• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Take a Tour!- An MD of the Mid-Atlantic U.S.

Started by Travis, March 03, 2007, 09:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urban

wow, I think I somehow forgot to post ::)

this is some great work, a big  &apls for your whole MD

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

Travis

Another long delay, have had a hard time putting this update together...

Replies...

thundercrack83, Thanks! It does indeed look reminiscent of Atlantic City, I lived on the New Jersey shore all my life up until a few
months ago. Glad you like the residential neighborhoods, there's plenty more to come in this update. Come again soon my friend!

Robin, Thanks very much, my friend!

emilin, Thank you to!

bat, Thanks bat!

urban, Thank you and come again soon!

On to the update...

This isn't the most interesting update, so bear with me here...
We're going to cover more residential areas today, around Whitewood Avenue.

An opening overview...

A second overview...

Some neighborhoods...

More neighborhoods surrounding Whitewood Avenue...

A High School...

Another angle...

A tunnel...

I love those seasonal trees...

More homes...

A traffic circle...

A close-up of the Avenue...

A distant overview...

The future site of Radston International Airport, I'm waiting for David and his team to finish up those diagonal runways so I can get started...

And to close up, an updated region pic...

That does it for today's update. Not sure where to go for the next update; I'll figure it out as I go along.
'Till then, I'd love to here some comments.  :)

Later.

:thumbsup:

Pat

travis i loved the update sorry i havent been around lately but hey still lurking at least.
Loved the highway walls by the tracks good way to protect your sims  &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

A wonderful update, Travis! Also like the city and the rail ways! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Another very interesting update, great job.  The rail lines look well placed, do you have high passengers?

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Great update, my friend! Those railways look magnificent and I love the residential sections! I'll be looking forward to seeing that airport of yours, too!

Snaper

Again a beautiful update  :thumbsup:

I love your residential discrict ... It's very american but very nice  $%Grinno$%

Bravo  &apls

Travis

A random eye-candy picture for you all...

Next update (and replies) is in the works. Might even post a map or two. Stay tuned!  :)

Pat

Oooooh you might post a map or 2 lol... I hope you do i love your maps travis and nice little teaser - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dmscopio

&apls good job, travis. looking forwars to you next update!
for more BAT downloads: www.davidluart.com

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

bat

You have there a wonderful picture from the snow! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Maps? I like maps! I can't wait to see them! Great teaser, my friend!

kimcar

&apls  Great pics . and very nice work with this winter effect  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Great winter scene, but haven't you had enough of winter? ;)

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

emilin

The winterpicture is just wonderful! And I also enjoyed the last update very much (though I am a bit late to comment). It's not boring at all. It's the small details that makes those low res areas worthwhile. I love the school in that surrounding, and the use of small differences in levels (as opposed to the much more common use of terrace style leveling). All in all: a great job! :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Travis

Update time...

@Pat, Thanks pat!

@bat, thank you bat!

@Robin, Thank-you! At this point, no, but when the next city to the east is built (Silver Shores), the usage will skyrocket.  :thumbsup:

@thundercrack83, thanks! That airport isn't far off...

@Snaper, thank you too! Glad you think it's very american, that's just what I'm going for.  :)

@Travis  whoops, wasn't paying enough attention...  ::)

@Pat, Thanks! Hope you like the maps...

@dmscopio, Thank-you too!

@bat, thanks bat!

@thundercrack83, Thank you! Hope you like the maps as well!

@kimcar, thanks! Glad you like the winter effect.

@Robin, Thank you! I don't think I'll ever have enough of winter. :)

@emilin, Thanks! It's good to know folks notice the little details I put into my pictures.

Today's update will be just a few random pictures, along with those much-anticipated maps. The International Airport and its surroundings will
make up the largest update yet seen, so that will probably be a while, although the airport is more than halfway done. So expect another
off-track update before then...

A preview...
Redwood Creek Nuclear Power Plant...

Some box store development in the suburbs...

Phillipsburg County Park, in Whitewood Township...

Maps are next, but a little explaining first...

Since the day I bought SC4, I've classified development into three categories:
Urban,
Suburban,
Rural

So, I made a quick map of my current region, most of it is still to be built.

Inside of the red line, will be urban development, packed in, with little open space.
Inside of the green line will be suburban development, mostly low density, with a fair amount of open space.
Inside of the blue line will be rural development, spread far apart, low density, mostly open space.

On to the next map...

I really recommend the larger version. It's well worth checking out.

It's the brand-new, updated transit map.  :) The icons should, hopefully, be self explanatory.  :thumbsup:

And lastly, the region shot. You can also see a tiny bit of the airport too...

That does it for now. Later folks!

:thumbsup:

Pat

Travis that is great and im glad i came back around tonight to see you snuck in a update
I sure cant wait to see this devolp - pat

Snaper

Wonderful images, I love specialy the Phillipsburg County Park
And the regional image is beautiful

Bravo l'ami  :thumbsup:

Travis

Hello everyone, posting to let you know, my vacation has been bumped up to tomorrow, so they're won't be an update for ten days.
However, I'm taking the 'puter with me on my trip, so I'll still get some work done. I might even have internet acess on one or two
occasions, so I might pop in with another teaser or two.

Just FYI, I've never flown before (hence all the incorrect markings in my airport), so I'll look closely around both Orlando Int'l Airport and
Atlantic City Int'l Airport for some inspiration. I'll leave you with a lone picture...

That's all for now. Hopefully, my next post should be from New Jersey. Have a great week folks!

PS: Thank you Pat and Snaper for your kind comments.

pickled_pig

While I'm on (hopefully not permanent) hiatus, you're cranking out some amazing stuff.  I absolutely love the pic with the Giant Eagle and Sports Authority.  I believe we have Giant Eagles here in Pittsburgh, though I'm not 100 per-cent certain...

...now if someone would do a good BAT of the North Carolina grocery chain Harris Teeter...

...pardon the digression there.  The Orlando International Airport is quite an interesting place, unlike any other airport I've been to.  It sprawls over about 20 or so square miles and you have to take a monorail-like thing to get from terminal to terminal.

Are you going to Orlando?

I don't know how urban your airport in Radston is, but if it's in a rather urban setting, you might want to look at satelite pics of Logan International in Boston and T.F. Green in Warwick, Rhode Island.  Logan's a major airport surrounded by multifamily and row homes, where T.F. Green is an amazingly compact airport.

-aaron