• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Barsalargonia - Update 23 - August 23 2009

Started by Splime, May 31, 2009, 12:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarton

Again another great update!  :thumbsup:  &apls Just over 100 views to 5000!  :o

danielcote

Well thats great that I made it so the townspeople don't have to drive long distances to get groceries and they actualy have entertainment now. Yay!  ;D

shaylan221

This is the BEST CJ that I've seen in 2 WEEKS! No offense to anyone else. Superb job on your rural areas, I always aim for it, but it comes out being a metroplis. Keep up the awesome dude. And remeber, Im always watching!!!
Come check out my new exciting MD:

"The Life of a Tour Guide"

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11351.0

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Splime

Luke09: Your welcome!

citycapitalizer: 63 views to go now!

danielcote: Well, to be fair, the drive into Tumbler Ridge is just a few minutes (and even less for Tumbler Shores).

shaylan221: Thanks for the praise!

Bobbi: Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the comments, the next update is currently in the works.

Scarton

Correction: 51 views. %BUd%

(I keep modifying)

Luke09

38 views to go  :)

EDIT:Splime i have a thing that i want to ask you...You use Euro Textures for roads right?So how do i "clean" those textures on FAR pieces?I mean,i dont want those textures in my FAR pieces,i wanna those out of it...
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Scarton

28 views!  ;)

Now less than 10 views!

Luke09

Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

art128

Congratulations on 5000(+) views my friend, you truly deserved it !  &apls
Looking forward to the next update and the next 5000 views !
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Scarton

Well, it's 70 past 5000 views! Congratulations, Splime!  &apls &apls &apls &dance &dance

Splime

Luke09, citycapitalizer, Arthur: Thanks for the congratulations!

Luke09: Yes, I use the Euro Roads. I don't understand what you mean by "clean" the FAR pieces. Could you explain a bit more?

Update 21: Small Expansions

First off, I expanded the subdivision slightly south, to fill in a small empty space.

Here's how that development turned out.

Next, here's another empty area, except a bit larger. I considered more development, but decided against it...

...and instead made a ploppable pond.

Next, residential zoning moved to the other side of the railroad...

...and here's the developed result.

Then, I decided to expand into the mountains. There was a nice valley area that looked like it could hold some development. I would have drawn a road through that area, but there's mountains almost immediately on the other side of the border.

So, I zoned a farm (and put a few residential zones on the road to the farm) and...

...this is how everything turned out.

Finally, this is the current region view. The border transition isn't that great at the moment, as it looks like everything developed based on the border (which can be realistic in certain conditions, like a national border, but not here). I'll have to go back later and see what I can do.

Thanks for reading!

Battlecat

Nice update there!  Good choice on keeping that little pond, I like what you did with the shoreline.  Also, the region view looks great, I like how organic your farms are looking. 

I'm working on a more detailed tutorial on things that can be done to plan for blurring the border, I'll try to get that finished up and posted soon. 

That is an excellent point about the national borders, you just have to look as far as the Canada - US border in the Vancouver region to see that perfect line! 

danielcote

I like You're use of rail and that pond looks very realistic!

Luke09

I liked the expansion,and my favorite was the pond  :thumbsup: .About the Euro texture,the FAR pieces comes with a grey texture right?How can i change that?I want with no texture,i want only the FAR piece with no texture.
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

NASCAR_Guy

love to see how you seem take it slow :)

And Loved the chart (Hope to be closer to the left next time ;)
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Scarton

The valley makes a beautiful setting for this town!  :thumbsup: Fabulous job! &apls In my opinion this CJ is definitely one of the best, if not the best CJ out there!  &apls :thumbsup: &apls &apls I love this CJ! :)

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Splime

Battlecat: Thanks! I'm definitely looking forward to another border tutorial, as I think I'm going to attempt a border-blur soon.

danielcote: Thanks for your comment!

Luke09: Thanks! The FAR pieces don't have any texture underneath them by default. The grey sidewalk texture is added by special mods. So, just use the FAR pieces with the Euro road textures mode, and you should be fine.

Dave: Thanks, I find I get far better results when I go slowly rather than quickly develop a large area. And good luck getting to the left of the chart, you seem to have some tough competition...  :D

citycapitalizer: Thanks! Personally, my least favorite form of terrain to play the game on is a completely flat tile — it's boring and it's hard to get an organic feel on, in my experience. I always need special terrain features (like seas and valleys) to make things interesting.

Driftmaster07: Thanks!

So, some news about the status of this MD in the weeks to come: On August 25th, I'll be away at college orientation, and will be pretty busy with all the things that are planned. There's also a bit of a complication as far as computer access goes, since I've signed up for the school's laptop program, and the laptops are distributed on the 30th, the day before classes start. Since there's no way I'll bring by desktop up for just 5 days of computer access before I get the new computer, there won't be any updates going on then. (It is a very nice laptop program though, so no worries there.)

Speaking of updates, there definitely will not be an update every 2-3 days anymore, since I do plan to have a life. :P So, be prepared for a significant slow-down in this MD. This doesn't mean the end though, as I do still plan to update occasionally.

djvandrake

A life? What do want one of those for?  :D  RL isn't all it's cracked up to be imo.

Congrats on the success of your MD and your update was great.  I agin like your style with the layouts, trees, and leaving a little green around things.  Nicely done.  :thumbsup: