• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Lower Countries

Started by I9113N, March 09, 2009, 05:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threeswept

Yes, agreed...and, very inspirational. It's very nice to see the juxtaposition of all the different architecture rather than a block after block of the same - which, of course, can be equally great. But, it's nice to see such variety.  ;)

I9113N

Battlecat: Thanks!  :)

BararossaS: I appreciate your patronage.  $%Grinno$%

threeswept: Yes, I love variety, just as long as it's all similar.  ;)

Kanne Part 2, Beschlat Bemault

The Beschlat Bemault, which translates into "Misty Mountains," are not very mountainous, but they are most certainly misty. The more proper term would be "hills and valleys," but misty has a better ring to it. Anyway, the Beschlat Bemault is where you will find the best in mystical beauty that southern Kanne has to offer. By day the eastern slopes are covered with a soft blanket of moisture blown across the Salles Reservoir by perennial wind currents, and by night the moisture settles onto the ground, creating strangely clear air. The next day, more moisture is blown in, and the process repeats.
     Not only are the Beschlat Bemault home to a large quantity of water, they are home to many large villas and mansions, many of which with excessively long names denoting their hierarchical status, such as the Groß Mettnichter Šponnärich, the home of the equally excessively powerful family of Mettnichter Šponnärich the Great. Besides the large villas that contain excessively creative people who love long and complicated names, the Beschlat Beault are home to a few Opperlinen, lonesome buildings all alone somewhere in the hills. A good example of one such Opperlinen is the Church Aaron St.Lusteneim, a small and lonely church located at the top of a hill overlooking the small towns that dot the area around the Salles Reservoir.
     The hills are also home to a variety of "Special Purpose" Opperlinen, one such being the famous "Residence of Banished Peoples," home to over 20 important and rich people banished from their native lands. Besides all of the above, the scenic hills are home to the Schvelbör Bundespark, a national park full of beautiful sites, most notably a riverbed that fills with waters in spring only.
     You will also notice that there are some towns that are not pictured in this update, (it may say, near blahtyblah) the two of them being Märnaburg and Kreistesse.

BarbarossaS

Some beautiful pictures in this update, and some great photoshop effects too :thumbsup:
Keep up the good work!  &apls

-Stijn-

I9113N

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

BarbarossaS

Haha, Belgium was put up for sale  :D LOL
No way it's worth 1000000 €

-Stijn-

M4346

Updates look great!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: BarbarossaS on September 22, 2009, 08:17:21 AM
No way it's worth 1000000 €

Yeah, definitely! That's asking too much! :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

WC_EEND

Quote from: M4346 on September 22, 2009, 08:31:40 AM
Updates look great!  :thumbsup:

Yeah, definitely! That's asking too much! :P

nice update! It was pulled off Ebay by the way because I took a loan at BNP Paribas Fortis and bought it. So now I own my own country
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

I9113N

Barbarossa S: lol at least someone reads the thing.  :D 

I had a beautiful mosaic of the church, but I somehow lost it. This one is photoshopped to the extent of putting the images together. The original had some mist and stuffs.

KoV Liberty

I read it but I just missed the point there for a min! That is funny. Lol!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

threeswept

Great update! Always a pleasure to drop in...

ThatGuy

I love the updated and I am glad to see that you're back.

Quote from: I9113N on September 09, 2009, 07:34:44 PMWell, technically, I didn't get anything back, I had to start all over. So yes, I did lose the regions and cities.  ;)

Do you back up your computer at all? If you don't, I would suggest that you get one of those 1.5 Tb external hard drives and some backup software. It's saved me a couple of times ;)

Tomas Neto

Wow!!! Kanne Part 2, Beschlat Bemault really is a great update!!! Fantastic work!!!  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Beautiful updates!  Both updates have fantastic scenes! 

I9113N

BarbarossaS: (1) Thank you! Practice does make perfect!  :)

Driftmaster07: (1) Thanks!

BarbarossaS: (2)  :D It was indeed up for sale. That is what happens when you type random countries into the search bar at BBC.

M4346: Thank you.  :)

WC_EEND: Thanks! Lol I would have done the same if I lived there.  :D

Driftmaster07: (2) Funny and true.  ()stsfd()

threeswept: Thank you. My goal is to make each visit a pleasure.  ;)

ThatGuy: Thanks. I am happy to be able to update again. I did back it up, but the external hard drive was plugged in when it crashed so I lost everything on there too.  :D But fortunately the thing had a 3-year warranty, so I got a new one for free, and now I keep this one unplugged all the time.  :) But those things are ultra expensive. I don't have $600 to spend on a 1 tb hardrive when I only use 3gb of it.

Tomas Neto: Thank you. I appreciate your enthusiasm!  :)

Battlecat: Thank you. I did enter one picture in the picture competition, but it was outdone by cows walking down a road.  &Thk/(

Kanne Part 3, Farms of the Beschlat Bemault

First of all, I would like to apologize for not updating last week when I was supposed too. I had the pictures (now in this update) but never got around to posting them. So now, I have pictures for another update ready now. There should only be a couple more updates of Kanne as I show the capital city and some towns, then perhaps I will show the eastern mountains or something.
But there is a chance that I will be showing New Ammel soon...
     Anywho, the region around the Beschlat Bemault is known for its agricultural fertility, mainly because of the Salles Reservoir's constant rains, and the rich soil. You can find many farms squished between Märnaburg and Ven Sansdorf, and there is a new agricultural area south of Gann. Around the area, there are a few Ruès de Fedrâliestes / Bundstrallten / Strata Fedíralto (depending on where you're from, the South, North, or East in order), essentially federal highways. Most notable is the superior grading of the roads, which is done using railroad standards. You will see a few of them in the pictures.

ThatGuy

Quote from: I9113N on October 04, 2009, 08:11:13 AM
[centerThatGuy: Thanks. I am happy to be able to update again. I did back it up, but the external hard drive was plugged in when it crashed so I lost everything on there too.  :D But fortunately the thing had a 3-year warranty, so I got a new one for free, and now I keep this one unplugged all the time.  :) But those things are ultra expensive. I don't have $600 to spend on a 1 tb hardrive when I only use 3gb of it.

Ouch! Tough Luck. Good thing it was under warranty. They're not that expensive though. Well, not anymore. I got mine for $150.

Great update! I always love a good rural scene. I'm Looking forward to the next update.

Glowbal

Nice update! You really got the rural feeling in these pictures. Nicely done

BarbarossaS

Wow, some great looking flora you've got in those pictures. What tree controller is that?
Love those farms, they give a nice calm and rustic feeling.  :thumbsup:
And that hay barn in the last pic, lovely detail, really like it!

-Stijn-

kbieniu7

Beautiful fields, and those roads between trees. This region must be wonderful  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Nardo69

:shocked2:

... and I was just about to think that I would begin to learn how to use Simfox's trees ...

Absolutely great work!

Bernhard  :thumbsup: