• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

• Recreating Berlin - Germany •

Started by kelis, September 08, 2009, 10:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomas Neto

kelis

• Neue Wache • [ New Guard Building ]

Hello, today we will know one of the most emblematic buildings in Berlin. The new Guard [Neue Wache]
For two days I was working in the BAT to design this beautiful building, I had high hopes
have him in my city to show it and tell a little of its history, location, etc ...
so I really hope you like it and enjoy it.

One of the novelties of the new Berlin Berlin esque attempts to teach in a "tourist"
put it in some way, I mean I will try to you to learn and know this precious
city, its monuments and points of interest in a thorough and informative, using
and real images instead of simcity for a way that you feel more the feeling of being
Berlin really knew their places.

[ In this illustration you can see the building around the 1910s ]

• Construction •

The building was designed by German architect Friedrich Schinkel , the maximum exponent
of neoclassicism in architecture. This was the first important commission of Schinkel in Berlin.

King Frederick William III of Prussia ordered the construction of the  Neue Wache  to
commemorate the defeat of Napoleon and the achievement of freedom in Berlin. The construction
was completed in 1818. It is located in the place where formerly stood
the wall that surrounded Berlin.

• Functions and History •

His first role was to commemorate the defeat of Napoleon in the war of liberation, later
in 1931 happened to be a monument to the memory of the German victims of war 1st
world. From 1960 served as a place to commemorate the victims of fascism, currently
is the National Memorial for the victims of war and tyranny around the world.

[ In this picture you can see Adolf Hitler out of the building of the New Guard ]

• During the Second World War •

Berlin was a city bombardeade during the Second World War, many of its buildings
most emblematic were damaged and this was no exception, the building was seriously
aereros attacks damaged by losing some of its structure.

[ In this picture you can see the building severely damaged after the Second World War ]

The Neue Wache is located in "Unter den Linden" is the most famous boulevard of the city.

After 1949 the building was located in the Soviet zone and was part of the former
German Democratic Republic. In 1960 the building was reconstructed and repaired, reopened
as a monument to the victims of fascism and militarism.
In 1969, the 20th anniversary of the "GDR" was placed in the center of the building structures
glass prism with an eternal flame, with the remains of an unknown soldier victim
of the concentration camps of World War II.

After German reunification in 1993, the building was again dedicated to the victims of
war, formally called "Central Memorial of the Federal Republic of Germany for
Victims of war and tyranny. "

The sculpture commemorating the GDR was withdrawn and replaced by a sculpture
Käthe Kollwitz called "A mother with her dead son." This sculpture is
oculo located under the roof of the building and so is exposed to rain, snow and cold
Berlin climate, symbolizing the suffering of civilians during the Second World War.

[ In this picture you can see the inside of the building with the sculpture under the oculo ]

Now a little information from the building if you want to pay us a visit:

• Direction: Unter den Linden, 4. Berlin, Alemania.

• Transport: S. Hackescher Markt.

• Horary: Open to all year.

Thanks for your visit and hope you have enjoyed this tour through Berlin: D
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Tomas Neto

Fabian93

FANTASTIC  &apls &apls
Can not wait to see more of your recreation, I recently tried to recreate parts of it (with my additions), too and I know how hard it is to recreate the Museum Island. I think I didn't succeed, but you definitively did :thumbsup: &apls
Hong Kong was awesome... and Berlin will be awesome, too :thumbsup:

BTW... May I ask which building you used as the Alte Nationalgalerie (Old National Gallery)? I have never seen it before...

Keep it up,
Fabian :)

WC_EEND

:o I'm amazed! This is obviously something that took a lot of time to create, but the result is simply astonishing.
On a side note, will the Tempelhof airport also be recreated?
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

kelis

Fabian93 ~

Hi, Yes, and seen your work and really inspires me.
The truth is hard to recreate Berlin but I think that I will be successful  :thumbsup:
The building is Teatro Degollado and its creator is ripptide.
Thanks for your comment, I hope you come back.

WC_EEND ~

If I want to recreate the three airports of Berlin.
Thanks for your comment.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Delecto

AAAAHH...  :o :shocked2: ?=mad)= Berlin, for me the most beautyful city in the world.
You did an incredible job to recreate that part of the city, your introduction is also very pleasant.  

Sorry but I do not know what to say more for the moment, I'm in shock!  ()lurker()

DEL!

Girafe

Amazing !!!  &apls &apls &apls

well job in this city that I don't know very good    :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

nrmn67

Great start! Only one thing. AFAIK there is a railway crossing the island between the Bode Museum and the other museums.

kelis

nrmn67 ~

Yes, but that part of the railway line have to divert because it is not real, SimCity and its limitations, you understand me..?
.                                                                                                                      

vester

Great start.

Beautiful city you have started there.

WC_EEND

:o is that the Fernseherturn?
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

Fabian93

Wow  &apls &apls
Fantastic work on the Fernsehturm :thumbsup:.
May I ask from where you got the base of the Fernsehturm or did you make that yourself?

Fabian

kelis

is a sketchup model changed and exported by my.
.                                                                                                                      

Yan077

In french this is GRANDIOSE :o
sorry I have no english words to describe your Berlin...

&apls

sithlrd98

Just found my way over to this...excellent job as always! Love it!!!  &apls &apls

Jayson

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

sumwonyuno

Oh wow, that looks nice!  I'm anxious to see the rest of the structure!

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Sciurus

Waow, as Yann, I'll use the word GRANDIOSE to descrive what you do :o :o :o
I love, it reminds me my trip to Berlin in 2008, crongrats!! &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *