• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kolbrow (13.10.2019 - Olsza - a mosaic)

Started by kbieniu7, October 09, 2008, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Love it. Very good.

Cheers
Willy

Gugu3

Very very nice!!! &apls

kbieniu7

Arthur, noahclem, Kergelen, Robin, Willy, Gugu - thanks for commenting, friends! Nice to hear that you like work, I've presented.  :)
Fully agree - new, draggable curves and FA pieces with grass textures and sidewalks are great in towns and villages, allowing to avoid "texture holes".

I work over block estates in Kolbrow, but unfortunately I haven't finished them yet. Tomorrow I'm going to visit Olsztyn (a city in northern Poland ;) ) for a couple of days, so the update has to wait more.

In meantime some random shots from the last area.

Region shot showing the areas of latest updates. From the left (going eastward): Koszyce (unfinished city), Lubaczowa, Jasień Małurski, Małogoszcza (by the river). The giant city on the north is Kolbrów. Lines and curves made from plopable water are my "drafts", which I draw when I try to plan some roads or towns ;)

However I think that my updates might became boring to you. All time long just fields, villages, blocks, sometimes tenements... In this case I need to ask: what do YOU want me to create and show in my MD.  :) I hope that your ideas would refresh a bit my old thread  ;)

Good night!
Kamil
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

As usual, amazing updates. I really love how you do the farms in your region.

I also used MMP water to determinate what I had to do in a region.. Though nowadays I more often draw a plan in my head, according to some real life material and try to keep on it. :P

About the updates, I don't think it's boring. I mean,  I'm in the same boat. I keep doing the same things in my [now lost] region and I find it a bit repetitive and boring at long, but eh, that's what we do the best, no? :D

However I'd like to see a bit more of Kolbrow city center.. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

RepublicMaster

Great rural update! I like the small towns. :D

Dantes

I like the landscaping in your region. I'm curious what it looks like who you've designed a larger area like that.
The small village has a successful atmosphere.  :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

Well, it's Christmas time...Next long period without my activity.
Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope you'll spend this time cheerfully with your families. :)

Wesołych Świąt!  ;)

benedict

Merry Christmas to Kolbrów!
Click on the banner to celebrate!

kbieniu7

I've promised you to show some of Kolbrów's block estates (or ghettos, like some people call it :P). Ta-daam!

Still not finished...

But I've found a pic, that I forgot to post here.

A village (almost) in the mountains  ;)

Keep warm! Actually no snow in Kraków.

art128

A really nice rural picture! I'm looking forward to the block estates. ;)

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Well, another year passed. A bit traditionally - I wish you all Happy New Year with lot of new positive experiences  :)

Keep Warm!

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2531/mdu3.jpg

nbvc

Great work with your last updates. :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

Thanks, nbvc :)

By the way. Today passed the sixth anniversary of setting up Kolbrów. Quite a long strech of a time, huh?! ;) Thank you everyone for reading, watching and commenting during this period!

Greetings!
Kamil

Kergelen

Nice 2013 compilation and congrats on your sixth anniversary:thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

art128

Congrats for Six years of awesomeness!

Props & Texture Catalog

MTT9

You can call me Matt

Gugu3

kbieniu7

Thanks guys for your comments :) All exams passed, so it's time for an update! ;)

Little village in Malurgian Voivodeship, located by Wirta river, surrounded by colourful fields and forests. It lays near Kolbrów, on the national road no 1 leading to Małogoszcza.

Small market square with the church is the central point in every village in Galand.

Behind the church, inside the river bend, there are remainings of old medieval burgwall. Overgrown ruins surrounded by dykes are one of the tourist atractions in this region.

Some magazines, fire station and school.

National road no 1. Entrance from Małogoszcza.

Road bridge on Wirta river. We will use it while driving to the next update!

Yep, I'm playing with rural areas over and over again, but that's the stuff that gives me the most pleasure. Nevertheless, I'm still trying to finish socrealist district.

Keep warm!

Gugu3

Very nice update &apls
Congrats for your exams :thumbsup:

vortext

Belated congratulations on the six year anniversary!  &apls

Lovely update, what's not to like about rural countrysides!?   :D :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana