• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The January '09 NAM Release

Started by dedgren, January 14, 2009, 05:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

[tabular type=4]
[row][data]
The NAM Team is pleased to announce the release of the January '09 Network Addon Mod (NAM)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is a full release as opposed to the recent updates- the team has looked the NAM over top to bottom this time around and, in addition to adding the most new content in several years, has made numerous changes and adjustments that leave this release as the best NAM yet.

So what's new in this release of the NAM?

* RHW 3.0 has arrived!  The NAM is ready for installation of the RHW 3.0 plugin, which is downloaded separately.  The plugin will add numerous upgrades and improvements to the existing RHW, to include

• Wider RHW functionality expanded, to allow highways up to 5 lanes per direction (RHW-10). NOTE: For proper Wider RHW usage, choose an RHW-compatible Simulator (A, B or Z) when installing the NAM.
  • Elevated RHW-4 and Elevated MIS Ramps with draggable (orthogonal-only) overpasses, allowing for true intersections between two RHWs.
  • New menu system, making it easier to access the piece you want.
  • Over 60 new puzzle pieces, including new Overpass puzzle pieces (for interfacing with NAM Elevated puzzle pieces), numerous new MIS Interface ramps and transitions.
  • Some new diagonal functionality, including diagonal MIS/Road intersections, plus puzzle pieces to allow the RHW-6S and RHW-8 networks to go diagonal.
  • Long-awaited Y-Splitters and OWR transitions added to MIS draggable functionality.
  • New default North American texture set, with darker pavement to better blend with Maxis networks.
  • Dummy paths added to RHW Curve Pieces, preventing freezing while placing.
  • Three draggable bridges for RHW-2 and RHW-4.

* Catch up to the FLUP!  The Flexible Underpass (FLUP) road puzzle piece plugin for roads allow the creation of modular road underpasses.
  * Board the T-RAM!  The Tram-in-Road (T-RAM) puzzle pieces let the user build complete urban tram systems.
  * Expand your GLR!  New GLR-in-Avenue puzzle pieces have been added and old ones have been enhanced and improved, providing for greatly increased functionality of ground light rail systems.
  * Increase your speed!  The High Speed Rail Project (HSRP) has been completely revamped using puzzle piece starter technology, and is now side-by-side compatible with the game monorail system.
  * Why-a-duck?  No... vi-a-duct!  New Rail Viaduct puzzle pieces have been added, including new diagonal pieces, diagonal on-slope pieces, and viaduct on PedMall pieces.
  * Take the next exit!  The first new Ground Highway interchanges in years have been added, including direct to one-way road off- and on ramps, and trumpet and the long-awaited partial "Y" highway interchanges
  * Curves ahead!  Several new road and rail wide-radius curves have been added, along with additional Fractional Angle Road (FAR) and Railroad (FARR) puzzle pieces.  Road and rail puzzle piece preview models and textures have been also improved.
  * Switch to a new track!  Wide radius rail switch puzzle pieces allow, in conjunction with the use of wide curves and the FARR, greater realism in designing dual rail systems than ever before.  Rail over rail crossings have also been retextured and made far more realistic appearing.
  * Commute with ease!  A completely new set of Traffic Controller plugins has been included.
  * Take the road less traveled!  This NAM is ready for the soon-to-be-released Rural Roads and eagerly awaited Single Track Rail plugins.
  * We've got you covered!  A variety of RUL, texture and pathing errors have been fixed.  There are also numerous code upgrades and fixes for existing content such as the SAM (Street Addon Mod) and HSR (High Speed Rail), along with other NAM components.

The Network Addon Mod is only compatible with SimCity 4 Rush Hour and Deluxe. You also need the SimCity 4 Rush Hour/Deluxe Patch for proper functionality. The detailed readme and other documentation included with the January '09 NAM will have your transportation networks up and running in no time.  The Windows version of the NAM comes with an installer that will guide you through the installation process.  Mac users will need to unzip and set up the files manually (this option is also available to Windows users who elect to), but the included documentation makes this simple and straightforward.NAM content from your cities before uninstallation.

The Windows version of the January '09 NAM can be downloaded here [linkie].

The Mac version of the January '09 NAM can be downloaded here [linkie].

Please note that the LEX requires separate registration.  If you are not registered there yet, these links will not work.

While we have thoroughly tested the new NAM prior to its release, we ask that should you discover any bugs or encounter any issues with its use that you would let us know about them by posting in the official NAM Issues Thread [linkie].  We also welcome your feedback and suggestions for further improvement,  The NAM is what it is today in many ways because of input from the community.  Thank you!

So, welcome to the January '09 NAM.  Enjoy!

The NAM Team

[/data][/row][/tabular]
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

David what a great opening post sir!!! Very informative and fun to read at that too!!! Now I wish I was at home to get the new stuff siiiiiiiigh.....  Anyways congrats to the whole NAM Team!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BradySeitz

Woo. I finally get something brand new. I have been messing around to get the turning lanes in look right for three days. I downloaded the April 2008 NAM again today and the new one comes out later. Well, I will definitely enjoy this. Way to go NAM Team!  &apls

kj3400

Wow, sounds like a doozy! I can't wait to experiment. Thanks NAM Team!  :thumbsup:
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

girlfromverona

I've now spent a couple of hours playing around with the new NAM and, I have to say, there is some awesome stuff included!! Huge thanks to everybody involved in creating this new version.  &apls

IsaacTham

YES!!! The NAM has come! I can't wait to try it out, just that there is a problem with my SC4. :'(

Isaac

Andreas

Unfortunately, there was a small bug in the NAM Controller that leads to a crash to desktop under certain circumstances. If you already downloaded the new NAM, please re-download the NAM Essentials and update the NAM Controller - no further action needed. :)
Andreas

Orange_o_

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

jacqulina

thankyou for the hard work NAM team &apls &apls

gn_leugim

io_bg

The new NAM is awesome!!! &apls A big THANKS to those who made it!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Dino007

I think I'm having a hearth attack!!!
:thumbsup: &apls :D :party:

Can't wait to test it!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TIGR

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

frdrcklim

:o MG! This is the best news I've heard for the year. That's way to start 2009. Jumpy >> &hlp
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

un1

Whooo!  &hlp  &hlp

This is my second NAM release ever, I think it must be better than the April 08 one (haven't had time to test it yet).

-un1

Q-Tips

The link to the NAM January '09 leads me to a NAM with upload date in 2007. Is it wrong link?

Edit:
Oops. Sorry, i got it. Last upload was today.

LE0

:'( :'( :'(To bad I cant use this until April, Im on vacation from my computer ()sad()

Im still very excited and happy for evryone who can use the new NAM :)

Are there now diagonal onslope pieces for road, OWR, and Avenue? or just rail?
Where can I find pictures of all the new features?

Leoland coming Spring 2009

kimcar

&apls &apls A big thanks to everyone who work on the new NAM and composants . without you the game will not be so interesting  :thumbsup:

Ryan B.

EPIC WIN.

A deep and heartfelt thank you goes to everyone who worked on this project.  I can't wait to see what else y'all come up with!