• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ehbk2006's traffic BAT projects

Started by ehbk2006, June 24, 2008, 01:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehbk2006

@cogeo

Thanks for the lighting tips. I will remember them for the next models. But for now I can't change it anymore, because a imported model from GS won't save correct in GMAX.

@j-dub

I can make them time controlled (as a prop), the only things I need are: the 2 models as .SC4Model (one with red and one with green).

Release

I released the billboard, you can get it here:
STEX

ehbk2006
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Fresh Prince of SC4D

First Post Ever! Please Be Kind! :'(

Hey ehbk2006,

Really enjoy your BATs, man. There are valued mods in my cities.

Here some of my request  "$Deal"$ :

Would you be interested in creating some traffic lights?

Or maybe prefer design a new railroad crossing?

Thanks
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

j-dub

Ok, below I attached the red n green light models. 

When you think about it, the RHW is something that could stand to have a signal made for it, couldn't it?
I have to say the billboards do justice for the places you mentioned on them, right off the highway, especially next to the ramp puzzle pieces. I wouldn't mind some more versions that style, or tall enough to fit next to ramps again.

ehbk2006

@j-dub:

I've modded your signal, they are timed now: they will start at 1-1-XXXX and will go green and red on the other day.
You need the greensignal, that's the altered one.

However I can't test them because the LOT editor won't load them correctly or won't find them. I think there did go something wrong with rendering at your place, also Ilive has problems with loading your original model. Maybee you can send me the GMAX files and I will give it another try.

Anyway, I have put them in the attachment.

ehbk2006

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on July 22, 2008, 04:55:05 PM
First Post Ever! Please Be Kind! :'(

Hey ehbk2006,

Really enjoy your BATs, man. There are valued mods in my cities.

Here some of my request  "$Deal"$ :
Would you be interested in creating some traffic lights? Or maybe prefer design a new railroad crossing?

Thanks

Take a look at this topic, if you like traffic signals:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5136.20"$Deal"$

j-dub

Thanks. I'll just send you the gmax files instead. I'm sorry they only partially rendered right, somehow it got corrupted during export on my Vista. Strange. It should work for you though. Turns out that the prop will only appear in the LOT editor after it has 2 tiles when starting, then after its placed, the lot can be changed back to one tile. However, even so, thats when I noticed it had issues. I don't know why stuff doesn't export right sometimes.

ehbk2006

If I want to open the files GMAX gives this error:

The Scene XRef file: "C:\gmax\gamepacks\BAT\scenes\CamLightRigs\TB2_CameraLightRig.gmax" can not be found

Can you send me that file?

j-dub

That has to be located manually, you should have that in your system too, but I have the file attached below.

However, that gets complicated, so instead of working off of that file, the traffic lights can be imported to a new gmax file instead, without having to deal with the system going bezerk from not finding stuff. You just start a new, blank gmax file, then, from the file tab, select merge, you then can navigate to the traffic signals, after you have it selected, make sure all the boxes are checked, Except cameras and helpers, it shouldn't bother you with a missing warning after you unselected the cameras, and helpers. It should be okay, and you should then be able to have the camera reset. Hope that works.

ehbk2006

I need these textures/maps:

walk.jpg
dontwalk.jpg
\SimCity4\Justintime_GMAXModels\newcolor.jpg

The camera problem is solved, I can import the model now, without textures.

j-dub

Here they are below. Did gmax show you a warning box? If so, you can just ignore it. You should be able to copy these textures into where ever you keep your pictures on your computer. Then from the Utilities Icon, you can select Asset Browser and then manually locate all your pictures. Gmax then allows you drop the texture onto the shape/object. :)

ehbk2006

succes j-dub  :thumbsup: &apls

See the attachment below. The green light prop has been modified. The signal will be 5 days green and 5 days red. And will start working at 01-01-XXXX.

CasperVg

Ooh, that looks nice! It's actually the first custom traffic light that I really like  :thumbsup:
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

j-dub

:thumbsup: Thanks ehbk2006! As an added bonus, you get street sewers. Just place them in your plugins folder, and they eventually will appear on your developed cities. Oh man, your going to be famous for being the first person to ever do animated signals other than the Maxis ones. Since Avenue Left Turn Lane Intersection signals are before anyway, these will look good especially after those interesection especially.  &apls &apls &apls: So is this going to go to the other exchange sites for everyone else to see?

ehbk2006

Cool thanks j-dub,

Well, that means that we will continue with the regular program:

Comming up:

The station building of Sittard (WIP):

In reallife:

More pictures:
http://www.stationsweb.com/gebouw.asp?rec=999

I can't assure for 100% that I will complete this project. (Depends on my texturing skills. ;D)

kimcar

Hello ehbk2006 , nice work you did with the billboard, but i have a problem with the  last one that you upload on stex . Each time that i want to open it in the LE , the LE close and put me back on deskup and close the LE  ()what() So do you have any clue , cause i would like to us it for my MD . Thanks and nice station BTW  &apls &apls :thumbsup:

ehbk2006

Hmm I know what you mean. I think he crashes, because I deleted the base textures, therefore the base texture is transparant.

What you can do is making your own lot. And adding the prop's.
You need to add the MCB billboard prop and the powerbox prop to work correct.

Or you can add the base textures with Ilive's reader.
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=23.0 "$Deal"$ (in reversed order)

I hope this helps.

yoshiisland2

Some great work going on in here!  :thumbsup:  I especially like the curvature there, I'm a big fan of arches if you haven't already noticed. ::) If you need texture help, just ask and I'll see about whipping them up for you.  I have a lot of files to work with over here.  ;D

j-dub

Quote from: ehbk2006I can't assure for 100% that I will complete this project. (Depends on my texturing skills. )
The hardest parts going to be the windows for texturing. The blue walls, you can probably open up photoshop or something, and do that yourself, black and white should be simple. You probably cand find a texture for the roof.

kimcar

Quote from: ehbk2006 on July 25, 2008, 01:56:35 PM
Hmm I know what you mean. I think he crashes, because I deleted the base textures, therefore the base texture is transparant.

What you can do is making your own lot. And adding the prop's.
You need to add the MCB billboard prop and the powerbox prop to work correct.

Or you can add the base textures with Ilive's reader.
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=23.0 "$Deal"$ (in reversed order)

I hope this helps.

Geez , i wasn`t think to do that. Thanks , that`s a good idea . I will try for sure . Thanks for your answer. :thumbsup:

Monorail Master

Hey, those traffic lights look pretty cool. I'm just wondering if you can make the traffic light cameras for the Avenue+Avenue intersections? I Have a picture of the cameras in Knoxville, Tennessee. I'll be glad if you can BAT them and make it so we can down load it. P.S. The cams should be placed on the sidewalk edge diagnonal from each other. :) :) :)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

ehbk2006

I can make them, but I need some more information:

I need a picture or a drawing of the whole speedcamera and I need dimensions. (estimated is also fine)

I can place them on a lot just like the trafficlights, if you want to have them as T21's then you need to ask someone else.