• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mackay... or, The Real Australia

Started by adroman, October 18, 2009, 03:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Nanami

adroman

Jordan (canyonjumper) ~ Thank you, my friend!  ;D

sumwonyuno ~ That is a shame, I do like seeing a bit or rurality  ;D No stopping progress, eh? You could always do a few before and after shots  $%Grinno$% And thank you, I hope this doesn't dissapoint! ()stsfd()

bat ~ Thank you, my friend!  :)

warconstruct ~ Thank you for the compliment!

Tomas Neto ~ Thank you, this is just the beginning, actually!  ;)

Alex (Driftmaster) ~ Thanks, my friend!

976 ~ Thank you!

Today we will be touring through the Western suburb of Glenella... Glenella is a predominately Residential area, with a small Distribution cluster along Fursden's Creek. The suburb is still experiencing huge growth, with estates rapidly. The suburb was subject to widespread flooding in the February Floods of 2008, as the suburb is built along the floodplain of the Pioneer River.

That aside, here's some pictures...

Kicking things off where I left y'all with the teaser... the beginning of an estate.

the Northern wing of said estate.

A view of the expanding section of the estate.

Under construction...

Back to the Roundabout!

We're heading East, up to the "top" of the suburb.

A shot of the housing, with some houses in construction...

Another shot, with a bus stop in the bottom right of the picture.

the Main road winding through the suburb... I'm not too happy with this picture, the houses didn't grow exactly right, and the road's textures are a bit off.  :-[

I know there's a bit of repitition in these shots... it was unavoidable  &mmm

Now, for reference I have a Region Shot showing where I've been showing the last few updates...

On a personal note, I won't be doing another proper update until the 26th of January... As I have to make a trip to Brisbane and Hervey Bay due to family reasons. I'll post some RL photos of these places, just to show y'all the Real Life Australia, to see how good my work really is  ::)... I must say, I'm not too impressed with the timing of this, I wouldn't go if I didn't have to... I'll still be around, as I'll have my laptop... but it doesn't have SC4 on it. %wrd

Havva good one,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

canyonjumper

Nice stuff there Adrian! Nice abundance of matt325's houses. Can't wait for the 26th&apls, Just wondering, where did you get all the construction lots?

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

random_ben7

Haha, I was just in mackay a week ago and I come here to see a MD about it! Very nice work

sumwonyuno

Great pictures!  I really like the homes under construction.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

djvandrake

I don't know why those houses set at an angle strike me as odd.  But, your cities look very nice with them.  :thumbsup:

Nanami

ecoba

Glenella certainly is a nice suburb, Adrian. I think that it couold very well represent the style of Australian growth and the estate patterns are very interesting.

I certainly find that the mixture of residential BATs makes for a very interesting neighbourhood, especially how there is little repition close to one another, this makes it feel like it is a modern suburb with a list of house plans that are spread out throughout the neighbourhood.

Waiting for the 26th frantically, and eagarly...

Ethan

bat

Your new update is really nice! Great work on it! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the next... ;) :)

Battlecat

Brilliant update!  I really like the construction lots you're working with there!  It's a very nice touch indeed. 

Have a great trip, looking forward to seeing what you've got next when you get back!

oktoberfest

g'day mate! oy, i like this more than a good wallabie on the road to alice springs (austrialian speak fail)
I couldnt think of anything to put here, so i put this :D

WC_EEND

Lovely looking suburb Adrian &apls

Quote from: oktoberfest on January 10, 2010, 05:41:31 AM
g'day mate! oy, i like this more than a good wallabie on the road to alice springs (austrialian speak fail)

tip: it's written wallaby, not wallabie ;)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

kwakelaar

Nice looking suburbs, and the construction sites are a great touch.

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

dobdriver

G'Day Adrian,

Congratulations for the OSItM award, as a realistic recreation, Mackay is coming along beautifully,

Some nice updates here, you've been a busy fella of late.

That's a great recreation of the airport and echoing what all the others have commented on like the lone trees, just how many paddocks have you been past, over, through that have been razed bar that one tree. Oodles.

Oblique set houses although not being on every house block is not something that uncommon to see and really breaks up the SC4 view. And I like those house construction lots too.

Have a good holiday, catch ya when ya get back.

*oktoberfest, I'd stick with the far less demanding English before trying the highly technical Australian :D

take it easy
dobdriver

ps look for alice soon.

thingfishs

Quote from: oktoberfest on January 10, 2010, 05:41:31 AM
Quote from: dobdriver on January 11, 2010, 04:36:00 PM
*oktoberfest, I'd stick with the far less demanding English before trying the highly technical Australian :D

Bloody oath ;) :D

newsimaddict

he he. too right.

Congrats on the OSItM award too, well deserved!

trainguy4449

Still looks fantastic. And I'm glad you enjoyed the review, androman.