• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Take a Tour!- An MD of the Mid-Atlantic U.S.

Started by Travis, March 03, 2007, 09:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

And with that, bump it up. :P

A great MD you have going here, Travis. It's shaping up nicely.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

meinhosen

Quote from: dedgren on May 26, 2007, 12:53:25 PM
One more post and your fine MD will become a Classic.

Classic or Best Seller?   ;D  Either way it's well deserved.   &apls

Awesome work, Travis.  It's a fine looking city and very well thought out.  You've got a great eye for little details- there's lots of little stuff throughout your pics that really blows me away.  Great work!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Travis

A smaller update...

Some replies...

bat, Thanks!

David, Thank you very much David, it is quite exciting to be moving up the MD ladder.  :thumbsup:

Shadow Assasin, Thank you!

meinhosen, Wow, thanks! Indeed, I probably spend more time thinking things out than actually building them, other than the hours
I spend fussing over those little details.  :) Come again soon!

Okay, today's update is sort of a "bits 'n pieces" update, just a bunch of shots from across the region of areas that aren't built up enough to
provide for a whole update. Let's have a look...

Some early suburban development...

A pic of the interchange of Riverside Drive (SR-72) with I-18 in the suburb of Mortonville...

A drainage pond...

Even a few rural areas, but there won't be any farms in this region...

Some sprawl...

A teaser of the next update...

Lower-wealth sprawl...

And a last region shot...

Well, that does it for now. Will be back next time with some beachfront pics. See you soon!
Comments anyone?

Later.  :thumbsup:

JJ

Nice little update you have there! Although I don't understand why you changed the concrete texture, it doesn't look right (on the second picture)

bat

Wow, a beautiful update! Like the pictures! Great region shot! :thumbsup:

Snaper

It's very nice  :thumbsup:

I like  ;)

Travis

A few more "sneek peeks"...

A few replies...

JJ, Thanks! About the concrete texture, it's part of the underpass, and I can't change it. Come again soon!

bat, Thank you!

Snaper, Thanks!

Okay, I've done a little Lot-Editing in the past few days, figured I'd give you all a look...

Before...

...and after...

Looks a lot better, doesn't it?

Another one...

Before...

And after...

And seen in action, also another teaser for the next update...

I changed its appearance to look more like a hotel, and changed it from CO-$$ to CS-$$$.

That does it for now. Next update will be up in another day or so.

Later.  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Travis!

I must apologize sincerely for this being the first time that I've commented in your MD. I could have sworn that I have! Anyway, I've just gone through your work and I must say that it is marvelous. There's too much for me to comment on right now, but rest assured, I'll definitely be "taking this tour" in the future. Once again, I'm sorry, my friend. I'll look forward to more!

JJ

I admire you patience for lot editing. And it seems you've done a great job aswell. Love it :)

bat

Wonderfful lot editing! Great work, Travis :thumbsup:

Travis

First update since May...

bat, Thanks!

JJ, Thank you! I've been considering starting a lot showcase thread.  :)

Thundercrack83, Hey! Was hoping you'd show up. Glad you like my work, there's plenty more to come.  :thumbsup:

This update is over 20 pics, so I decided to split it into two parts...
Update 18, Part One

Today, in two parts, we'll have a look at the northwestern-most sector of the city, the sector adjoining the city of Silver Shores...

A first overview, we left off a couple updates ago at the upper left corner...

Here you see the beginning of the "Beachline" a strip of hi-rise hotels and condos that follows the beach all the way through Silver Shores...

That traffic circle marks the intersection of Ocean Avenue, Union Boulevard and Whitewood Avenue...

A close-up of the circle...

Some houses and apartments, Ocean Ave on the left, Whitewood Ave on the right...

Some wealthy condos, that plaza at top is my own lot, btw...

One of the five large cruiseships at dock...

A few more...

Hotels by the docks...

Last shot for part one, US-37 at the Radston city limits...

Whew! Thats it for Part One. Part Two will be up tonight, right now I've got to get some rest. I've been working on this
update nonstop since 9:00 last night! (Twelve straight hours my time!)

Later folks.

:thumbsup:

Ennedi

Hi Travis,

Great port, I'm impressed! Especially the first pic is my favourite.

I like also it's surrounding, beach and luxury hotels.

I am waiting for more! :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Snaper

Great work wich the LE, specialy the bulding  ;)

Your seaport is really beautiful, very realist

Bravo  &apls

rooker1

I must agree, the port looks awesome.  The shpis look great aswell as the avenue roundabout.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

kimcar

I miss a couple of update .Shame on me. Great choice that you took for the interchange light. I like it. Nice port too , and it`s nice to see the work of other on the LE. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Travis

Back for part two...

Replies...

Ennedi, Thank you! Glad you like the port.  :)

Snaper, Thanks!  ;)

Robin, Thank you! Glad you like the port too.  :)

kimcar, Thanks!

Update 18, Part Two

We'll pick up where we left off earlier today...

Moving onshore a bit...

Whitewood Avenue traveling inland...

Now a couple miles outside of Downtown, suburban sprawl begins to take over. Union Blvd. is seen at the bottom...

Quiet residential neighborhoods...

A Train Station...

A mosaic...

And a region shot...

That does it for this update. Thanks very much for the continued support everyone, it's what makes all this possible.  :) Next update's on the way!

Later folks.  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Looks outstanding, Travis! I love your beach with the boardwalk (what I would call I boardwalk, anyway) and the high-rise hotels. Reminds me of Atlantic City (that's a compliment from me, by the way)! And those residential neighborhoods are simply magnificent! Brilliant two-part update, my friend. I'll be looking forward to the next one!

rooker1

Again, fantastic update, your pictures are great, and the rural style you have here is outstanding.  The residential nieghbourhoods look very nicely laid out and thought out.  Great work.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

emilin

Wow! Much to long since I last commented here. A lot of development taking place, and it's looking better and better with each update. Keep up the good work! &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

That's a great port! Like the residential area! Great region overview, Travis! :thumbsup: