!

Sounds familiar, eh? I'm actually endorsing this spinoff.

***I need from you today...***
Name new suggestions for the second town in the region.
Where to expand the farms?

nedalezz

The new town looks great, better than the last. You are right, the slope looks much better gone :)

As for the farms, maybe alongside the river?

figui

nice new update. i like the new town's layout, although the farm's area has been reduced  &mmm. but it looks much better this way.

Quote from: emgmod on July 27, 2010, 12:48:30 PM
(...)
figui: I might try that mountain town location. As for the riverfront one, is that anywhere near where Battlecat suggested?
(...)
:thumbsup:
after reading Battlecat's suggestion again.. it sounds to me that we're both going with the same place.. i'd also go with the suggestion for the recreational areas and marinas on that area..

(...)
And a preview of the next update.

(...)
seems i had to go for my raincoat..

(...)
Name new suggestions for the second town in the region.
1. something to do with water and/or lake..
2. all the way by the river.
3. is there any near the airport, that still lacks it's name?  &Thk/(

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

MandelSoft

I have a name for the new town: Emmental
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

sumwonyuno

I think the results of terraforming and rebuilding were definitely worth it!   ;D

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

RickD

Great terraforming. Much better than before.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

canyonjumper

emg looked at it and the town moved :P Great update!

Your friend,
                              Jordan :thumbsup:

emgmod

Sorry about the lack of updates. If you didn't know yet, I have volunteered to make Nyhaven: An Engineer's View updates in Illu'a. The banner below made by woodb3kmaster links to the latest Nyhaven update (It links to the SC4D version because I'm lazy).

But don't worry! Invernessen will not be neglected! Here is the first picture of the next update. Guess what's going to happen next...

daryl7478

Ooh! An airport. I love airports. I also love Nyhaven.

emgmod

(Before anyone else asks, the plane is Photoshopped in.)

One day, a plane mysteriously landed in Invernessen Airport. No, this isn't a UFO invasion or anything like that.

It's the President of Illu'a! He's on a short vacation in Invernessen. (Since Illu'a has a population of only 5 million, security is relatively small.)

His choice place to stay is up in the mountains, where he goes hiking for a few days.

After relaxing in the mountains, he goes to Downtown Invernessen to buy things/increase Public Relations.

Finally, he sets foot on Cedar Shores and spends his last day relaxing on the beach.

Congratulate that I finally updated!

emgmod

Well guys, it has been a remarkable year for U-Build-It and its viewers. What started with a single post with a few words has blossomed...

into...

a huge...

8.13 megabyte picture. (800x14600)
CLICK IF YOU DARE

How do you follow up something like that? You can't. However, I am offering a couple major choices.

Question 1: Take another rail trip or not
Let's face it, seeing the same sights gets boring after a while. How about an improved trip down to Colbitz? I heard that we can get tickets to see AINvision. (The AIN's Eurovision)

Question 2: US or Euro road textures?
Originally, I had Euro textures. However, I switched them out when the NWM was released because of the lack of Euro textures. Now that there are Euro textures for all roads, should I make the switch or not?

MandelSoft

Yes, certainly I want to see Euro Textures  :thumbsup: . And a train trip sounds nice...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

RickD

Happy birthday!

As for question 1: Yes, definitely.

I am uncertain about question 2, though. I have seen the Euro textures in other MDs and they look good. I believe they would fit very well in your MD. But I think I like the US textures a little bit more. This is partly because they seem "exotic" to me as a european. But I also have technical concerns. When new stuff comes out it takes a while till the Euro textures are available which requires you to either switch back to US textures for a while or live with a mixture. And the TLA networks seem to be pretty useless with euro textures.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Ciuu96

Change of scenery is always nice, so yes for the train trip. About the Euro textures, I am not so sure. They look awesome and I am currently using them, but I just feel they wouldn't fit into U-Build-It so well. But yeah, to me it's not so big deal, both textures are great.
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

woodb3kmaster

Incredible mosaic, emg! Now, to answer your questions:

1) Absolutely! A good train trip is always fun, especially with such a cool destination.
2) IMO, you'd be better off with the US textures. Although NWM compatibility is no longer an issue with the Euro textures, I think the US textures are a better fit for Illu'a in general, since it's located close to North America (and since Lower Columbia uses essentially the same road markings). I also like their appearance better than that of the Euro textures, but that's just me. Whatever you choose will be fine by me.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

canyonjumper

Awesome mosaic emg! I'd keep the North American textures, and I'd love a train trip!

Your friend,

emgmod

***Replies***

mrtnrln: Thank you! Your opinions about the road textures will be taken into consideration.
RickD: Thank you! Of course Euro looks exotic to me as an American. :P Do Euro TLAs have the turn capability?
Ciuu96: It's true that Euro textures won't look exactly right in an North American styled MD. And there's going to be a lot of new scenery.
woodb3kmaster, canyonjumper: Thank you!

We start our journey on a Translink Rail train heading to Colbitz. We got off at Newport Point (I changed the name fomr Newport. There isn't a port anywhere Newport Point.)

Just like last time, a shuttle bus met the train at the station to move tourists to the base of Newport Point Hill.

The bus dropped us off, and we started the hike up the hill.

Hm... It seems as if the top has some campgrounds now.

The people running the fire ritual couldn't do it the night we came because somebody called "The Game" wouldn't allow the fire to light up (darn you PEG nightlighting).

Oh well. We gazed at the stars and rented out a camping spot. Tomorrow will be the last day in uninterrupted nature...

Early the next morning, we took a shuttle bus back and ate breakfast at one of the stores. Those were some good pancakes...

And off we go to Cambridge!(or Daloa!) I think we need some longer rail platforms...

What do you think of New Newport Point?
Should we stop at Cambridge or skip it and go to Daloa?
Sign up for the Name-A-Town Program! You get to name one town that might appear during this trip. If your town was named in the last trip, you are disqualified.

canyonjumper

Awesome! I wanna book a campsite for next Saturday mmk? :P
Cambridge sounds like a nice place to stop ;D

Your friend,