• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

One-Way Smooth NAM Curves

Started by deion30296, June 28, 2008, 07:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deion30296

I was building a few interchanges for my new city journal and noticed that there weren't any curved-one way puzzle pieces. I thought..... Hmmm. Maybe I should go tell the team.

So is it possible that there will be a curved one way piece in the next NAM? You got rail curves, highway curves, road curves and avenue curves. Why not one way?!

&idea &idea
My Pokemon Brings All the Girls To the Yard
Their like, Do you wanna trade cards?
Damn Right, I wanna trade cards;
I can beat, I've got Charizard
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

MandelSoft

I posted this question before in the NAM Devellopement thread. It seems to me a good idea too!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

If someone makes the textures to the exact dimensions of the existing Road Smooth Curves, I will make these pieces.  The modding aspect will largely be copy-paste, just a matter of flipping a path on each tile, and changing some CheckTypes in RUL 0x10000000.  There may be a little extra work I have to do with the RULs to specify the directionality of the pieces, but it shouldn't be an issue. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

nerdly_dood

I could probably make the textures, I just need to get the original Maxis one-way road texture...and I'm reasonably certain that I can obtain the correct texture, and of course tweak the two-way road smooth curve textures.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

dedgren

nerdly, my friend, I have all the vector graphic stuff set up for regular road wide curves- let me check out the difference between them and a one-way road, and maybe I could do that end, then send them to you to carve up into the textures.  Nobody needs to re-invent the wheel, in any event.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

nerdly_dood

That would be pretty useful - that way I don't have to rotate the one-way-road textures with PhotoFiltre and try to make sure they are the same distance apart and they match up with the curvature of the road and all that... It'll be a PNG that I'll be able to split up into 128x128 PNGs and make the alpha maps from, right?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

toxicpiano

how different would the euro roads curve be from the one way texture?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

nerdly_dood

Shorter dashes closer together, probably...

Shadow Assassin

The road and one-way road textures are exactly the same width. The line markings are the only difference - but it should be fairly easy to do that anyway.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Sojuz

So what happened? I think they didn't appreciate suggestion, in the newest NAM there's no smooth one way road curves   :angrymore:

Not a very good first post.  I think you could have siad this in a much politer way. - Robin - Global Moderator
It's better to have few railways more instead of a jungle of highways.

Phlogiston

these would be great to make a huge rounabout  :D

Rady

Quote from: Sojuz on November 08, 2011, 06:16:04 PM
So what happened? I think they didn't appreciate suggestion, in the newest NAM there's no smooth one way road curves   :angrymore:

Easy, folk. I think the NAM team was really kinda busy adding all this new stuff to the latest NAM version, so obviously the one-way-road-curves didn't make it this time. Patience will help a lot, and maybe we'll see them with the next release.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

teddyrised

Quote from: Sojuz on November 08, 2011, 06:16:04 PM

I'm sorry, but what in the world gave you the sense of entitlement to expect NAM team to churn out puzzle pieces as of when people want to? They are people, just like us, who have real life commitments to tend to. Nobody whips puzzle pieces out of thin air ???

MandelSoft

Indeed. We are merely human too and we can do everything people ask at once...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Rady

Quote from: mrtnrln on November 09, 2011, 02:40:38 AM
We are merely human too and we can do everything people ask at once...

Wow!!! It looks like I seriously understimated the NAM teams capacity    :D
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

noahclem

Quote from: Rady on November 09, 2011, 03:03:46 AM
Quote from: mrtnrln on November 09, 2011, 02:40:38 AM
We are merely human too and we can do everything people ask at once...

Wow!!! It looks like I seriously understimated the NAM teams capacity    :D

:D :D

If I had had to guess whether NAM Team members were either (a) more than merely human or (b) they are able to do everything everyone asks for at the same time I would have guessed (a)  :thumbsup:

Just in case anyone isn't clear, I'm a NAM associate, not a NAM Team member, and don't think that I am more than human

Sojuz

Wow, you take internet posts too serious.
It's better to have few railways more instead of a jungle of highways.

rooker1

OKay, enough said now.  Thread locked.

Robin - Global Moderator.
Call me Robin, please.