• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Empire of Leviathan

Started by Fabian93, August 29, 2009, 12:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomas Neto

Woww!!! Fantastic mosaics!!! Great job!!!  :thumbsup:

hooha47

I love your MD.  That last port mosaic is outstanding.  I can't wait to see more. &apls
"If you want to have cities, you've got to build roads." - Cake

See all my lots on the STEX
And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here

Fabian93

Update #7 - Another Mosaic of Laon-Mitte

Wow! I can not believe how many replies I've got (yes for me this is a lot!).
Thank you so much for your support everybody  &apls.
In this update I will show you some more Laon-Mitte  ;). I hope it doesn't get boring. But Laon-Mitte is the district I'm working on since months and it isn't even completed (Laon-Mitte is supposed to be on one large tile - the whole City of Laon is planned to be on approximately 9 tiles or more [I know it's huge]). Laon-Mitte is also the only district I'm currently working on, so I can't show you more at the moment (except from the port). Please let me hear your thoughts - Does it get boring or would you like to see some variety?
Oh, by the way, I just noticed, that my MD is now one month old  :D (or young).

Okay here's your next question, already  :D.
Shall I show you a huge mosaic of Laon-Mitte (it's without shrinking it 1680x16000 px) or should I show you the Lots I did myself in the Lot Editor and then, how I incorporated them into my city?
Let me know  :). I personally would love to show you some Lots and if there's enough interest I could also upload them.

Fabian

Replies

_maciex_: Thank you! I had huge problems building a good looking refinery. I think I've worked on it 10 times or so and always had to bulldoze it.
sumwonyuno: Thanks a lot! I was not sure how you would think of it. But glad you like it (I think you were referring to the first picture).
io_bg: Thanks a lot Ioan. Glad to see you here so often  :thumbsup:.
shermankim777: Thanks a lot. Well I don't know what dependencies you are missing. If I remember right there are no dependencies needed for Somy's ports. You can just download them and they are supposed to work, aren't they?
Battlecat: Thanks a lot  :). Yeah, I've tweaked the angle in the first picture, hehe. Hope I didn't confuse you  :P. I don't know if that was an indirect question. But most of the Lots I've used can be found in emilin's tutorial  ;).
silentbreaker: I take your words as a compliment. Thanks a lot. But in fact it's my first port. I've never tried to build a port before and personally I never thought that everybody "loves" my port. I think I've learned a lot from emilin's tutorial: Building a seaport... the hard way. And of course also by looking at the "Show us your seaport/shoreline"-thread  ;).
djvandrake: Thanks a lot. Glad you like it. I plan to extend the industrial area near my port soon.
Sciurus: Thanks a lot Guillaume  :) - Your comments are always appreciated. Glad you like it  :).
art128: Thanks a lot for writing here so frequently and giving such nice comments, Arthur. It is really appreciated. And I hope I didn't hurt you that much with my confusing angle  $%Grinno$% :P.
jimbo_jj: Thanks a lot. I also take this as a compliment, as it really is my first port  :). Glad you like it and I'm even more happy to hear that you see some kind of realism in it.
ecoba: Thanks Ethan. I love Whitefall, Iridar, too. How could I not? - I mean, it's a Hall of Fame MD  $%Grinno$%. Comparing my MD with this fabulous MD is a big compliment. Thanks a lot.
Tomas Neto: Thanks a lot  :). Glad you like it.
hooha47: Thanks! You might have noticed that I use your parking lots a lot. These are awesome, thanks for creating them (had to say this, while I had the chance to  :P).

Glowbal

very very very nice Mosaic!  :thumbsup:

aint that fountain from a roundabout filler?  :P

art128

Hey, the gird !  :P
Excellent developing once again, the trams fit in well perfectly as the rail line. The modern buildings are a nice touch to make that area feeling like a real city scene. The walls are great too, looks like there were an old citadel here before ?!
Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:

PS - I go for the Lot Editor too...  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

djvandrake

Nice mosaic!  &apls  I love the GLR.

Okay here's your next question, already  .
Shall I show you a huge mosaic of Laon-Mitte (it's without shrinking it 1680x16000 px) or should I show you the Lots I did myself in the Lot Editor and then, how I incorporated them into my city?
Let me know  . I personally would love to show you some Lots and if there's enough interest I could also upload them.

My vote goes to seeing the lot editor work.  I'm always interested in that and you're obviously rather good at it.  :thumbsup:

wallasey

It has been an age since I saw something like this on any of the associated fan-sites. I have been bowled over by what you have shown on here. The rail is brilliant; not many people have perfected it to the extent which you have.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Battlecat

Cool to know you're tweaking the angles!  It really does have a positive impact on the way your shots look!  Speaking of which, that's another really nice one today!  Love the way you use the rail yards. 

Tomas Neto

Fantastic the beauty of this mosaic!!! Really great work!!!  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

You know Fabian, it's still a pleasure for me to see your city, and I'm glad that my comments are nice for you :)
So, this mosaic is awesome, and beautiful!! &apls &apls

Gullaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

silentbreaker

Of course it was meant to be a compliment  :thumbsup:

And boring?! Your mosaics are definitely not boring. Instead they are a real pleasure; I especially like all the greenery, reminds me a bit of Berlin!  &apls

Keep it up!

silentbreaker

io_bg

Truly excellent work! (as usual :P) Nice rail layout and use of w2w buildings! But I wonder how the sims ride on the trams, I didn't see even one GLR station on that long avenue by the rail station ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

hooha47

Another great mosaic, and thanks for the plug. :thumbsup:

I would love to see both the large mosaic and your lots, but if I have to choose one, I'd say the lots.  I'm always curious to see how great city builders use the lot editor, so please show us some lots. :)
"If you want to have cities, you've got to build roads." - Cake

See all my lots on the STEX
And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here

Fabian93

Update #8 - Showing my own Lots: Part 1

Thank you for so many replies, yet again  :thumbsup:.
In this Update I will show you some of the Lots I made. I will split this in several parts.
You might notice that I got inspired a lot by places in Berlin. Though I didn't try to recreate them, I just got, as I've already said, inspired.
Hope you like it.

The Kommandantenhaus in Berlin inspired me

When making this Lot, I was inspired by the Bebelplatz in Berlin

The Potsdamer Tor in Berlin...

...inspired me to make my own city gate

Hope you liked Update #8. See you soon with Update #9, where I will show you some more of my own Lots  ;).

Fabian

Replies

Glowbal: Yes it is  :P. Thought it would fit quite good in front of that "high-rise".
art128: Thanks a lot, Arthur :). Well, actually those walls are supposed to represent the old city walls of Laon  ;). Glad you like it. Oh and of course I want to congratulate you for becoming an "OSITM" :).
djvandrake: Thanks  :). Hope you like the Lots I've been showing in this update.
wallasey: Thanks. I take this as a big compliment  :). Glad you like it.
Battlecat: Thanks a lot  :), glad you like it and I'm even more glad to see you writing so frequently in this MD.
Tomas Neto: Thank you  ;). Glad to see you here so often, too.
Sciurus: Thanks a lot, Guillaume  :thumbsup:. I'm glad to hear that you like it :).
silentbreaker: Thanks a lot  :). It's always great to hear that, since I really love Berlin. I'll be driving to Berlin for 3 days (from 16-18), yet again. I might get some new ideas for the Lot Editor there.
io_bg: Thanks a lot, Ioan  :). Yeah I know there's a lack of GLR stations, but I'll work on that  ;).
hooha47:  Thanks again  ;). Hope you liked the first part of my Lots.

Sciurus

Woaw, wonderful! I forgot last time to say that your city is a model for mine! &apls
I also saw the answers, and it's the same than last answer, is it normal? :D

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

silentbreaker

Your city is really inspiring me; you just know how to integrate new buildings like the cinedom or the the glass/steel towers in W2W areas  :thumbsup: (something they could really learn from you here in Berlin; imho most new buildings are just plain ugly or totally misplaced  ()sad())

PS: Do they write from right to left in Leviathan now?  :P

Tomas Neto

Awesome!!! Really, fantastic update!!!  &apls &apls

art128

Now, that is some sweets LE work my friend ! I see that many real area inspired you, that is a good thing. I really like the Postdamer tor, nicely done !
Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Bobbi

WOW! LE is a fantastic thing $%Grinno$%

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Glowbal

That sure is some nice update!  &apls