• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mackay... or, The Real Australia

Started by adroman, October 18, 2009, 03:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke09

Oh ok Joely,thats good to know  :thumbsup:
PS:WELCOME TO PAGE 2
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Jmouse

Hi Adrian! Always good to see players include their own BATs and lots in their MDs. IMO, creating the structure is easy compared to getting the texture to look right. &mmm All too often, a building ends up looking too new and too clean. Just takes work and experience to get the hang of it, and I still need a lot more work and experience!

Looking forward to seeing more of Australia...
Joan

adroman

Thomas Neto:D, glad you liked it!

Bobbi ~ Thanks man!  :D

Battlecat ~ Thank you for your comment! I spent hours on that terrain, but only now am I showing it to the world. I hope I've captured them well, they're unedited images from the Game.

Luke09 ~ Yes, thanks for your comment, but as Joel said, that's only an alpha render... Joel and I will add the logos and better textures as we go.

Joel (joelyboy911) ~ Thanks for defending my beaches, sorry, our supermarket! But yes, we will get some better textures and signs!

WC_EEND ~ Oi! you there!  :P I rarely say it myself, but many of my peers do. Thanks, I'm really trying to make this authentic! Don't worry, my fingers are crossed!

Driftmaster07 ~ Thanks for you input, but Joel and I have a fair bit of work to do before a release! Thanks again.

Luke09 ~ PAGE TWO!  :party:

Joan (JMouse) ~ Thanks for your comments! I enjoy looking at people's BAT's too, seeing them in their Native habitat is awesome, in my opinion. Joel and I have a long way to go on the Supermarket yet, so stay tuned!

It's my birthday, but you get the presents!  $%Grinno$%
Introducing Update Number Two, on Page Number Two, THE REAL AUSTRALIA: SUN, SURF AND SAND
As Requested by Joel!

The road to the coast, after passing through the cane growing regions so common in our part of the world... PROTIP: Did you know that the Mackay Region grows roughly 1/3 of Australia's total Sugar production?

The beach line receding into the hills. This is caused by the way Australia's coast line a long, long, LONG time ago was lined with Volcanoes, when the water rose and flooded the valleys making for excellent Deep Water Harbours!

Familiar? It was my entry in the Picture contest. - This little shot shows a Boat Ramp that sees most of it's action during the Holidays, so it's a little quiet this time of year... Anyway, this is a remote coastline!

A little island in the Coral Sea... PROTIP: These islands are sparsely populated and there are thousands in the Great Barrier Reef.

A couple of beach houses that are strangely full for this time of the year. but then again, the Golden Oldies don't follow school holidays do they?  :P
Final note: Ignore the texture on the end two lots, the transparency system still has a few kinks!

Now, let's keep a safe distance and not do a Jessica Watson!... (this should give an indication as to what our next updates will be headed toward!)

As usual: Last Word
I hope you enjoyed this update! But, no offence take these beaches with a pinch of salt, these are not exact, and our beaches tend to go on forever, with plain sand!

Havva good one,
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

joelyboy911

Ooh, very interesting. Nice of you to link to my MD too. :P

I see you like the bamboo included in one of Jeronij's packs. I have it too. But peg's newest flora mod on the STEX looks interesting also.

Nice beach houses also.

I hope you show some sugar cane plantations soon as well (I suppose you could say the same to me about my dairy farms...).

Anyway, Good job!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Tomas Neto

Nice work my friend!!! Beautiful beach!!!  :thumbsup:

Earth quake

Great work at the Lot.
I really like your beach and the house near the beach. :thumbsup:

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Luke09

i liked those homes in the beach,and where can i found the trails and the boat ramp from picture 1????
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

djvandrake

Nice beaches and coral.  Off to a very good start here.  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Classy work!  Those beaches look great!

KoV Liberty

Very well planned! Good job!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

io_bg

Hey, adroman, nice start! :thumbsup: The beach and the houses next to it look quite nice, as well as the detailing of the shore! Looking forward to more ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Jmouse

Beaches look really good, Adrian. And I love Matt325's houses - I have every one of them in my plugins.

Hope we get to see more of Australia's lovely seaside scenes ala adroman. ;D IMO, beaches are the one of the most difficult elements to use and make it look right, so it will be interesting to see where you go with this thread .

Later...
Joan

adroman

Well guys, a day has past since my update, and I thought I'd keep replying as much as possible!

Joel (Joelyboy911) ~ Thank you my friend! it's my pleasure, you're MD's something of a legend, in my opinion... Yes, the Bamboo is very, very nice... I quite liked it in your MD, so I tried it myself and fell for the look. PEG's flora looks okay, but I never really liked it that much, I'll try and combine it with the next updates. I did the beach houses months ago, but never used them for anything major until now. Yes, let's just say my next update will be very sweet... thanks for the birthday wishes!

Thomas Neato ~ Thanks man, I slaved for hours over them beaches! Glad you liked them...

Earth quake ~ Thanks, I found, in my humble opinion, my talent when I tried the LOT Editor... Thanks, them Beach houses were a last minute thing too...

Bobbi ~ Thanks-a-million! I quite like how the beaches turned out too!

Luke09 ~ the Trails are apart of the Rural Renewal Project that's avaliable on the LEX... I'll enquire into that Boat ramp for you, I believe it was made by Chrisadams3997. I'll have your answer in the next update!

djvandrake ~ Thank-you my friend! I liked the look of the coral too,io but it took a while to make it look right!

Battlecat ~ Classy eh? Thanks man, your comments mean heaps!

Driftmaster07 ~ Thanks, it took a long time to get that tile set up right... A very long time, I think it's paid off though  ()stsfd()

io_bg ~ Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! The shore took a while to do right, but I think in the end, it worked out well...

Joan (Jmouse) ~ You're becoming a staple of my replies  :D, but thank-you for your comments, Matt's houses work well for me too! Beaches are very difficult to capture... I have a few ideas for the future in mind...

Last word
I have two options for you:
(a) Continue up the coast to a river inlet
(b) trek back to the road, follow it into my canefields
It's up to the first person to reply!

Also, would anyone like to do a train skin mod for me?  ;D

P.S. My 100th post!

tooheys

Adrian, sorry I was a bit late in dropping by, but you are doing a great job so far  :thumbsup:

I must say you haven't set yourself an easy task. Your selection of props and fauna fit in very well and I'll be interested to see how this progresses.

QuoteIt's up to the first person to reply!

Let's check out the canefields ;)

Dave

adroman

Cane fields it is...

Thanks for selecting that actually, tooheys Dave, Beaches are a lot of work! :D

I'll get re-LOTing then....

Havva good one.

Sciurus

I love, this is very very very beautiful what you do &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Nexis4Jersey

Needs some more textures otherwise it looks good &apls

ecoba

Beautiful, beautiful natural landscapes.

If this is the real Australia, then I am packing my bags and buying a one-way ticket.

Your representation of Australia is wonderful, and I can't wait for more.

Ethan

danielcote

Those are some nice beaches you have there great job!