• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to mod sidewalks...?

Started by Fatsuhono, January 03, 2009, 10:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatsuhono

Hey. You know Jeronij's street side mod/sidewalk mod, and SMP's brick mod. Well, I have most recently been making an Italian-style city, using lots of excellent BATs by Mickebear, but there is one problem: The lots by Mickebear use a burgundy-colored base texture, which does not match my sidewalks. Anyway, I am wondering if there are any tutorials (or someone knows how) about making a mod to change the default sidewalk of roads, avenues, and streets, to that Italian base texture.

Thanks! (By the way, I have a very basic understanding of iLive's Reader. Not very much knowledge, just the most minor stuff... ;)

Tarkus

Hi Fatsuhono-

Basically, all you'd need to do would be to take the textures you wanted (in all zoom levels), export them, and reimport them as transit textures (Group ID 0x1abe787d with the same IIDs as the default sidewalk textures.  You technically wouldn't have to touch the Reader, as everything can pretty much be done with SC4Tool.

The IIDs for the sidewalk textures are as follows:

0x08100000-Low-Wealth
0x08200000-Mid-Wealth
0x08300000-High-Wealth
0x08400000-Agriculture

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

Fatsuhono

Thank you Tarkus. I will try that right now. :)

waynepopo

can u put some picture for more help?  i still cant understand it. can u just post it step by step?
sorry for making you guys trouble.
its not the item make your game to be easy.
its the skill makes your game to be great.