• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ehbk2006's traffic BAT projects

Started by ehbk2006, June 24, 2008, 01:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehbk2006

Added the offset signals and gantry in diagonal direction. I will do the offset signals in orthogonal direction later on.

Version 1.2 in the attachments

What building and maintenance prizes should I use for the signal and gantry lots?
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

ehbk2006

Added the offset signals in orthogonal direction and changed the prizes.

All LOT's included:

Final version on the STEX:

STEX

royal

Wonderful objects from Belgium. I like their signals, especially the screen with the different lights because of it`s bend from :)
It`s a pity that you can't se all the detail you`ve did in 3dsmax  &mmm
Your Baureihe 189 is very great, but I think you`ve missed the logo of the company.
Didn't see a locomotive only with Cargo on it. Perhaps you want to do a version with Railion and the blue cube on it.

Greetings from you neighborcountry Germany  :thumbsup:
Member of the SimForumBatTeam (SFBT)

ehbk2006

Thank you for the comments Royal :thumbsup:

All models I've made are untextured , however when I make a prop pack of them I shall refit all the models with logo's. If they are large enough to notice them in SC4.

Quote from: royal on December 30, 2008, 12:23:44 AM
Didn't see a locomotive only with Cargo on it. Perhaps you want to do a version with Railion and the blue cube on it.

http://www.torro-trains.com/jaaroverzicht/2005/mei/152-062-6-640.jpg 
;D I think it's something from the old days when it was DB Cargo, but they are indeed from Railion now.

Edit: Better idea I will just draw the logo's, that way I can use them as a vector file. (Resize them without blurring)

ehbk2006

Converted into props: (Br101, Br152, Br189)

Standard zoom level:

Max zoom level:

Coming up: (ICM - Koploper)

Nexis4Jersey

wow that's a impressive InterCity train model!  Are u also going to make Dutch Train Crossings , Maxis Replacement?

ehbk2006

Quote from: Nexis on January 14, 2009, 12:38:24 PM
wow that's a impressive InterCity train model!  Are u also going to make Dutch Train Crossings , Maxis Replacement?

If there's a tutorial for it why not. Only problem is how to make them animated, everything I've created at the moment is static.

I'm also searching for information about Swiss track objects, it will be my next theme pack. Have some dimensions or drawings post them here.  :thumbsup:

Meastro444

Ooh! Those look awesome!

Those are sketchup models, aren't they?
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

ehbk2006

Quote from: Meastro444 on January 17, 2009, 03:51:04 AM
Ooh! Those look awesome!

Those are sketchup models, aren't they?

Yes sir, I hope I can make them drivable one day. But for now I will make props of them, so they will look nice in your station Lot.  :thumbsup:

threestooges

Very nice work. The props looks goot and it's great to hear that you'll be pursuing drivable automata. That's an area I've always wondered about. If you're interested, have you ever considered modelling a cable car in the San Francisco style or something in the style of the PGE Redcar back before freeways took over southern CA? I know you likley have your hands full with everything else, but if you are ever looking for suggestions, I've always thought those would make great GLR vehicles. Very nice work so far.

ehbk2006

Quote from: threestooges on January 17, 2009, 01:59:06 PM
Very nice work. The props looks good and it's great to hear that you'll be pursuing drivable automata. That's an area I've always wondered about. If you're interested, have you ever considered modeling a cable car in the San Francisco style or something in the style of the PGE Redcar back before freeways took over southern CA? I know you likely have your hands full with everything else, but if you are ever looking for suggestions, I've always thought those would make great GLR vehicles. Very nice work so far.

If you got technical drawings with dimensions (blueprints) I can put it on the waiting cue, but remember at first it will only be a prop.

Kenworth

Hello ehbk!

Nice Locomotives! I'm working at Railion in Germany and I drove the BR 152 and BR 189. I like the 189, it is an authentic locomotiv :) Your models are comply with the examples, but the red is a little bit to bright and to cleanly.

ehbk2006

Quote from: Kenworth on January 18, 2009, 05:09:15 AM
Your models are comply with the examples, but the red is a little bit to bright and to cleanly.

Sketchup makes everything brighter when exporting to the BAT. 

Darker, lighter, perfect? Or could you post a piece of reference red color for the sunniest part of the trains?

Kenworth

Quote from: ehbk2006 on January 18, 2009, 07:21:52 AM
Or could you post a piece of reference red color for the sunniest part of the trains?

I have found this red (german: "Verkehrsrot") from a 185 (the little brother of 189)

I hope this file helping you.

I be available for more information ;)

ehbk2006

threestooges

I think I like the darker version a bit better. Both look pretty good though.

I found some decent pictures of the SF Cable Car, but no really technical measurements. As I recall, they are appx 8ft high, so if that provides any frame of reference, then have fun with it... they don't have to be spot on to the dimensions (though I will keep looking to see what I can find).

Thanks for adding this to your list. Prop or model, it'll be good to have it in the game.
-Matt

ehbk2006

Great pictures, it's on the cue list now, it will be modeled after the ICM.

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Yes the darker version look better, can't wait to see them out.
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....