• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Commonwealth of Eleutherian States (Updated 11/23)

Started by M4346, July 27, 2008, 11:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

great update my friend  :thumbsup: I like these pix  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

Nice pics witj nice effects and I really like the shanty town! :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Dark_Jedi06

I love how you've captured the contrast between the slums and the farming estates, especially in the first image.  :)

Everything is excellently composed and the detailed description accompanying each image adds to the realism. :thumbsup:

I said I wanted to see some development, and I definitely wasn't disappointed. Looking forward to more. :satisfied:
...this space to be filled soon...

M4346

Thanks Dark_Jedi06, sciurus54, art128, south park, Fatsuhono, Yoman and Zaphod for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate your input and dedication.  ;D

I've been building on this "African MD" and I think it's progressing satisfactorily.  ;D However, I'm not too confident or satisfied yet to show everything and will continue to selectively showcase what I am happy with. :P

On the photos you'l see the Jefferson City "coat of arms" which is the logo of the Democratic Alliance, a South African political party, as it looks after their relaunch this weekend (which I attended).

10. Jefferson City Metropolitan Area - Ekandustria Development

Ekandustria, the current industrial heart of the Jefferson City Metropolitan Area, or JCMA, has steadily expanded since we last paid it a visit. However, the recent slump in the global economy and the steady onset of a global recession has temporarily halted expansion and production has decreased in Ekandustria.

While the labour force has been cut back activity still continues for the greater part of the day and into the early hours of the night.

Pictured above is the main coal depot in Ekandustria. Coal reaches the depot via rail from the mines in the north, and from the depot it is redistributed across the city - mainly to poorer areas which rely on coal for burning to produce heat in the winter months.

A shot capturing the Afrox gas depot in Ekandustria, situated next to the Goober Rum Distillery which distils rum from sugarcane trucked in from the sugar cane farms in Otomola and Chiromba on the outskirts of the JCMA. Rum produced here is mainly sold on the local market.

To the south of the current heart of Ekandustria lies Sondela, an informal settlement established by immigrants and displaced people from the Federal Republic of Nigeria. These inhabitants mainly provide labour for the many factories and industries in Ekandustria.

The main freight and passenger station in Ekandustria.

Below, a night and day shot of the heart of Ekandustria.

So, let's hope that Ekandustria, Eleutheria and myself wake up from our deep slumber and update more often! :P

Thanks for viewing.  ()stsfd()
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

CarmineHilton

Loves it, Marius!! x
Can't wait too see more from Eleutheria ;)

art128

Marius (?) these night pictures look really splendid  &apls the city is really realistic  :thumbsup: But maybe too much boats in the river, it's a bit dangerous  ;)
Arthur

Props & Texture Catalog

Jack Bauer

It looks so great!!! Your Industrial precinct is so realisitc!!!

blade2k5

Fantastic update!  The industrial park looks very realistic, nice work my friend &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Pat

Marius, great last 2 updates here for sure wow, I love the industrial area and also the Residential from the last update!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Marius

Glad I made it back before you had made too many updates but the ones I missed...
well - spectacular  &apls &apls

Lots of lovely detail to see. :thumbsup: had to go back to see what I missed first time around

Great stuff - looking forward to more.

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

M4346

Thank you all for your comments! I really appreciate it! But beyond that, I am actually quite happy to hear that you find my industrial areas 'realistic', because the greatest reason for me not doing industrial areas - or not showcasing them - is because I feel I don't portray them realistically enough. So! I am very happy with your feedback Blade2k5 and Jack!  ;D

I know the number of boats may be dangerous, but Eleutherians - particularly Jeffersonians - are skilled navigators!  :P

And TTC, it's always a great pleasure to have you stop by and comment! Good to see you here! Same goes for you Pat! I'm glad you're back in the swing of things and that you're taking the time to stop by here!  ;D

With the amazing difference DATPacker has made to my game I have decided to venture into extensive park and recreational additions to JCMA! As such, here's a sneak preview of Savannah's Camp Grounds.

10.1. Jefferson City Metropolitan Area - Savannah (Teaser)

I hope you're looking forward to seeing more of Savannah, just as much as I'm looking forward to showing you the progress!  ()stsfd()
New Horizons Productions

art128

this teaser look good Marius  :thumbsup: can't wait to see the update my friend  ;)

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Nice night itme pic, but I wish to see it during the day in all it's splender.  ;)
I am definately teased, thanks.

Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

pipishere

Sorry  %wrd

I should have stopped by and commented...but i haven't...sorry.

Love the updates....the night shots make it look so mysterious. Also...what the (?!) with the SCJU thing back on page 2/3  :D

blade2k5

Nice teaser pic :thumbsup:  If I had known about this pic being submitted for the pic competition, my vote would have gone your way.  Looking forward to more ;)

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Zaphod

nice industrial area, and I can't wait to see Savannah.

EDIT: No politics, please. - Dustin (thundercrack83)
War Kittens !?

Lilojame

Hi there!
Wow, the presentation is fanthastic with its detailed informations. Great work on that. And the pictures in the last update and in the teaser look great also.

Looking foward to see what you show us next.

Have fun,
Karin

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

M4346

I know I teased you with an image from Savannah, but I have been kind of side-tracked and distracted by the amazing batch of maps released by blade2k5 and papab2000 to the extent that I have decided to start working on one of Eleutheria's islands in the Gulf of Guinea, in the Atlantic Ocean.

It's a small island with a tropical climate, characteristic of the equatorial African regions, is currently uninhabited. However, following the recent secession of the 5 northern states from the Commonwealth and their subsequent formation of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the Eleutherian government has decided to launch an intensive population and development effort of the island. What island I hear you ask?

11. ukuKhululeka Island

ukuKhululeka Island (meaning Freedom) is one of a number of Eleutherian island possessions in the central Atlantic Ocean. The island, like many other islands in the Gulf of Guinea, forms part of the chain of islands formed by volcanic eruption.

The island is located to the north west of the islands of Sao Tome and Principe.

Overview

It is not yet exactly clear what the Eleutherian government has in store for the Island, but it is believed that the island will be accepted as a state i.e. a semi-autonomous region within Commonwealth, like the remaining other 7 post-secession states. It has previously been a special administrative region of the Commonwealth, directly under the control of the state of Jefferson.

Speculation holds that the island will be transformed into a tourist haven, although this is yet to be confirmed.

Thanks a whole lot, yet again, to blade2k5 and papab2000 for an amazing map! My game would be nothing without the awesome maps I use from the NHP team!

Sorry for the interruption, but I just couldn't resist playing around with the new maps and showcasing the results!

Also just to note, I used CP's Olympic Terrain Mod and his Meadowshire Tree Controller for the desired effect. I also used Peg's Clipper Watermod.

Thanks for reading!  ;D

M
New Horizons Productions

Yoman

Looks like a lovely place for a summer vacation, probably would be cheaper than all the hot spots as well :thumbsup: It will be interesting to see where you put the airport, doesn't look like theres a spot of flat land large enough (if my scale is correct, which probably isn't), Ocean runway anyone?

Pat

Marius nice update here and I like that map you have choosen to work on!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie