• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Empire of Leviathan

Started by Fabian93, August 29, 2009, 12:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Quote from: Fabian93 on September 01, 2009, 08:41:46 AM
art128: Glad you like it Arthur. It's the first time I have a MD together with you in one section  :D, but I see you're almost a Best Seller (at least soon  :P).
Yeah, it's the first time  :D
Great update Fabian, these mosaics are awesome. I really love the overview, we can see that your city is beautiful. (BTW, I prefer the overview)
The empty grass space in front of the chancellery is a great touch, it make it looking even more realistic. I like the paved area in the overview, it make it looking like a historical center, even thought the historical center can be behind the walls.
take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Fabian93

Update #3 - From the Siegesplatz to the Broadcasting Center of Leviathan

In the 3rd Update I will show you the area between the Siegesplatz and the Broadcasting Center of Leviathan  :).
As you can see, I have added a border for the mosaic - I'll keep doing this in the future updates, too. Hope you like it.

In the next update we will visit Veburg, a small city, which is laying about 20km away from Laon, with merely 2.000 inhabitants.
Hope you enjoyed Update #3  :).
Now I will test out the demo of Cities XL! I expected a lot of that game, but from what I've heard so far, it is not that good  ()sad().

Fabian

Replies

gottago: Thanks for your comment  :). I don't know what to do about the black shadows and I think I will keep it the way it is, thanks for the criticism, though.
6underground: Thanks! Glad you like it  ;).
tankmank: Thanks a lot! Hm, I don't know, but personally I like the texture I use now more, than the Maxis texture.
ponnie: Thanks. Glad you would like to live in it  ;D.
djvandrake: Thanks a lot  :).
jimbo_jj: Maybe I would have an advantage in a smaller city, but I have to look at pictures of bigger European cities, since I'm living in a city with only 27.000 inhabitans. Glad you like it  ;).
soulchaser: Glad you like the medieval wall, this is something I like a lot, too. But actually most of the buildings are grown  ;), I just plop the diagonal buildings and some landmarks. The rest is grown with a lot of patience.
art128: Thanks for your comment, Arthur. Always great to hear such words. I will show you some more of the paved area in a future update (but personally I don't like it that much, since it is a pretty plain area. I'll have to work on that).

io_bg

That's a great mosaic, my friend, I love the use of w2w buildings! &apls
Keep the good work up! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Glowbal

Nice! I really like your style of city building

kwakelaar

A very nice looking mosaic, great mix of old and new w2w buildings.

Fabian93

Update #4 - Veburg ~ A small Island near to Laon

In this update I will show you a small island on which the city of Veburg is located. Veburg is a small city with merely 2000 inhabitants, laying approximately 20km away from the city center of Laon.

In the next update we will go back to Laon. Update #5 will show you a mosaic, which is even bigger than the one from the first update  ;).

Fabian

Replies

io_bg: Thanks a lot, glad you like it  :).
Glowbal: Thank you, great to hear that  ;).
kwakelaar: Thank you  :).

io_bg

Great work as always! &apls May I ask which is the train station you've used?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Nardo69

Hi Fabian!

You did go on the way you started!  &apls

The first mosaic in Update 2 reminds me a bit of the castle of Bruchsal where the railway line cut off a part of its garden. The main difference is that the axis castle of Bruchsal (German wiki, English Wiki) is upright to the railway line and not parallel to it like your chancelary.

I like those railways and sidings there. As good as you can use the LE you could electrify the two main lines by editing a lot from the soundwalls. ;)

I like the Siegesplatz but IMHO a counterpart to the statue is missing there.

Veburg looks nice. However I think you should've done that large 180° curve with the smooth curves from the NAM. In addition to this I know only terminal loops at such big railway stations from the TCDD but not within Germany. Anyway ...

Those timber frame houses look nice but I stopped using them as you cannot put them as close to each other as necessary to come close enough to RL.

Hope that wasn't too negative - I just love and see details ...  ::)

Take care

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Glowbal

My compliments.  &apls
Very nice. I like that square very much. Nice job!

Tomas Neto

Awesome, really, great work!!! Fantastic mosaics my friend!!!  &apls &apls

art128

Small city but with a big rail road layout !  :P
The siding ways are well done and the city center of Veburg looks quite nice with that train station. Although, I'm not really fan of your choice of Police station, that one (awesome BTW) doesn't looks good here with the rest of the old houses of the town center. The small one by Matt325 is also in corner and will looks better that this one IMHO.
Without that little detail, excellent work Fabian !
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

djvandrake

Love your rail yard.  Fantastic!  :thumbsup:

Nice work in integrating the diagonals in that plaza too, good attention to detail and it really shines.  &apls

Battlecat

Great job on those railyards and throughout your MD.  Keep up the great work! 

peter007

I like evry MD with railways in it and especially this one because the nice station.  &apls

Sciurus

This is so, waow!!!! :o :o :o

Guillaume &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Fabian93

Update #5 - More from Laon-Mitte

In this update you get to see a huge mosaic, which begins at the Veburger Bahnhof (even though you'll only see the rails  :D) and goes down to the Parliament building.

In the next update we will visit the port of Laon. The port is still under construction but I certainly wouldn't say that it's uncompleted.
Hope you enjoyed this update and thank you so much for the many replies to Update #4  :).

Fabian

Replies

io_bg: Well I've already answered you that question  :P, but for anyone interested: You can find it here.
Nardo69: Thanks for your reply, Nardo  :). It's always great to read such additional informations. I had a look at the place in Google Earth, and yes it has some similarities. And I also agree, that they (the timber frame houses) are not close enough, to make it look real. But I think the lots look great so I decided to built them in Veburg. I might work on a historic center with a lot of timber frame houses in the future, but for know I will concentrate on building and lotting my capitol city, Laon  ;).
Glowbal: Thanks! Glad you like it  :).
Tomas Neto: Thank you  :).
art128: Hi, I already thought that someone would criticize the police station  :D. Don't you like the building standing there in general or that it's just too big for a police station in a 2000 inhabitants city? If it's the latter - just think of it as a hotel  :P.
djvandrake: Thanks, great to hear that  ;).
Battlecat: Thanks - I hope i can  ;).
peter007: Thanks a lot  :thumbsup:.
Sciurus: Wow, thanks for that comment. Glad to hear that you think it's ":o :o :o:P.

djvandrake

Fantastic!  &apls  First rate mosaic!

Your city looks wonderful with a cohesive style and feel.  And I really like your sunken transoprt corridors, those rail lines especially look very good.  :thumbsup:

citymax

Well done, it's just spectacular  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fabian93

Sorry for writing here again - but can anybody see the mosaic of Update #5 at all?

Edit: Thanks WC_EEND, I uploaded the image again... hope it works this time.

WC_EEND

to answer your question: I can't
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project