• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Take a Tour!- An MD of the Mid-Atlantic U.S.

Started by Travis, March 03, 2007, 09:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Travis that McD's is looking mmmm mctastey...  About the campfires it could have been something like placing rocks in a small circle and use the fire anima lol... i really do love those lots... so are you gonna share???

BTW welcome to page # 10 and hey loook below sweeeeeeeet  :)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Travis, congratulations!

...Worth getting an "E" ticket...

The Staff
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

rooker1

Hey Travis, congratulations on the move to Special Interest of the Month.  Very well deserved.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Congratulations, my friend! Very well deserved. It's going to be an excellent month!

Pat

Woooooot Travis you did it a biiiiiiiiig congrats to being in the OSITM  &apls &apls  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Travis

Wow, thanks for the comments everyone! It's quite an honor, and I'd like to thank the staff for giving me the opportunity.  :)

Quote from: patfirefghtr on July 31, 2007, 05:10:41 PM
i really do love those lots... so are you gonna share???

Hmm, If you'd like me too, I will, but beware, they'll ship with a truckload of dependencies, because public use wasn't foremost in mind when I made
these. But, if there's some interest, I'll open up a lot showcase thread.

We'll open up the month with an update I've been planning for a long time, A "Then and Now" update, in which we'll see some comparison pics
from now, and way back this spring when I started this region.

If you're just joining us, I recommend that you read back a few pages to get an understanding of where we are, and where we're going.
Helps if you check out the road maps too, so you can get a good directional sense.

Onward to the pics...

A few ancient pics, in which you can see the very first road layout in what will become downtown...

Crossing horizontally is State Street, in the upper corner is Ocean Ave/US-37, and in the lower corner is Interstate 318...

Going East/west are Ocean Ave/US-37 (top), and Union Blvd (bottom). Running North-South is State Street.

Union Station, at the intersection of State Street and Union Boulevard...

The very first few downtown buildings...

Downtown today. Note the significant changes...

Another angle...

Another old pic. Seen on top is Ocean Avenue/US-37.

In progress...

And today.

A couple of good comparison pictures. This is I-318 terminating into 0cean Ave/US-37, before...

And after...

A few more comparison pics. This is the old interchange between Riverside Drive/SR-72 (left), and Ocean Ave/US-37 (center)...

And here's what it looks like more recently, although not quite current...

Farther south on the map, we see the future site of Radston International Airport. I-318 is seen on top...

And what it looks like currently. Interstate 318 is again seen in the middle, along with a maze of other roads...

A city-wide overview from a few months ago...

And one from today. Just can't resist a city at night...

An old region shot. That's Interstate 18 on the bottom, with a tunnel under the Flag River...

And a brand-new one, with the names of the various cites and towns printed on...

To close out, we're going to have a little fun. I've been making small changes to downtown ever since the downtown update a few months ago.
I'd like you to name four differences between the current downtown picture and the one featured several months ago. Anything counts
except the slight difference in the view angle. The first person to name at least four wins a special prize, to be
named later. So have at it!

The old one:

The new one:

Later.

:thumbsup:

I'm updating the Table of Contents as we speak, it's worth checking out. :)

Pat

Travis a wonderful start to what i hope will be a wonderful month and yes i would be highly intrested in your
lots and also i think you should open a thread showcase... - pat

kimcar

&apls First of all congrats for the award. Great achivement :thumbsup: Sorry if it`s not spell correctly  . I have to tell you that i really like your campground . &apls &apls Very nice . And nice update too.

emilin

Congratulations on the reward! And it's nice to see so much progress taking place. The airport looks amazing! And the overall layout seems mighty good too. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Congrats on this award, Travis! That's a fantastic new update! Your city looks beautiful! :thumbsup:

rooker1

A very nice update and a great way to start the month.  Can't wait to see what else you have for us.
And as for the lots, I'm sure I have most of the dependencies already.  I would love it if you were to share.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

urban

Hey, congrats for the award :thumbsup: I really like your airport

Oh and I found 4 diffrences

1. Next to the railway track are new fences

2. the land right to the beach looks diffrent

3. there is a little blue house next to the mayor statue

4. the street at the ferry port has a new shape

cya dAvid

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

Travis

Replies....

@Pat, thanks, I opened one up in the the LE projects board.  :thumbsup:

@kincar, thank you! Glad you like my campground too.  :)

@Thanks! Indeed, there has been much progress, looking at the old-new pics side-by-side.

@Thanks you, bat.  :)

@Robin, Thank you! Indeed, I have much in store. I'll certainly be posting those lots, for as the saying goes, "sharing is caring".  ;D

@David,

Winner!!!

Congratulations, my friend! As for the prize...

Do you notice the island in the middle of the river? It's now known as David's Island.  :) Quite fitting, knowing your like of islands.

To be featured in tomorrow's update.  :)

Anyway, downloaded a trial version of photoshop today- Been taking the "Hmmm, what's this button do?" style approach. Here's the result,
coming soon to a picture competition near you...  ;)

Update's tomorrow.  :party:

Pat

Travis that is soooo awsome im happy that you are doing a LE thread.... This mini update is very goood tooo  &apls
i love the winter shot that looks sooooooo real... cant wait for the update...

thundercrack83

Whoa! I missed an update there. Sorry about that! And it was a great one, too! I love your roads and the airport looks stunning! And great work with your "trial and error" method of Photoshopping! I can't wait to see more!

Shadow Assassin

Very nice job -- I notice a fifth difference. The old pic's at night.  ::)

Hehe.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

urban

:sunny: I hope I get a nice vacation home at David's Island, if it's getting too hot on Walker's Island (there is an oppressive heat sometimes &sly)

very nice winter image...

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

bat

That's a great picture with snow, Travis! :thumbsup:

Travis

Update time...

@Thanks Pat! Glad you think that winter pic looks real- not that bad for a first attempt with photoshop.  :)

@Thundercrack83, lol, maybe I'm updating a little too fast, never thought that would be a problem...  $%Grinno$%
Anyway, thanks for the compliment, and I've pretty much got the hang of things in photoshop now- you'll see quite a bit in the update below.  :)

@SA, thanks! I was waiting for somebody to notice that- it's one of two extremely obvious differences.  ;)

@David, thank you! Indeed, that can be arranged. Quality of the neighborhood though...  &mmm

@bat, thanks bat!

In today's update, we're going to have a look at the Radston side of David's Island- which is split between the cities of Radston and Flag River.

A rainy night over the Ocean Avenue Bridge, while a ship bound for the port of Flag River passes under. David's Island is seen at the upper right...

A view of the bridge landing...

Looking up-river. Uh-oh, that's not exactly vacation home material, is it David?  $%Grinno$%

The southern end of the island. Some cheap summer homes found here...

Looks like the rain has finally cleared up...

A look at the northernmost tip of the island, which has a beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean, when the weather's nice.
You really don't want to be here during a storm...

An overview, looking east. That coal tanker is headed out to sea....

Last one for today, that same tanker, passing under the Ocean Avenue Bridge...

That's all for today. Next update- tomorrow perhaps.  ;)

I'd love to hear some comments.  :)

Later.

:thumbsup:

Pat

Travis you are very talented allready at photoshopping... Great update there and i will be back for sure - pat