• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Life of a Tour Guide UPDATE 1

Started by shaylan221, July 22, 2010, 01:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaylan221

Hey All,

This will be my 3rd attempt at a MD, I hope to stick to this one because  I have a really good feeling that this one can turn out well. This one is called " The Life of a Tour Guide."

Meet James Evans.

He'll be doing all the tours in this MD.

He's 49, and single (ladies). He is an awesome Tour Guide. Lets Begin!

JAMES: Welcome one and all to todays tour! Big thanks to the people who are making this tour possible:

Thank you so much for coming, we are now departing the hub onto the long country road.

Miles and Miles later we approach a sign:

JAMES: Folks, welcome to the city of Verrado! Now I want you all to keep in mind that Verrado was becoming quite an established city, but when the recession hard here,  things went bad! So you will notice many forclosures, businesses out of business, and many citizens without work..But of course it does have its nicer parts like every other city.

We are approaching the first exit, so we will be getting off here to go and see some of the city.

Exiting off the freeway:

Here are some views of the different parts of the city:

Nice little quaint neighborhood off of Vista. St.

I can imagine the residents near by here hate living off the interstate, but hey its not me!

Verrado General Medical Center located on the busy Verrado Way (you'll see that later on!)

JAMES: Hey I'm hungry, I'm gonna go run into that tacobell and get me something to eat. When I return, we'll proceed, touring the city of Verrado.

Back in a Minute!

Don't you go anywhere!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys, so that was the 1st part of my new MD. Let me know what you think! Please post your comments, constructive criticism, and ask any questions you may have.

- Thanks for viewing,
            Shaylan
Come check out my new exciting MD:

"The Life of a Tour Guide"

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11351.0

CoastRunner

Very nice, Shaylan!  Good work on the story and town.  &apls

shaylan221

REPLIES:

Thanks for being the first poster  :)

And thanks for the kind words. I wanted to do something creative.

And to the lurkers out there, feel free to comment as well!!

James will be off his break in a little while!

shaylan221

OK, We're now back on the road..

JAMES: Man, that chalupa was scrumptious. Anyways, we are now going south onto Center Drive. Center Drive is where the city of Verrado got its start. Center Drive is a reallllllly busy road, therefore alot of people are late to work because its the only way out of the historic neighborhood. And secondly, all the rich folks bought homes there, but lets just say that half of em couldn't pay the bill.

That was how the street started, just like that. The Sims walked to work, now they drive miles, and miles to reach their destinations.

The pastor of St. John A.M.E. church on the corner there has told his members that they are getting ready to build the new church that'll house over 3000 people, not including and academy and cafe. This has been talked about for 25 years! They took up an offering to help cover the cost of the new church. Do they still have the money? Or is the pastor bluffing?

RUDE TOURIST: How should we know? We're the ones on the tour?

JAMES: Oh yeah, excuse me, continuing further down the historic route.

Like I said earlier, jobs are hard to find here, but all in all, if you can afford to stay here, they're really nice homes if I may say so myself.

Pay no mind to the billboard folks!

Well its 3pm now, so we're gonna end this tour for the day, and it'll give you and your families a chance to explore on your own. Lodging is at the Marriot hotel.

That concludes todays tour, we'll meet back here in a few days folks.

Take Care!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 1 is completed. Let me know what you think! Please post your comments, constructive criticism, and ask any questions you may have.

-Thanks for viewing,
                Shaylan

shaylan221

UPDATE 2 COMING SOON!

Teaser of West Verrado and the I-28 leading to more cities that we'll visit.

Skimbo

Row homes, a rare apperience at sc4... I like them.

Good startup.
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

shaylan221

REPLIES:

SKIMBO: Thanks, I try to get row homes alot, because I think it adds a nice touch to my cities..

Keep watching for more folks! We'll  be hitting the road again soon!

Battlecat

Interesting approach following things as a tour guide.  Looking forward to seeing what's next.