• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Empire of Leviathan

Started by Fabian93, August 29, 2009, 12:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabian93

Update #15 - Another rural area in Leviathan

Thanks a lot for so many great replies, yet again. I'm glad that you are still following this MD so close. It is the most important thing for a MD, to have people following it closely. Your answers are always appreciated &apls.

A general overview, showing the area we are focusing on in this Update

I really like that shot, somehow. The river still needs some detailing, though...

Well...
I hope you liked this Update. I'll be here with another Update, soon ;).

Fabian

Replies

TheTeaCat: Thanks a lot Derry. I'm glad that you like the recent mosaic :). That advise is really appreciated, but I have already tried that and it still doesn't work... &mmm
Bobbi (x2): Thank you, Bobbi ;) - it's great to see you posting here so frequently, I really appreciate it :).
sumwonyuno (x2): Thank you :). I'm glad to hear, that you like it.
Earth quake: Merci beaucoup ;D.
kwakelaar (x2): Thanks a lot for your replies :).
Sciurus (x2): Thank you, Guillaume. I hope that the new area satisfies your expectations ;). I tried to avoid building trees on rocks in this new area... hope I succeeded :D.
Tomas Neto: Thanks a lot, Tomas. I am glad that you like it :).
Delecto: Thanks a lot :). It's great to hear that you would consider living in Leviathan ;).
gottago: Thanks a lot :). Glad you like most of it. Well it's not the first time, that somebody indicated the "overuse" of those rocks to me ;D. I'll try to work on it whenever I build a new river :thumbsup: (I guess you didn't really like the second last picture then :D - but it's ok ;)).
Battlecat: Thanks a lot. That's a big compliment for me :).
io_bg: Thank you, Ioan. Glad you like the farms :).
djvandrake: Thank you ;). It's great to hear, that you like it.

Battlecat

Great job!  The farms are coming along very nicely, and I really like what you've done with your coastlines and river edges! 

BarbarossaS

I agree with Battlecat, and coming from him, that's high praise!
Excellent work Fabian!

-Stijn-

djvandrake

Great update!  Really nice work on the farm fields and that steam.  &apls

Tomas Neto

Wow my friend...!!! Fabian, you are a master in urban and rural areas!!!  &apls &apls &apls

Earth quake

Wonderfull Update. &apls
The overview is really impressive.
Your rural aera is really nice, and the villages are really splendid, really realistic.
And the river is just awesome. :o

Sciurus

So, Fabian, some explanations... :D
Your update is wonderful, I particullary love the overview, which is very very impressive.
The work you've done on your differents villages is nice, but, I think you should do (as in real life) an industrial area next to the village, and not in the village. Do you undertsand?
For trees on rocks, yes, you've succedded, I didn't see trees &apls
So, one more time, congratulations for this update &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:

PS: I've forgotten one thing: could we have a region overview please?
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Delecto

The teaser did not lie, this update is really magnificent. The first picture has a striking effect and yes I would live gladly in Leviathan.  :D
Nice work!  :thumbsup:

DEL!

Fabian93

Just another teaser of my current work ;):

Hope you like it! I'll be posting an Update tomorrow... or Friday, I guess :).

Fabian

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

JBSimio

Fabian, I owe you a very large apology...  I really should have stopped by here much sooner!  Your teaser has done its job and I'm definitely looking forward to your next update.  In the meantime, I really enjoyed the look of update #15.   The style is very interesting to me and something I'm not used to seeing.  The smaller pockets of development among the farms look great, but what I really like is how all those little pockets combine to make the whole "town."  I would expect to see them all centrally combined but the way you've scattered the pieces around the farms works very well and gives a lot to look at.   &apls

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Tomas Neto

Fantastic teaser, Fabian!!!  &apls

Sciurus

Oh, Fabian, it's a really nice little german city! But I don't like the repetition of Middle-age BATs ;)
Oh, Fabian, ist es eine sehr sehr hübsch kleine Deutsche Stadt! Aber, ich mag nicht die Widerhoulng von dem MittleAlters BATs ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Glowbal

I really like it. Your rural areas start me wanting to create some as well..

Nardo69

Ah, I can see you made some use of my tutorial!  ()stsfd()

Great pics (even some of them are a tad too dark for my old CRT). That teaser realles teases, looking forward to see more of that small town!

Take care!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

silentbreaker

Wow! You're still getting better and better!  :thumbsup: IMHO there's absolutely nothing to criticize on your rural shots - they are just stunning as well as your teaser. However some more people on the streets would make it more alive but I know how difficult this is... so that's not a real minus  ;)

Battlecat

Very nice teaser indeed!  Lovely choice of buildings!

art128

Another splendid updates there Fabian !

The Mosaic of Erhaven is very nicely done, the farms surrounding the houses are sweets also as the city center. The church plaza is fantastic too, although the place seems a bit empty, but it's not a problem at all, fantastic work.
The general-view-teaser-picture is good too, I don't have any reproach on it, because everything is very well done. But, I'm not that kind of all the streets you used in the farm fields, some seems a bit out of place (for example the diagonal one in the bottom center), I think a tree line will be much more appreciated here. But that's only my holy opinion !  ;D
The update just after the picture mentioned before is awesome too, as I said, the farm fields are well done and the housing estates too. I like how the rail line fit in very well, you've done a good job with it. The only little thing I don't really like is the slope before the bridge (the one that goes in the other side of the Maxis river). I think one slope instead of two is much more better.  ;)
Now, the last picture. Well, it show very well a good example of a medieval town center, with the old church, the old paved street and the old housing. It's very nice the way you put all those buildings, it make it feeling like a real shot of an old German town, nice job ! I can only suggest you to use a bit more of road in your cities, I feel bored of the streets very fast..  :D I think, in that last picture, a road running top-bottom where there's a street at left would be very nice, also as the use of the SAM here, to get an old pavement texture, to make it more looking as an old medieval town center.

Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

hooha47

Congrats on OSTIM, it's well deserved.  That mosaic in update 14 was fantastic, and I love your rural areas.

Keep showing us more.  :thumbsup:
"If you want to have cities, you've got to build roads." - Cake

See all my lots on the STEX
And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here