• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire - An Empire of the stars

Started by Emperor Stormont, April 02, 2007, 05:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Stormont

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

bat

Emperor Stormont

Kimcar - Thanks mate, I agree its always nice to see the RL buildings, adds something extra. Hope you enjoy this update

Sebes - Indeed he is very lucky ;p lol

Carmine - Thanks hun, so pleased you loved it

Sebes - I've tried my best to create my version of it, nothing comparable to the actual structure, but until that is created I shall have to make do with some lovely Debussy props :)

Eric - Thank you Eric, always so lovely to have you comment and pleasing that you enjoy it :)

Bat -
Thanks Bat!!

Sciurus - Thank you very Guillaume, so happy I could bring back some memories of such a glorious city. Glad you liked the paper as well :)

Bat - Thanks mate, glad u liked it.

In this second part we take a look at the cultural attractions of the Palace Quarter and the people that live there. As previously mentioned, the area is home to some of the most exclusive residential and commerical property in the city with a myriad of both independent and designer boutiques, department stores, galleries, Michelin star restaurants and designer lounge bars.

The area was extensively re-developed in 1906 after the Passau Earthquake which destroyed a vast swathe of the area leaving only a handful of original buildings remaining, one of those was the Queen Victoria Crystal Galleria. A beautiful covered arcade that was opened to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria. The expansive glass roof was devastated during the earthquake, but the building itself survived and the roof was later repaired and the arcade re-opened. The Galleria is home to some of the most exclusive shopping outlets in Perseus with names ranging from Mulberry, Gieves & Hawkes, Armani, Versace,  Mont Blanc and Bvlgari.

The area is also home to the largest Amerikano Department store outside of Vercelli. It opened its doors in 1975, taking ownership of the McAuley-Anderson Department Store and expanded to provide some of the best shopping in Atlantica-Alba from an in-house Rolls Royce and Aston Martin dealership to the largest designer female fashion floor in Atlantica-Alba. In total it has 10 floors of glorious retail therapy, chic restaurants, a gourmet food hall and Bollinger Champagne & Oyster Bar

The area was further re-developed after the Atlantean handover with historic buildings retained and developed with some of the original grand street patterns that existed before the earthquake restored. New avenues and public spaces were added and historically important buildings no longer in use re-developed. One such building was the former government offices of the Ben Madigan governing authority that existed under British control. The building was also the seen of the British-Atlantean Handover, the area around the building was re-landscaped a monument put in place to recognise the achievements of the people and officials that brought the handover about.

The building itself now serves as a museum to Ben Madigan political and social history.

The area is is renowned for its cultural delights. To the south of the quarter lies the Altantean Museum of Modern Art that showcases some of the most ground breaking and at time controversial art work from the home planets to the Persusian people, located across from the museum is the Perseus National Opera House. A world leading Operatic training college and home to one of the most beautiful performance spaces available. It recently re-opened after a costly refurbishment programme. Positioned beside the Art Museum is the former

Marking the Eastern boundary of the quarter is the home of the Imperial Symphony Orchestra and the Passau Performing Arts Centre, one of the largest of its kind. The area is a draw for all people whether they be politicans, Persusian citizens, tourists or diplomats. Its one of the most vibrant and culturally significant area in all of Perseus and is the cultural heart of the colony.

Hope you all enjoyed this second update, the third update will be the final from the Palace Quarter and we shall look at the important governmental and diplomatic fuctions of the area

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

sebes

Emperor, I am drooling again over my keyboard... each of your updates makes the mess here a bit bigger.

I cannot wait for the day that Nieuw Nederland will open an Consulate or a Deputy Observatory Office in this quarter.. I think I have spotted just the right place for that in one of your pictures already  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Dark_Jedi06

Yeesh, you just sank my battleship!! :D

Simply stunning work as always, I feel humbled by the sheer magnitude by which Atlanteans construct their cities. You're combination of real pictures to match the in-game buildings also adds that special touch. :)

May I ask where you downloaded the Queen Victoria Crystal Galleria? :satisfied:
...this space to be filled soon...

Emperor Stormont

@Eric - The Galleria is not a downloadable lot. I created it using a mixture of props :) So pleased you liked it though  :satisfied:

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Dark_Jedi06

Quote from: Emperor Stormont on April 24, 2009, 11:50:54 AM
@Eric - The Galleria is not a downloadable lot. I created it using a mixture of props :) So pleased you liked it though  :satisfied:
*gasp*

I couldn't even tell! :o Simply amazing and quite ingenious. :satisfied: Can you tell me what prop pack they belong to? Odds are I probably have them but just haven't stumbled upon them yet... :P
...this space to be filled soon...

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

kimcar

&apls &apls Just excellent. Thanks for sharing your pics they are just great to look at it  :thumbsup:

dsrwhat316

Every time I come here, I'm blown away by your LE skills  &apls

The most ingenious thing I saw was the Queen Victoria Crystal Galleria. The way you put various buildings together to make new one, and integrate RL pics to match, was definitely eye-catching to me.

Just one question; do you have any slums built? We always see lavishly built high-wealth areas, but I don't think I've seen any poorer areas yet. Excellent work!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Emperor Stormont

@Dan

We don't have slums no. Poverty in both the Empire and in Perseus has been eliminated through social policies, education, training and job creation. Not everyone is wealthy, but everyone earns the average national income figure and benefits from generous social systems.

The cities are the showcase of Atlantis and her colonies, most people live in the cities or in suburban areas (those are still to be shown). However, no we do not have any slums or areas of poor quality housing.

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Sciurus

It's impressive, and beauitful, woderful!!!! &apls &apls I can't imagine the time you spend to do it, but I thnik t's important!! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Emperor Stormont

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Emperor Stormont

Thanks everyone for such lovely comments. Work is a touch hectic at the minute but I am preparing a new update and an extra special paper to celebrate the news of the empire expanding as seen in the added paper :)

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

bat

Wonderful new newspapers there! Great articles! And also nice pictures of your city! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Emperor Stormont

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

rooker1

Wow....
Great mix of real life pics and in game ones.  Everything fits together so well and great read too, although a little long for me &ops .
It's always awesome to visit your MD.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

dragonshardz

Looking great.

Incidentally, I haven't been that active on the SCJU forum because my computer got a massive virus infection that destroyed all of Jenress. I'm working on building a "new" planet (AKA region) and coming up with an enemy with the power to kill the entire population of a planet.